I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Discussion in 'It's About the Art!' started by Stezza, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Ouch, those must've hurt. ;) Oh do I ever remember those days, though I never wore heels quite that high.

2. VortigensBane

VortigensBane Busy Bee

No One to Dance with Me

This one wasn't supposed to look like this, but I was moving my camera around the scene while fiddling with lighting, and I ended up liking how forlorn the empty scene makes it appear, so I went ahead and rendered it out... I'm still working on the "final" version.

Ghostman, Zaarin, Gadget Girl and 5 others like this.
  3. Miss B

Well VB, I'd say that's one heck of a lucky chance, as that's a great render. ;)

Can't wait to see the "final" scene you were working on.

4. Mythocentric

Mythocentric Extraordinary

With Miss B on this one. The image as it stands has a terrific impact it might otherwise not have had! :applause:

5. Lyne

Lyne Dances with Bees HW Honey Bear

the FULL SIZE image is the best to look at... and it sure is coming along well!!!!

VortigensBane likes this.
  6. VortigensBane

VortigensBane Busy Bee

I had a lot of fun draping the dress, and I'm very proud of how it turned out. My favorite thing about VWD Cloth and Hair is that you can drag vertices around during the simulation to get a better drape, which you can't do in Poser's ClothRoom.

7. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

That the new Iray add-on for Baroque Grandeure?

8. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

Just beautiful VB!

9. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

I love this, reminds me of a scene from the film Christmas Carol, the version with Alastair Sim, with young Scrooge left in the boarding school at Christmas. This render is far more detailed and complex but stirs similar emotions.

10. VortigensBane

VortigensBane Busy Bee

@JOdel Yes it is.

@Hornet3d Maybe I should add some Christmas-y stuff to the scene. Can't say that I've ever seen the film.

11. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

The film is a firm favorite in our family and almost a tradition to watch it on Christmas Eve. I guess the reason that your render reminded me was that it is also based in Victorian times, not surprising for anything written by Charles Dickens's, that, and the closeness of the season and the feeling of being alone.

I don't think you render needs anything Christmas-y although it would easily adapt to a Christmas Theme. To be quite honest I don't think the render needs anything at all, it tells a story and provokes an emotion, what more would you want.

12. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dakorillon (IMArts) Extraordinary Contributing Artist

13. quietrob

quietrob Extraordinary

Dakorillon (IMArts) and Rae134 like this.
  14. Gadget Girl

Gadget Girl Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Every year my dad like to retell the story of how one Christmas his uncle saved the house from burning down by grabbing the rug and throwing it over the Christmas tree, which had caught fire, because in those days they used candles on the tree.

This is a great render, on many levels. I love the depth of field, but honestly, the title it just awesome.

Love this little bit of story. I know I've dressed up and then wondered if I was just making a fool of myself while I was waiting to meet the person. Lovely little render.

15. Miss B

You know, I was just thinking the same thing. ;)

quietrob and Dakorillon (IMArts) like this.
  16. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Thank you Quietrob and Miss B

17. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

Destroyed.jpg

She had kept her concerns to herself but the lack of any contact was not normal. Despite this and his lack of space flight she sensed he was troubled, only now as the approached the outer marker were her fears confirmed. They were clearly too late to help any on the station but they feared for the population of the planet.

18. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Very nicely done!

19. Miss B

I have to say. That's one mess outside their ship.

20. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

Awesome render @Hornet3d

1001 uses for a hammer ---

Rendered in Carrara

[​IMG]