• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yes these are P11 Superfly. I will be nitpicking the P10-11 Firefly hair shader mat as well. That one isn't quite as bad to start with, though I am finding issues I need to resolve for that.

Forgot to add- best part too? Those SF renders took about 10-15 minutes each as opposed to about an hour to an hour and a half for LAMH in iray (at least on my machine). Granted I do have the SF render settings set to pretty low values, obviously for testing.

Just to show- this is what was making me nuts with the SF hair shader previously- I was going mad trying to get rid of those weird and garish lights on the hair.

LionManeSF1.jpg

Me195

Extraordinary
Yes these are P11 Superfly. I will be nitpicking the P10-11 Firefly hair shader mat as well. That one isn't quite as bad to start with, though I am finding issues I need to resolve for that.

Forgot to add- best part too? Those SF renders took about 10-15 minutes each as opposed to about an hour to an hour and a half for LAMH in iray (at least on my machine). Granted I do have the SF render settings set to pretty low values, obviously for testing.

Just to show- this is what was making me nuts with the SF hair shader previously- I was going mad trying to get rid of those weird and garish lights on the hair.

View attachment 35517

I don't know if this will help, but when I had that problem with the Hivewire Big Dog I increased the hilight size a lot to get rid of the shininess. The highlight color takes over a bit so my Superflyy hair shader looks like this.

Hair Shader.jpg

Fluffy Puppy.jpg
I came to this conclusion by random messing with numbers and trying to imitate the Firefly shader so I have no idea why it worked, but it did.

Here's a close up to show how unfinished it is.
closeup.jpg
I hope my blind luck can somehow help you out.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hey Me!

Thanks!! Yes the shader mod I came up with the other night is very similar (yeah the trick is def dealing with the highlight node for sure:) but you did give me some good ideas here- I am trying them out now and I am liking! Still needs a little tweaking for the long lion mane in particular, but a million times better. I am using a different approach for the Firefly shader and that is getting close/the lion hair mane is looking good- still need to tweak to really work well with spotted coats etc. now. Actually I really need to get back on the modeled mane texture for the lion now! :)

Thank you very much!!!!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Well... here's maybe something to cheer you ladies up some:) Got the DS MATS done today so mainly need to do all the thumbs, package him up and send him off to beta. He is also wearing the neat Tribal Ornaments that Gadget Girl and I are working on- aiming to get those wrapped up very soon too. Firefly render here.

View attachment 18233

is this set done? i think i got into this too late.
would have loved to see the fur longer almost touching the ground and are there morphs for it as well swing and sway like for when the leg positions change to look more animated and realistic? are the leggings conformed or smart propped?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Great work, Laurie!

Food? why not... lol here's my planned T-day menu: Figs with Bacon and Chile, Roasted Parsnip Soup with Walnut Pesto, Herb and Cheese Poppers, Bourbon and Brown Sugar Glazed Turkey with Mustard Seed Gravy, Fried Rice Stuffing, Cranberry Chutney with Orange, Figs, and Mustard, Duchess Twice-baked Potatoes, Sweet Potato and Brussels Spout Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancakes), Hasselback Butternut Squash with Bay Leaves, Green Beans with Mushroom Xo Sauce, Roasted Carrots with Creamy Nuoc Cham Dressing and the desserts; Cranberry Key Lime Pie and Apple Pandowdy with Maple-Bourbon Whipped Cream.

FOOOOOD!
Rabbit on a spit with wild onions and tubers rubbed generously with sage. Or a roasted piglet all drippy juicy and seasoned accompanied with flat bread and wild honey or hot steaming corn biscuits. How about a side of deer rubbed with sage and chili pepper on a spit over hot wood fire coals and with wild onions and tubers added just before it is cooked accompanied with flat corn bread rubbed with hat fat and salt! Honey would be the only desert available in the wild or fruit/fruit juice .
Reason for my writing this.......we need this kind of food stuff props for our wild Poser folks. I just can't find enough of it to make my renders look realistic enough! Paleolithic/Native American/African food props! Anyone! Darn...wish I could model! :(

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
is this set done? i think i got into this too late.
would have loved to see the fur longer almost touching the ground and are there morphs for it as well swing and sway like for when the leg positions change to look more animated and realistic? are the leggings conformed or smart propped?

Do you mean these?
Tribal Ornaments for Dusk - A CWRW & Gadget Girl Games Collaboration at HiveWire 3D

Gadget Girl did the modeling and rigging. They are conforming. I just did the textures. See the Product Description on the above page for the included movement morphs etc.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@CWRW uh, remember doing the matching textures for Harry's wings!?? Especially WHITE ones.... I really REALLY want those matching ones and I bet they'd sell well?