• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

seachnasaigh

Energetic
and PS, I really need a good CLEAR glass MATERIAL for poser if anyone knows of any.... also, this is Ken's perching place branch. :)

I just saw your moth-in-bell-jar image in the random media. Is that a Superfly render? I believe the blackening is due to insufficient transparency/transmission bounces.
This would let Superfly run raytraces until they complete:
glass demo render settings.PNG

I want to emphasise that Superfly will not raytrace through all of the bounces allowed; it will use only as many as needed.

Assuming the bell jar glass is two-sided, I'd use BB's tricky glass:
glass - BB's tricky.PNG

Jan

Adventurous
The Australian Lyrebird is such a good mimic that the Kookaburra up in the tree thinks it is another family member and is answering him with the Kookaburra laugh that these birds make. Birds -SBRM Australia, Frog and Skink lizard (on rock) by Ken Gilliland. Plants by Flink, Bromeliad by TransPond in Lisa's Botanicals Fall Tree set. PoserPro2014.

Lyrebird Bush Scene2a.jpg

Carey

Extraordinary
The Australian Lyrebird is such a good mimic that the Kookaburra up in the tree thinks it is another family member and is answering him with the Kookaburra laugh that these birds make. Birds -SBRM Australia, Frog and Skink lizard (on rock) by Ken Gilliland. Plants by Flink, Bromeliad by TransPond in Lisa's Botanicals Fall Tree set. PoserPro2014.

View attachment 36533
well done indeed

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, I've always heard about the lizards who throw their tails ad a distraction. But still...