• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Cool! I just downloaded them and will give a look at them tom- supposed to snow here so will be cooped up anyway:) Thx!!

You're welcome. Here's 3Dream's Ash blonde1 over one of the Wild Skins and a True Hair layer on the Hooded Vest.

3DreamAshBlonde1.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Getting closer to done on lion textures, both regular and white lion. Aiming to get those wrapped up by the end of next week and out for seam testing etc. Still need to do some clean-up on the MATs. Chris and I are working on some little things too to improve him even more. Like I said in my post I just took a little break from the lion to mess with LAMH (having given THAT a rest for a little while:) and give me a "fresh eye" on the lion textures as I get down to the more final details on him.

Honestly I am liking the modeled mane for the lion much better than my Poser and LAMH hair efforts so far. And that will have morphs while my Poser and LAMH manes will not have any. One of the things Chris and I are doing for the modeled mane will make it even better.

Here's the extra thing Laurie is talking about. At her request, I've modeled in a face ring to achieve a better transition from face to mane for Laurie's textures.

Leopard414.JPG

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I can't tell you all how special it is that I can have this kind of input with the madly talented model man Chris and that he rocks my ideas the way he does! I've dreamed of this kind of partnership my entire 3D life.

Chris you rock, my man!! Thank you for your massive and passionate talent, and huge heart! (And HUGE thanks to my friend and also massively talented artist, @KenGilliland for bringing us together!)

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks Mythocentric!

I do think it will be possible to get good results with Poser Hair- it's just not being a fast or easy solution:) Also obviously it is taking me some time to learn all these new things and I am not a super fast learner- I just have to mess with things over and over (and take breaks from it when I get frustrated:) til I "get it".

So don't give up! :)

That's how I learn, too. It's the trial and error that assists me to understand the "what's and why's" behind the various functions in a program or an add on. I keep handwritten notes as to what change produced what result so I can refer back. I definitely get frustrated and take breaks and work on something else for a while to clear my head .. and then one day I seem to just "get it". Like magic, right? ;)

"Just keep swimming."

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I learn like that too Lisa. The other thing I find is the moment I ask a question I know the answer. That happened today. I emailed Alisa about a future product and as soon as I did I found a solution. Then asked another question, emailed her back and instantly was able to do it.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thank you for your reply Laurie. Yes I do agree with you that Posers Hair Room is in serious need of updating and has been for a long time. Sadly its something that is unlikely to happen given that most of the suggestions I've seen at SM for the next version seem to be centred around making Poser into whichever persons particular favourite piece of software (insert your own choice here!) happens to be. However, thats bye the bye. My concern is that does create an imbalance, and for a site which (almost uniquely) represents DAZ and Poser equally that could prove a problem.

Actually Mytho I feel the need to comment here. While Hivewire Products always have both DS and Poser Version...many vendors don't. While we get some lovely clothing for Luna from Karth and one or two other items the majority of characters and clothing released lately for Dawn and Dusk have been Poser only...I have bought very little lately due to this. I bought the iray set from Agent Unawares and also the textures for Novelle Aube which is Poser and I'm hoping to be able to convert. Many of the characters I have for Dawn have also had to be converted also. Luckily we do occasionally get a few treasures. I frequently wish that DS saw more products for Dawn and Dusk.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
No problem Pen and I do believe that Lauries replies were honest and valid. You can't honestly spend that much time learning two systems, especially when one of them is in need of a long-overdue upgrade. There just aren't that many hours in a day! But I do feel you've missed the point slightly. Yes there has been some nice products out lately, especially for Luna, and if there had been a Poser version I'd would have bought them without hesitation. Obviously you feel the same about the Poser only products. Thats a matter for the individual vendor and if they choose to cater for one program only, whether DS or Poser, the potential loss in sales is theirs to bear. However, in this case we are talking about hair presets for a number of animals which are being produced by Hivewire which will be on sale both here and at Renderosity, for both programs, and given their positive reception so far with the cats and horse the sales are potentially huge and deservedly so! But there is a proviso to that which worries me, and that is that the vast majority of the hair presets are DAZ only and that is a cause for concern. I have absolutely no doubt that the future Hivewire animals will be superb, and LAMH can take them to a whole new level, which is already evident from the horse and cats. That raises a number of scenerios from the Poser users point of view and this is me thinking off the top of my head here:
A potential customer buys the product and then realises they can't get anywhere nears the quality standards seen in the renders. There are a lot of examples here and at other places of the kind of results those LAMH presets are capable of, but only if you a DAZ user. So where does the recent Poser buyer stand? They have spent money on a product which potentially leaves them feeling they've been sold short and that results in future lost sales. Not a good result! And at this point, as I mentioned in my earlier post, it's why I no longer use the Hivewire cats for the simple reason that if I can't achieve that same high standard in my renders theirs no point in bothering with them.
Again, a potential customer is already aware that only DAZ users have access to the same, high quality product and decides not to buy that particular animal at all. Again not a good result and not one we as Hivewire supporters should be contemplating if we truly want Hivewire to succeed in the way they deserve! Thats why I raised the points I did. Not because of any discrimination against any software you happen to use but because it highlights a serious inbalance which needs to be addressed. At which point I feel I've taken up enough of Lauries thread and will bow out. In the meantime I'll take her advice and sit back and wait!

Last edited:

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Normally I whine about this concept but I gotta say here she did say the LAMH is going to be an add-on product people Using D/S can get extra. Whether here or Renderosity if sold that way it will work for everyone. If you have been following the thread Chris has shown modeled conforming hair which Laurie textured beautifully FOR POSER which comes at us out of the box I believe in both formats. Cool for for fussy nuts like me since I am still using the DAZ Big Cat1 with similar type hair/mane and I am ok with it. Chris's is just ten times better so happy happy as far as I am concerned. I have read your post and though it sounds unhappy and regarding some other products i would normally agree......but not here. having followed this thread and seen the results and read what Laurie has written herein on the subject, I just can't see your concern and i am not the sharpest nail in the group here. Maybe I am still missing something!? :(
As far as buying and not getting anywhere near the results in the promo:

If the promo images of the cat and the modeled & textured manes and hair out of the box in both formats it will be fine. If they do renders with the D/S LAMH and/or the Poser hair room thing (if and when they get it worked out) and it is advertised as a LAMH or Hair Room upgrade it will be fine too as long ias it is sold as such and clearly mentioned in the product page making it also not a problem. I think the way I am understanding the concern is that you think they are going to sell the cats with the LAMH hair and allow Poser users to believe it will come out of the box that way. I don't think anyone here neither Chris or Laurie are so daft as to do that.

Last edited:

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
No problem Pen and I do believe that Lauries replies were honest and valid. You can't honestly spend that much time learning two systems, especially when one of them is in need of a long-overdue upgrade. There just aren't that many hours in a day! But I do feel you've missed the point slightly. Yes there has been some nice products out lately, especially for Luna, and if there had been a Poser version I'd would have bought them without hesitation. Obviously you feel the same about the Poser only products. Thats a matter for the individual vendor and if they choose to cater for one program only, whether DS or Poser, the potential loss in sales is theirs to bear. However, in this case we are talking about hair presets for a number of animals which are being produced by Hivewire which will be on sale both here and at Renderosity, for both programs, and given their positive reception so far with the cats and horse the sales are potentially huge and deservedly so! But there is a proviso to that which worries me, and that is that the vast majority of the hair presets are DAZ only and that is a cause for concern. I have absolutely no doubt that the future Hivewire animals will be superb, and LAMH can take them to a whole new level, which is already evident from the horse and cats. That raises a number of scenerios from the Poser users point of view and this is me thinking off the top of my head here:
A potential customer buys the product and then realises they can't get anywhere nears the quality standards seen in the renders. There are a lot of examples here and at other places of the kind of results those LAMH presets are capable of, but only if you a DAZ user. So where does the recent Poser buyer stand? They have spent money on a product which potentially leaves them feeling they've been sold short and that results in future lost sales. Not a good result! And at this point, as I mentioned in my earlier post, it's why I no longer use the Hivewire cats for the simple reason that if I can't achieve that same high standard in my renders theirs no point in bothering with them.
Again, a potential customer is already aware that only DAZ users have access to the same, high quality product and decides not to buy that particular animal at all. Again not a good result and not one we as Hivewire supporters should be contemplating if we truly want Hivewire to succeed in the way they deserve! Thats why I raised the points I did. Not because of any discrimination against any software you happen to use but because it highlights a serious inbalance which needs to be addressed. At which point I feel I've taken up enough of Lauries thread and will bow out. In the meantime I'll take her advice and sit back and wait!

Are the Hivewire cats sold with LAMH textured fur? All of them....out of the box or is it just an option? Are the advertised uaing renders with LAMH fur or regular painted textured fur in the promos? As far as I can see they are promoted with the painted textures and if LAMH is used it is mentioned. Or am I missing something else? :(

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
As far as I know Carmen, all the promos for the cats (big and small) are shown with what you get "out of the box".
The only product that shows it with the LAMH hair is the FREE preset that Saiyaness made. I personally think the animals look good without the extra fur (Harry doesn't have any extras), as Laurie does an excellent job on the textures.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
As far as I know Carmen, all the promos for the cats (big and small) are shown with what you get "out of the box".
The only product that shows it with the LAMH hair is the FREE preset that Saiyaness made. I personally think the animals look good without the extra fur (Harry doesn't have any extras), as Laurie does an excellent job on the textures.

Oh I know dear. No longer in complete possession of my brain pan I asked to be sure I was right. I was right and you confirmed it. Wonder if Mythocentric is now?

A quesion here about this LMAH hair or even Poser Hair how much longer does it take to render a content rich comlex scene (multiple figures all with hair of some sort, props sets, etc.) with it as opposed to modeled textured and transmapped hair? Is very resource hungry as in Processing Resource?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
LAMH renders pretty fast. Maybe not *quite* as fast as without, but I didn't notice a big slowdown for it when I put fur on a cat in a scene. Not sure how that would translate for a lot of cats with fur in a scene.

And no idea how much the fur adds to render time in Poser.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I've used some of Syyd's Dynamic Hair for V4 and extensively used Cliff's True Hair and neither of them add enough to render time for me to notice.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I can't tell you all how special it is that I can have this kind of input with the madly talented model man Chris and that he rocks my ideas the way he does! I've dreamed of this kind of partnership my entire 3D life.

Chris you rock, my man!! Thank you for your massive and passionate talent, and huge heart! (And HUGE thanks to my friend and also massively talented artist, @KenGilliland for bringing us together!)

Wow, that is saying a lot there Laurie. HiveWire is blessed indeed to have the likes of you, Ken and so many other talented artists here. We are so grateful to you for your shared talents.

I remember reading in another forum on another site that is no longer in existence, comments being made about our early HiveWire focus. It was said that I personally lacked focus, the idea of creating Dawn and then jumping to model a horse of all things, rather than creating the male counterpart to Dawn. They didn't know or care to know, that the HiveWire Horse was crucial for our early direction. It helped cement a meaningful relationship with you, and what we could potentially achieve together as a team. I know you've created some great things for Dusk, but I believe it was the Horse that was really needed in this market at the time, and still is. I also remember that when we released our horse, a DAZ employee contacted me, and let me know that they were furious we could achieve such a high caliber product with our first version Horse. Much of which was attributed to the art direction of Laurie herself. I would model something and present it to Laurie, she would review and give feedback, and I'd go off and tweak some more. Then we'd rinse and repeat, until we had something strong.

Here is the thing too, we have so many more high quality animals underway, and scheduled to come out this year. Sky is the limit I believe.