• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

quietrob

Extraordinary
I'm pretty sure that there have been overalls for Genesis figures. Whether they are anything that looks like *real* overalls is another issue. I think that Oskarsson did some at one point or other. I did see them at DAZ, anyway.

The look of true country overalls is a must and a plus. I have to admit that I'm leaning on spending some of my Black Friday money on Glitterati's offering. I do admit to using Aiko and Vicky for most of my work but I might be able to make this work. Sigh, so little money and suddenly so many choices. A pleasure yacht or overalls?

I can use Genesis figures but the workflow when using them slows me down and I'm slow enough as it is. A pity as each Genesis offering with respect to clothing just looks better and better. If only Hivewire offered coupons here and there to make it an offer I can't refuse. (Yes I am being greedy!)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
It looks as though it has been undisturbed for a considerable time then you, typical bloke, you have to play...................goodness knows what you have brought to life.

I'm actually more worried about what is about to appear and step out o that cage.

A pleasure yacht or overalls?

You have to love a place where a yacht and overalls could cost the same.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
RED QUEEN, WHITE QUEEN. Dawn and Vicky square up to decide who gets top spot......place your bets!

Red Queen, White Queen.jpg

Here's a tip to help you decide! The chess problem is the one presented by Lewis Carroll in Through The Looking Glass and played correctly results in the Red King checkmated in 11 moves. Yah Boo Vicky!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Here's a tip to help you decide! The chess problem is the one presented by Lewis Carroll in Through The Looking Glass and played correctly results in the Red King checkmated in 11 moves. Yah Boo Vicky!

Love that you used a real chess example. Every now and then I've seen renders with chess boards, and I look at the pieces and think, 'There's no way that's a real game'.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Thank you everyone. One of those images which popped up apparently out of nowhere and wouldn't leave me alone until I'd finished it!

That is one of my greatest 'bug bears' Gadget Girl! Despite my background in surrealism and fantasy I find it difficult to do something which doesn't have some basis in reality! It's why most of my 'faerie' art is based on Celtic mythology (i.e. Myth grounded in real places past and present), with the possible exception of the things I do for the kids, which after all is only based in a child's concept of 'reality'. Simply put, without the chess problem there wouldn't have been a picture! Incidentally, it took me years to sort out the solution to that game. I love chess but I just ain't that great a player! :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sorry Myth and GG, I'd be one of those people who'd do chess that way since I have no idea how to play :D

That is an unusual kitty sculpture.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think I have that kitty sculpture. IIRC, it's part of one of DM's sets, though I won't swear to it. ;)

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Hee Hee! No worries Rae. I guess I'm a bit of a 'rivet counter' that way. The things I know about I try to insist on being right. That's why I rarely show boats, other than fantasy boats, and even then I insist on the planking looking correct, because I love the sea and boats. For the rest I just take a chance and hope no one notices!!!!

The kitty sculpture, as Miss B says, is from DM's DreamArt 2. Like DreamArt 1 an essential item in my Runtime, full of great props. Well worth possessing for their versitility.

The story is that Little Kitty, the Hivewire House Cat was intended to act as referee for the battle. But having seen the two Queens assorted weaponry (and their ineptitude when using them!), he/she decided to send along a substitute instead and have it away for parts unknown a bit sharpish! :whistling:

Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Smart house kitty! hehehe

I know what you mean Myth, I like fantasy/surrealism etc but if I know what something looks like I like to have that realism (or at least know what rules to break :D)

Miss B

CV-BEE
The kitty sculpture, as Miss B says, is from DM's DreamArt 2. Like DreamArt 1 an essential item in my Runtime, full of great props.
You know Mytho, I was wondering if it was one of those 2 sets. I happen to have both as well, though haven't used "kitty" as yet. ;)

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
You know Mytho, I was wondering if it was one of those 2 sets. I happen to have both as well, though haven't used "kitty" as yet. ;)

I honestly don't think I could manage without them Miss B. I think they were the first DM sets I bought and use them constantly, especially in my This Circus Life series which are reinterpretations of originally traditional works in oils. There are a couple of examples here:

This Circus Life #6 - Chorus Chorus

Joan of Arc (This Circus Life #2)

VortigensBane: That is a gorgeous portrait! Many good Karma points to you!

:bee::bee::bee::bee::bee:

Miss B

CV-BEE
I think the only one I have up in my gallery at Renderosity is this one -->

I'm Game If You Are

Be sure to click it to see it unsquished. I did that render back in early 2011, and I wasn't that good with posing hands/fingers, so her left hand and fingers look too stiff.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Jeune Fille

I've been wanting a good beret for a long time. Since this particular character looks distinctly French to me, she's the perfect one to try it out...
She does look French VB, and that beret is gorgeous. Did you model that? Very nice indeed. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I love the image VB...I was thinking about getting that set. One question though...is that hair on the side of her mouth? There are some whitish lines I'm seeing. Thought it was my eyes at first...