• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
You never know what my muse will do.... "she" got ahold of an idea, and just would not let go!
I "had" to buy the doll display set by ironman13 at Rendo just for this idea... of displaying Ken's
gorgeous moths....had NO idea what to use as a background... but when I slid this one in
behind the image, I cracked up... at the tiger "looking at" the moth! :) I've no title, just had
to share post haste! :)

MothBellJar.jpg

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
and PS, I really need a good CLEAR glass MATERIAL for poser if anyone knows of any.... also, this is Ken's perching place branch. :)

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
There is an incredible design on the wings of the Decorated Moths. Just for fun, I painted something similar for Ken's Royal Hawaiian Feathered Cape, then turned the cape 180 degrees, so I could use it for a Serape. And before Ken gets a chance to say anything, I know the male Decorated Moth is a brighter yellow, but I tried that color on the serape & it just did not look right. lol

HiveWire3D products I used to create this picture:

Dusk by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & Virtual World
CWRW Rodrigo for Dusk by CWRW
HiveWire 3D Cowboy Hat by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & Spiritfoxy
CWRW Classic Hats for the HiveWire 3D Cowboy Hat by CWRW
Royal Hawaiian for Dusk by Ken Gilliland

Nature's Wonder Moths of the World Vol. 2 (Decorated Moths) by Ken Gilliland

Shades Of The Southwest
Shades Of The Southwest.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
This moth looks like it was painted by an artist, but it really exists! It is the delightful & colorful Crimson Speckled Flunkey.

Credits:

Nature's Wonder Moths of the World Vol. 2 (Crimson Speckled Flunkey) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

African Lily by Lisa's Botanicals at HiveWire 3D

The Moons Soft Glow
The Moons Soft Glow.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Great renders Flint. That second moth looks beautiful enough to be a butterfly.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Great job on that, Flint. I really like both images a lot. And yeah, a lot of moths are just beautiful. People mostly think of the dull white moths we usually see, but there are so many really pretty ones out there! :D

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Love your renders, Flint. I especially like the first, the look of wonder on Dusk's face is so cute as the moths flutter round him.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Wow. Beautiful Lyne and Flint!

I tried creating a dynamic poncho for Dawn over the weekend. It didn't work so well :(

But now Ken's Royal Hawaiian Feathered Cape just might work for what I wanted!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Great image Lorraine :)

Added: Looking at your image again, I have to thank-you for making my product look so good... I said to myself, "wow... I did that model?" lol

LOL, Ken!

Lorraine, Ken, Flint, Lyne - lovely images!!

And Szark - holy smokes!! What a collection of beautiful and varied renders! I love them!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
And Szark - holy smokes!! What a collection of beautiful and varied renders! I love them!
Yes, I've been a fan of his artwork for some time now. My favorites are Form An Orderly Queue Please, and Gone Fishing. ;)