• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

luannemarie

Busy Bee
Title: Metomorphosis
Metamorphosis 101z.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have to agree with Pen. I've never tried a monochromatic color scheme, but every time I see one I like, I want to try it. ;)

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Thanks Pen and Miss B, to be honest I end up with that the monochromatic effect without actually trying, personally I probably need to try using colours that clash and compliment, I find it difficult to move away from a one colour palette

Miss B

CV-BEE
I once saw a render, but unfortunately I don't recall where, which had a gradient effect that flowed around the image. I can't even begin to think how it was accomplished, but it was definitely something to see.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Pen and Miss B, to be honest I end up with that the monochromatic effect without actually trying, personally I probably need to try using colours that clash and compliment, I find it difficult to move away from a one colour palette
I used to do a lot of quilting and it was interesting how all my friends in the quilting group I belonged to had their own colour pallette that they tended to work in. I had a friend who used to go for blues, greys and another who went for brights. It can be quite challenging to work outside of the colours you are naturally attracted to. I love brights, especially hand dyed and batiks working in a more subdued pallette is quite challenging for me. Fun to have a try though...; )

Miss B

CV-BEE
I know what you mean. My fave color scheme is red and black . . . whether it be red with black trim, or black with red trim, red and black plaid, you name it, I had it. If it's a shade of red I find attractive, it has to have some black with it.

If my mom was still alive she'd attest to it, because at least half my closet had red and black print blouses, dresses, what have you, and she made a good many of them when I was young, and still living at home.