• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

LAMH Fuzzy Kitty

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I think that the base set only comes with one texture set. The bay with the black tail. There is a add-on of morphs and hides package in the Pro bundle, and maybe in the Starter bundle as well. Plus, I think there are additional hides with the add-on characters. Certainly with RawArt's, and maybe with the others. The do show different hides in the promos, at any rate.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I just had a look after seeing this and maybe it's because I'm a ds user primarily but I could see looking at the Centaur what there was...so copied this from there page and listed what I would expect from this product to help anyone who was unsure.

Thanks Pen. I think you're explanations make a lot of sense. So there's probably two sets of geometry, in whatever form they've decided to use, one for the body and one for the tale and then lots of helper items to load them the way you want.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Iray materials for the DAZ Horse2 turned up in the store this morning. About time. Various people have been experimenting and it seems that the Centaur body does mostly share the Horse2's UVs. So the textures for that will probably work on it, although some 3rd-party stuff may take some additional work.

Geoshells seem to be an intrinsic component of the Centaur. And it's also built for the *current* version of Studio. People who are still on 4.8 have been reporting problems with the geoshell having to have the invisible bits manually turned off in the surfaces tab. People in the forums have been doing a good job of putting it through its paces.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
There was a person before the forum crash, that supplied a pose set that made the body of the horse ready for Dawn...and a special trans map for it... I used it, saved my new centaur... BUT that person vanished and I can't share his freebie... I can't even find the readme now. :( It was so long ago. sigh.
That was Hemi over on the Daz freebe forum, he has all the gen4 centaurs up on shareCG now so you could probably get hold of him and ask if he either still has it and can put it up again or if you could with credit. He is a really nice guy and managed to find and repost the how to make 'tuar morphs tut it when I asked :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't think they look AWFUL Laurie, they just don't look as GREAT as Harry :D

It says new bump, Spec and normal textures, that would be interesting to see (they don't use them on the Centaur, I got a friend to screenshot so I could see :p)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks Rae. One does have to remember that at the time they were made for the much softer/less contrasty lighting that was more prevalent in Poser and the early versions of DS back then. (And originally they were made really just for Poser:) I was working to add bump and spec and all but Daz was more interested in getting them out by a certain date so all that fell by the wayside. Then I moved to HiveWire and told Chris my dream of making a REALLY good 3d horse model:)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
That was Hemi over on the Daz freebe forum, he has all the gen4 centaurs up on shareCG now so you could probably get hold of him and ask if he either still has it and can put it up again or if you could with credit. He is a really nice guy and managed to find and repost the how to make 'tuar morphs tut it when I asked :)

so is that post HERE for those that want to use it? I used one he made for DAWN tho.... so IF it is indeed the same person, he should post the Dawn/Harry one here?!

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
so is that post HERE for those that want to use it? I used one he made for DAWN tho.... so IF it is indeed the same person, he should post the Dawn/Harry one here?!
Its the same person all right, I checked the readmes :) The original centaur thread is on the Daz forums but I don't see the Dawn/Harry one listed and I can't remember where I found it. Could be that thread just not in the first post, I didn't go through the whole thing. The only one he has up on shareCG is the V4 one :( all other links are dead.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I know this is the LAMH Kitty thread, but... remember this early work I posted soon after we released our Harry?

Centaur2.JPG
Centaur6.JPG
Centaur8.JPG
Centaur10.JPG