• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I was thinking of a neck and girls cover just as an option. I think the suit would do any super heroine proud!
I am reworking it. I changed the neckline to get rid of those sharp turns and made it smooth. I also discovered some stretching in the UV map I had overlooked. I added a boot material zone. I am going to redo the UV maps and go from there. But I will utilize the same techniques when I do the textures. I am thinking of doing a Firefly material too, since I haven't really messed with it since I got PP11...

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Wow~All superlative renders. Are they all G8 Girls? My fav is the anime girl but I have a soft spot for film noir girls and the last girl looks like she could have a small gun in her purse.
In that last lot they are (I've been putting in the descriptions what model they are when I remember :p) Sympatico Studio usually do characters or clothing that come out recently at Daz or Rendo so most of those are for G8 (occasionally still G3) or La Femme and sometimes V4. If we're lucky to get Dawn stuff then I'll post that in the Dawn thread. And if its a product like a landscape etc I try to put a HiveWire character in there (usually an animal tho). :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
These 2 at the seaside are Dawn characters, as well as the HW cat (HW dog is in the distance but cant really see him looking into the Ice-cream shop) and the FJ Holden @Stezza did

Hornet3d

Wise
It looked worth the risk, Caoimhe wanted to know just what was glowing at the end of the alley and with Turlough guarding the only entrance it seemed fairly safe. Before she could examine the item however, there was a tremendous noise to her right and the earth seemed to shake beneath her feet. She spun to see a sentry emerging through the wall, without a second thought she aimed at his head hoping that was indeed the part of his body that he used to reasoned with. At the same time she wondered if her decision to equipped herself with the beam cannon had been the right one, it could stop a tank but the downside was that it took a while to recharge. If there was more than one sentry she could be in trouble, it was at this point her heart sank as she heard activity to her left.

Blind Alley HW.jpg

Rokket

Dances with Bees
new suit.png
new suit2.jpg

UPDATE!!!!
I reworked the neckline, redid the UV mapping, and made a more subdued bump map with thinner lines.
The top pic shows most of the bump, while the bottom gives you a close up of the suit showing the new zipper and the different texture on the stripe that runs from her arm to the boots and also her inner legs.

I'll post a full shot at higher pixel count once I get the boots completely textured, along with a posed shot.

I am debating gloves.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Even though I liked the thicker lines, I'm liking the way these thinner lines look. Nice work on the neckline as well. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe approached with great caution, she knew she was in grave danger but this was the first sign of an outside influence on the demise of the planet and needed to know more. The craft had clearly crashed but why, had it been brought down? The other question was when had it crashed, was it recent? If not why had the site not been cleaned up as all other traces of their involvement had appeared to have been.

Crash Site HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
The computer gave the brief ping, it was enough to tell Caoimhe that seconds behind her Turlough had started his strafing run. She pointed the nose of her craft downward trying to get underneath the super-carriers outriggers before the debris from the communication towers were ripped into space. Their luck to this point had held out their masking shields had got them this close and, being undetected, the super-carrier had left it's force field disabled. Their luck needed to hold for a few seconds more. It was imperative she drop her payload on the target with little if any leeway, the slightest error and the ship would hardly feel a dent and the full force of the defence system would be trained on her. On the other hand, if she was successful, she had to hope her spacecraft would outrun the disintegration of the super-carrier where it stood. At least Turlough would make it clear for, having taking out the communications and thus the stopping the crew broadcasting their fate, she knew he would already be heading away. It was at that moment the tactical computer warned that she was not alone, she swore under her breath, her luck had run out. She swore aloud as the tactical computer marked it as friendly and she realised far from heading away Turlough was now protecting her rear.

Strafing Run HW.jpg