• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
All That Jazz (Alexandra Leaving)

All That Jazz (Alexandra Leaving).jpg

A small token of esteem for Mr. Leonard Cohen!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nice Mytho. My mom was a flapper, or rather she lived during that time, and I have a pic of her with a cloche like that one.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Nice Mytho. My mom was a flapper, or rather she lived during that time, and I have a pic of her with a cloche like that one.

Thanks Miss B! I regret the only picture I have of my mother before WW2 is as an 8-year-old with long, blonde hair wearing a white communion dress, so what she got up to after, apart from marrying my father, I haven't a clue. The North of England wasn't exactly a hotbed of modernity in those days. However, she did teach me to dance the Charleston, (something which drives the grandkids to hysterical laughter when I get up to 'cut a rug') so I guess the spark was in there somewhere! :snoopydances:

Last edited:

robert952

Brilliant
...Adding the glass dome made lighting a nightmare, because I kept getting a visible reflection of my spotlights on the glass. I changed the lighting to "fix" that problem, but then...
I could be incorrect (wouldn't be the first time). I thought you could set the spotlight itself to not show in the render. I think so in Studio, but I don't use Poser so not sure. (And it seems that it has been forever since I even launched Studio.)

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
Normally you can set it invisible, but since it is a "photometric" light which is based on a geometry, if you hide the geometry, your light disappears too...

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I love period renders like this, not generally easy to do as there just aren't the period outfits available, irrespective of the period you are aiming for.

I couldn't agree with you more Hornet. Fantasy art aside, the period around the 1920's/30's is a time I greatly admire not only for the great burgeoning of the arts (Art Deco, Surrealism, etc), during that period but also for the great surge of optimism which swept away old ways and introduced many new ways of thinking into everyday life. Not surprising really, because the world had just suvived hell after all. I've spent many hours scouring the various content providers for suitable items with the result so far of four outfits for V4 and two for M4 plus, of course, Satira's Nouvelle Aube for Dawn (the sole representative of the Avante Guarde!). Add a few very nice suitable structures like the Gatsby Dance Hall and even so, it's a very short list. That's a pity really, because it's a period in time which deserves greater attention for it's sheer scope annd variety! :)

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
That is is stunning :love: You have got the best of both the others and put them together to make one beautiful render.
Well done

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I love this last one!

I didn't go back to check but did it have the tears before? if so I didn't notice, its a nice touch.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Definitely Option 3. Among the great lighting and composition, did you add snow to her hair? It's great.

Zaarin

Brilliant
I couldn't agree with you more Hornet. Fantasy art aside, the period around the 1920's/30's is a time I greatly admire not only for the great burgeoning of the arts (Art Deco, Surrealism, etc), during that period but also for the great surge of optimism which swept away old ways and introduced many new ways of thinking into everyday life. Not surprising really, because the world had just suvived hell after all. I've spent many hours scouring the various content providers for suitable items with the result so far of four outfits for V4 and two for M4 plus, of course, Satira's Nouvelle Aube for Dawn (the sole representative of the Avante Guarde!). Add a few very nice suitable structures like the Gatsby Dance Hall and even so, it's a very short list. That's a pity really, because it's a period in time which deserves greater attention for it's sheer scope annd variety! :)
Shameless plug: my "Jazz Age Dames" was inspired by 20s Hollywood actresses. :whistling:

I also love the glitz and veneer of optimism that characterizes both the 20s and the 50s. The flapper dress from RPublishing is quite usable if you dial the shorter morph into the negative (seriously, people, flappers were scandalous for showing their ankles, not their knees! :rolleyes:), and Frequency's dynamic flapper dress looks like the bee's knees. One day I shall nab it. ;) (The 50s had better music, though: Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, Frank Sinatra, Peggy Lee, Jo Stafford, the Andrews Sisters...)

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Shameless plug: my "Jazz Age Dames" was inspired by 20s Hollywood actresses. :whistling:

I also love the glitz and veneer of optimism that characterizes both the 20s and the 50s. The flapper dress from RPublishing is quite usable if you dial the shorter morph into the negative (seriously, people, flappers were scandalous for showing their ankles, not their knees! :rolleyes:), and Frequency's dynamic flapper dress looks like the bee's knees. One day I shall nab it. ;) (The 50s had better music, though: Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, Frank Sinatra, Peggy Lee, Jo Stafford, the Andrews Sisters...)

Skirt length is a problem with most of the suitable outfits I have for the period, with the exception of the Flapper Dancer in the pic (main figure). One thing I would like to see are more adventurous textures for them. There are plenty of examples, some of which were wild and a good source of inspiration are those Laurel and Hardy films (and who needs an excuse to watch them!), which bring them into conflict with their leading ladies. Mae Busch and Anita Garvin in particular wore some amazing outfits. I acquired Frequencies 1920.s Flapper outfit last night and it’s well worth having. Lots of textures suitable for the period and plenty of morphs to help with fitting (including skirt length). One thing I like is the obligatory long jet and pearl necklaces are also dynamic so no problems there. Best of all is it fits Dawn straight ‘off-the-shelf’