LAMH Fuzzy Kitty

Discussion in 'It's About the Art!' started by VortigensBane, Sep 17, 2016.

1. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

I think that the base set only comes with one texture set. The bay with the black tail. There is a add-on of morphs and hides package in the Pro bundle, and maybe in the Starter bundle as well. Plus, I think there are additional hides with the add-on characters. Certainly with RawArt's, and maybe with the others. The do show different hides in the promos, at any rate.

Dakorillon (IMArts) and Pendraia like this.
  2. VortigensBane

VortigensBane Busy Bee

And if you have the old DAZ Horse 2 texture sets, you can just go into the surfaces tab and replace the default texture maps with one of your own... Of course, that's bad for advertising... :)

3. Gadget Girl

Gadget Girl Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Thanks Pen. I think you're explanations make a lot of sense. So there's probably two sets of geometry, in whatever form they've decided to use, one for the body and one for the tale and then lots of helper items to load them the way you want.

4. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

Iray materials for the DAZ Horse2 turned up in the store this morning. About time. Various people have been experimenting and it seems that the Centaur body does mostly share the Horse2's UVs. So the textures for that will probably work on it, although some 3rd-party stuff may take some additional work.

Geoshells seem to be an intrinsic component of the Centaur. And it's also built for the *current* version of Studio. People who are still on 4.8 have been reporting problems with the geoshell having to have the invisible bits manually turned off in the surfaces tab. People in the forums have been doing a good job of putting it through its paces.

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  5. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

Yep...that's what I think GG.

That's interesting Jodel. Did they use a geoshell to cover the join? I will have to go and look at the threads in the forum.

6. Dreamer

Dreamer Dream Weaver Designs Contributing Artist

That was Hemi over on the Daz freebe forum, he has all the gen4 centaurs up on shareCG now so you could probably get hold of him and ask if he either still has it and can put it up again or if you could with credit. He is a really nice guy and managed to find and repost the how to make 'tuar morphs tut it when I asked :)

7. CWRW

CWRW Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

@JOdel yes I saw that iray product for the horse too. LOL really someone needs to give the poor DH2 some better coats. Yes I did those but that was YEARS ago (2009!) - they look pretty awful now:) Harry is just sooooo much better anyway....the head on the DH2 especially really makes me want to gag.

8. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

I don't think they look AWFUL Laurie, they just don't look as GREAT as Harry :D

It says new bump, Spec and normal textures, that would be interesting to see (they don't use them on the Centaur, I got a friend to screenshot so I could see :p)

9. CWRW

CWRW Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

Thanks Rae. One does have to remember that at the time they were made for the much softer/less contrasty lighting that was more prevalent in Poser and the early versions of DS back then. (And originally they were made really just for Poser:) I was working to add bump and spec and all but Daz was more interested in getting them out by a certain date so all that fell by the wayside. Then I moved to HiveWire and told Chris my dream of making a REALLY good 3d horse model:)

10. Lyne

Lyne Dances with Bees HW Honey Bear

so is that post HERE for those that want to use it? I used one he made for DAWN tho.... so IF it is indeed the same person, he should post the Dawn/Harry one here?!

11. Dreamer

Its the same person all right, I checked the readmes :) The original centaur thread is on the Daz forums but I don't see the Dawn/Harry one listed and I can't remember where I found it. Could be that thread just not in the first post, I didn't go through the whole thing. The only one he has up on shareCG is the V4 one :( all other links are dead.

12. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

I know this is the LAMH Kitty thread, but... remember this early work I posted soon after we released our Harry?

Centaur2.JPG Centaur6.JPG Centaur8.JPG Centaur10.JPG

13. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Wants!!!!

Mythocentric and Dan30 like this.
  14. Dreamer

15. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dakorillon (IMArts) Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Fantastic to know that it is in the works!

Mythocentric likes this.
  16. Faewolf

Faewolf Inspired

oh wow I can't wait! Okay definitely holding off on the Centaur7 then now that I know we have this amazing creature coming :D

You just saved me from a purchase I would have regretted after seeing this!

17. Dreamer

@Chris will this be set up to use Dawn/Dusk and Harry maps morphs?

@VortigensBane sorry for the derail

Mythocentric, Pendraia and Chris like this.
  18. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

Most certainly.

19. Dreamer

:happyflip::yeahthat::doesnotsuck::happyflip:
    YAY! umm how soon? hehe

Mythocentric likes this.
  20. Mythocentric

Mythocentric Extraordinary

Oooooh! I have a centaur in my Faerie Runtime who is suddenly looking very, very uncertain about his future! What can I say? You're outa here buddy:wow:!

Dakorillon (IMArts) and Rae134 like this.