• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ouch, those must've hurt. ;) Oh do I ever remember those days, though I never wore heels quite that high.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well VB, I'd say that's one heck of a lucky chance, as that's a great render. ;)

Can't wait to see the "final" scene you were working on.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
No One to Dance with Me
View media item 2538

This one wasn't supposed to look like this, but I was moving my camera around the scene while fiddling with lighting, and I ended up liking how forlorn the empty scene makes it appear, so I went ahead and rendered it out... I'm still working on the "final" version.

the FULL SIZE image is the best to look at... and it sure is coming along well!!!!

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
I had a lot of fun draping the dress, and I'm very proud of how it turned out. My favorite thing about VWD Cloth and Hair is that you can drag vertices around during the simulation to get a better drape, which you can't do in Poser's ClothRoom.

Hornet3d

Wise
No One to Dance with Me
View media item 2538

This one wasn't supposed to look like this, but I was moving my camera around the scene while fiddling with lighting, and I ended up liking how forlorn the empty scene makes it appear, so I went ahead and rendered it out... I'm still working on the "final" version.

I love this, reminds me of a scene from the film Christmas Carol, the version with Alastair Sim, with young Scrooge left in the boarding school at Christmas. This render is far more detailed and complex but stirs similar emotions.

Hornet3d

Wise
@JOdel Yes it is.

@Hornet3d Maybe I should add some Christmas-y stuff to the scene. Can't say that I've ever seen the film.

The film is a firm favorite in our family and almost a tradition to watch it on Christmas Eve. I guess the reason that your render reminded me was that it is also based in Victorian times, not surprising for anything written by Charles Dickens's, that, and the closeness of the season and the feeling of being alone.

I don't think you render needs anything Christmas-y although it would easily adapt to a Christmas Theme. To be quite honest I don't think the render needs anything at all, it tells a story and provokes an emotion, what more would you want.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
We were always super traditional anyways. Thankfully the house never burned down...

Every year my dad like to retell the story of how one Christmas his uncle saved the house from burning down by grabbing the rug and throwing it over the Christmas tree, which had caught fire, because in those days they used candles on the tree.

NNMIATWAS
Nearly Nekkid Monique In A Temple With A Sword!

This is a great render, on many levels. I love the depth of field, but honestly, the title it just awesome.

Now she had decided to change out of the pilot suit that he was so used to seeing her in, her attempt to show him just what he had been missing. Only now, with him about to walk through the arrivals door any minute, she had serious case of cold feet.

Love this little bit of story. I know I've dressed up and then wondered if I was just making a fool of myself while I was waiting to meet the person. Lovely little render.

Hornet3d

Wise
Destroyed.jpg

She had kept her concerns to herself but the lack of any contact was not normal. Despite this and his lack of space flight she sensed he was troubled, only now as the approached the outer marker were her fears confirmed. They were clearly too late to help any on the station but they feared for the population of the planet.