• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Look out young fella!
Rendered in Carrara 8.5 Pro

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I made a low rez Carrara model of the ship for the animation if anyone wants it, head over to above mentioned thread to get it.
Hey Stezza, any chance you have your boat in OBJ format hanging around somewhere? :)

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
The Legend of the Forget-Me-Not

View media item 2524
Far, far, away, in a land where it was always summer, there lived a beautiful flower fairy. She spent her days dancing and singing in the forests and fields, and wherever she stepped, flowers sprung up in her wake. One day, the great Ice Dragon of the North flew overhead in his cloud of thunder, and heard her singing. Enchanted by the sound, the Great Wyrm landed before her and commanded her to return with him to his icy palace, to sing for him, and for him alone, forever. She declined, for she was a flower fairy who could not live in the frozen North where there was nothing but ice and snow, and because she was in love with a shepherd boy who tended his family's flocks in the meadows where she danced and sang. Filled with rage, the Great Wyrm seized her in his talons and carried her away by force. With one snap of his cruel jaws, he bit off her silvery wings, so that she could not fly away, and fastened her to his throne with a long chain so that she could never escape.

Without the flower fairy, the sunny summer kingdom soon withered away. The poor shepherd boy, unconsolable over the loss of his beloved fairy, resolved to rescue her. He donned his grandfather's old armor, and sharpened the ancient sword that hung over the mantelpiece, and set off in pursuit of the dragon who had stolen his love.

After a long journey, he at last arrived at the gloomy castle of the Great Wyrm. He fought bravely for his love, and although he was wounded himself, he finally slew the evil beast with a thrust to the heart. With mighty blows of his sword, he cut the frozen chain that bound his love. Gathering up her shivering form in his arms, he wrapped her in his own tunic, and slipped his own sturdy boots onto her tiny frozen feet. He carried her all the way back to the summer kingdom, over mountains and rivers, leaving behind him bloody footprints in the snow from his bare feet. When he staggered with his precious burden into his own little meadow, where she would be able to be healed by the warm sun, he fell to his knees. He had saved his beloved fairy, but cost was dear. As she grew stronger, he grew weaker, until at last, she had recovered, and he was dying. As she cradled him in her arms, weeping, he looked up into her glistening eyes and smiled a sad little smile. "Forget me not, my love, and it is enough for me."

Those were his last words. She buried him in the meadow under a mound of flowers. To this day, as she walks through the woods and meadows, tears for her lost love will still fall to the ground, and wherever they do, a little blue flower springs up, the same blue as was in the eyes of the poor shepherd boy who gave his life to save hers.

We call these flowers forget-me-nots.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
Bringing the Lussekatter
View media item 2530This custom arises from pious belief that during a famine many years ago, the townsfolk were saved from starvation by a vessel full of food which arrived on the feast of St. Lucy. At the bow of the ship was a woman dressed in white with a glow about her head. Believed to be St. Lucy, who had saved the city of Syracuse by a similar miracle, this beautiful, yet peculiar custom was adopted in her honor.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Beautiful VB, though not knowing of the custom, I took a double-take when I saw the candles were on her head, and not just on the wall behind her head.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
It is a bit unusual. Every Swedish mother's nightmare, I'm sure: children walking around the house with lighted candles on their heads, carrying a heavy plate with mugs of scalding coffee...

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
For some reason, I can't edit my previous post with the image. In reading it, I realized half of the caption was missing. It should read:

"December 13 is celebrated as the feast of St. Lucy. In Sweden, the eldest girl of the family dons a white gown with a red sash tied into a bow, and with a candle-lit wreath crowning her head, goes about the house in the early morning bringing coffee and lussekatter biscuits to everyone. This custom arises from pious belief that during a famine many years ago, the townsfolk were saved from starvation by a vessel full of food which arrived on the feast of St. Lucy. At the bow of the ship was a woman dressed in white with a glow about her head. Believed to be St. Lucy, who had saved the city of Syracuse by a similar miracle, this beautiful, yet peculiar custom was adopted in her honor."