• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
If I'm not mistaken VB, there's a limit on the time the general membership has to edit their posts. I'm not sure exactly what the time limit is, but it may be about 15 minutes.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Beautiful render. I was aware of the custom of the candle crown and bringing everyone coffee. Had heard varying accounts as to whether it was the eldest or the prettiest daughter who got the honor of standing in for St Lucy.

jecnodde

Admirable
It is a bit unusual. Every Swedish mother's nightmare, I'm sure: children walking around the house with lighted candles on their heads, carrying a heavy plate with mugs of scalding coffee...

Well first off, its just the Lucia who wears the light crown. Second there is a whole lots of elactric light crowns on the market that is mostly used by children. ;)

I remember when me and my sisters was doing "lucia trail" - no live burning candles was allowed, just those electric :p

VB -your image is beautiful and looks very lucia

Hornet3d

Wise
VB - I love the story and the renders as well of the information regarding Swedish traditions. I lived in Sweden for a couple of years and loved the country and the two years passed far too quickly. There is so much folklore that intrigued me at the time and still does today.

Hornet3d

Wise
Delayed Flight.jpg

The team was late, far too late, and she should have lifted off a long time ago. She would not abandoned them but she knew also that with every minute that passed her chances of returning home safely narrowed considerably.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I have to agree 100% with Hornet's assessment, and I have to mention the pose. It's fantastic, and tells a story all by itself.

Simply Breathtaking. I am always blown away by your renders and this one is no exception. Materials and Lighting are first class while the use of Depth Of Field gives real impact which does justice to the character portrayed.

I have to agree 100% with Hornet's assessment, and I have to mention the pose. It's fantastic, and tells a story all by itself.

You are too kind. I'm still a rookie with DazStudio. This is only my third Iray Render. I'm still trying to figure the kinks...lotsa T&E here (Trial & Error)

Miss B

CV-BEE
You are too kind. I'm still a rookie with DazStudio. This is only my third Iray Render. I'm still trying to figure the kinks...lotsa T&E here (Trial & Error)
I know how you feel, as that's what I've been going through with the new SuperFly render engine for Poser 11, or at least PoserPro 11. Not sure if the standard version has the SuperFly render engine or not.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
It sure does Miss B. If it helps there are some good free tutorials over at Rosity (also on Youtube) dealing with Superfly and how to get the best out of it! Have fun!

Hornet3d

Wise
Lounge.jpg

He had been gone for 6 months and it had seemed a lot longer, at times she had been unsure he would ever return. Now she had decided to change out of the pilot suit that he was so used to seeing her in, her attempt to show him just what he had been missing. Only now, with him about to walk through the arrivals door any minute, she had serious case of cold feet.

Miss B

CV-BEE
It sure does Miss B. If it helps there are some good free tutorials over at Rosity (also on Youtube) dealing with Superfly and how to get the best out of it! Have fun!
Yes, I've seen a couple of tuts, and now it's a matter of finding time to really sit and play with them.

Miss B

CV-BEE
He had been gone for 6 months and it had seemed a lot longer, at times she had been unsure he would ever return. Now she had decided to change out of the pilot suit that he was so used to seeing her in, her attempt to show him just what he had been missing. Only now, with him about to walk through the arrivals door any minute, she had serious case of cold feet.
Nice Hornet. :)