• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
You lot are terrible! It's a good job I've just had tea...Hunter's chicken with buttery mashed potatoes and cauliflower under a mild chedder sauce followed by homemade apple pie with fresh cream! Now then, what's for supper? :coffee:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Cookies, cakes, pies - Yes
Juicy grapes, plums, nuts and dates - Yes
cheetos and moon pies - Yes
Pot roast, donuts, more cookies, sweet peas, corn on the cob or off - Yes
Pizza thick, banana bread, mashed or smashed potatoes - Yes
Death by chocolate and lastly the great wall of chocolate with raspberry drizzle - Oh, most ABSOLUTELY!

Hmm ... Pot Roast seems to be the only meat that made it into my list.
And, that thick pizza has pineapple, lots of sauce, some cheese, but no meat on it.

Burgers, fries, cookies, cakes, pies. Juicy grapes, plums, lemons, nuts and dates. More burgers, cheetos, and moon pies. Pot roast, tacos, samich, donuts, more cookies, onion rings, sweet peas, corn on the cob or off. Pizza thin or thick, banana bread, meat loaf, mashed or smashed potatoes. Death by chocolate and lastly the great wall of chocolate with raspberry drizzle.

Roasted Parsnip Soup with Walnut Pesto - This sounds good
Bourbon and Brown Sugar Glazed Turkey with Mustard Seed Gravy - This also sounds good, though I'm not sure about the Mustard Seed Gravy?
Apple Pandowdy with Maple-Bourbon Whipped Cream - Oh Absolutely! I adore Apple Pandowdy!

I had figs (Tiger Figs) for the first time ever in my life this summer. Loved them.
(Fig Newtons don't count as figs)

Figs with Bacon and Chile - Looked up several recipes for this, and it actually looks appetizing. Though, I'd skip the chile (in the recipes I saw, they were chili pepper flakes)
Cranberry Chutney with Orange, Figs, and Mustard - So does this, though it depends on how mustardy it this end up tasting

here's my planned T-day menu: Figs with Bacon and Chile, Roasted Parsnip Soup with Walnut Pesto, Herb and Cheese Poppers, Bourbon and Brown Sugar Glazed Turkey with Mustard Seed Gravy, Fried Rice Stuffing, Cranberry Chutney with Orange, Figs, and Mustard, Duchess Twice-baked Potatoes, Sweet Potato and Brussels Spout Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancakes), Hasselback Butternut Squash with Bay Leaves, Green Beans with Mushroom Xo Sauce, Roasted Carrots with Creamy Nuoc Cham Dressing and the desserts; Cranberry Key Lime Pie and Apple Pandowdy with Maple-Bourbon Whipped Cream.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Oh geeze, they're all still talking food. Wonder what I can throw together for dinner? Hmmmmm . . .

Well I know what's for dinner tomorrow Miss B. I've just got back from a late-night fishing session on the local beach with a brace of plump cod, around 6 -7 pounds each! Yummy!!! :snoopydance:

Meanwhile I'm wondering if we can tempt CWRW to create some Siamese textures for the HW House Cat. Including the beautiful Chocolate Point variety of course! :whistling:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
But of course. :D

Hmmmm, plump cod . . . I happen to like fish. Tomorrow's my big food shopping day. I think I'm going to have to pick up some fish. ;)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Well I know what's for dinner tomorrow Miss B. I've just got back from a late-night fishing session on the local beach with a brace of plump cod, around 6 -7 pounds each! Yummy!!! :snoopydance:

Meanwhile I'm wondering if we can tempt CWRW to create some Siamese textures for the HW House Cat. Including the beautiful Chocolate Point variety of course! :whistling:

Working on product imagery for Dante as I watch the US election returns (yeah I am a glutton for punishment:) but yes def I will be doing a Siamese set at some point- my first cat was an old style Siamese and the coolest!!! cat!!!! I got him when I was 3 and he was 3 months:) He went everywhere with me just like a dog.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yeah. I've been watching the updates on google. Scary. Very Scary!

I was impressed with how fast California, Oregon, and Washington results were posted. But then too, Oregon and Washington are both vote by mail only elections.

I voted by mail three weeks ago (absentee ballot), but found a postcard in my mailbox that my ballot hadn't been received yet. But, I don't know if that postcard is 2 weeks old, 1 week old, or 1 day old. Since it's not dated, and I collect my mail about once a month or so. So, maybe I voted, and maybe I didn't.

My polling place is a tiny fire station (that doesn't even look big enough for a standard fire truck). It's on the corner of a five way intersection with no parking lot and limited street parking. It's not really that easy to get to from here either and the streets are narrow and dark. They could at least wait to change time until after the elections! I absolutely hate driving in the dark on poorly lighted (and narrow) streets.

Miss B

CV-BEE
. . . and I collect my mail about once a month or so.
How do you receive bills and get them paid on time if you only collect your mail about once a month? I don't necessarily check my mailbox every day, but I wouldn't leave it more than a couple of days. Besides, my mailbox wouldn't be able to hold it all if I left it for an entire month.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
But of course. :D

Hmmmm, plump cod . . . I happen to like fish. Tomorrow's my big food shopping day. I think I'm going to have to pick up some fish. ;)

Me too Miss B. The fishing was actually one of the reasons I chose Morecambe when I retired! Pretty hard at times unless you know where to look and most visitors head for the Stone Jetty daytime and return empty handed. Pity because the same venue at night is a whole other ballgame! My own favourite marks are further north near my home (about 10 minutes walk!). Cod, whiting and flounder in winter. Summers see's plaice and bass, with a personal best of 11lbs taken on a light spinning rod, and felt like I'd hooked into a Saturn 5 launch vehicle. It amazes me that restaurants charge so much for bass when I'm eating something which cost me a few softback crab baits! Or even less if I go out and collect them myself! Then of course, there's our renowned Morecambe Bay shrimp. Cooked on board as they are caught and packed in butter. Served on hot toast the taste is exquisite! Damn it! I'm hungry again now! :rolleyes:

Working on product imagery for Dante as I watch the US election returns (yeah I am a glutton for punishment:) but yes def I will be doing a Siamese set at some point- my first cat was an old style Siamese and the coolest!!! cat!!!! I got him when I was 3 and he was 3 months:) He went everywhere with me just like a dog.

That is good to hear CWRW and something to very much look forward too! Some of my favourite memories are of my old Labrador Retriever (coming from Chris) and his best mate and constant companion Suki, the next-door neighbours young Siamese cat. They were often to be found lying together at the end of the drive at the old house, Suki usually between his front paws or, occasionally, sprawled across his back, as they watched for the girls coming home from school. That is a fond memory I would dearly love to replicate! :applause:

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
This isn't my cat but this guy looks a lot like my old Siamese- sealpoint coloring. My guy was huskier and HUGE though:)

seal.jpg

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
You use soft shell crab as bait?!?!?!?!? OMG, other than a 3 1/2 lb. broiled lobster, soft shell crab is my all time favorite seafood.

Hee Hee! A language/terminology difference methinks! Not soft shell crab as such but common shore crabs in the process of changing shells which they do annually as they grow. I.E. As they loosen the old shell when they are known as peelers, and after shedding but before the new shell hardens when they are called soft shells or softies! Real soft shell crab is very hard to find in the UK because it has to be imported which means it costs the same ridiculous price or more as bass! However we do get edible crab running up to 12 inches across the shell. You just cannot believe the taste of fresh crab straight out of the water, into the pan and the white meat eaten out of the shell with a knob of butter and just a pinch of black pepper! That's what me and my old mate David used to do when went out on his 40 foot fishing boat before he passed away! Happily we have a fresh fish shop close by which sells locally caught produce and after writing this I strongly suspect I will be waiting for it to open first thing tomorrow!!! Drool!!!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
This isn't my cat but this guy looks a lot like my old Siamese- sealpoint coloring. My guy was huskier and HUGE though:)

View attachment 18925

That guy reminds me of my friend Paul's old cats. Two sealpoint siamese who allowed him to share their home at the Manse Silk Hall. Their favourite occupation was bird-catching (or at least trying!). The Hall was built out down a hill with a tree surrounded garden at the end edged by a stone wall which had a steep slope on the other side. It was a common sight to see them sitting in the garden or on the wall waiting for their selected target. Interestingly enough they never bothered with the birds in the tree's but any daring to fly over their territory would see them both launch themselves into the air in an attempt to bring them down reaching quite prodigious heights in the process! It was amazing sight to see with their athletic and balletic grace (which would put any prima donna ballerina to shame). They never succeeded but it never stopped them trying, even when the launched themselves from the wall in the wrong direction usually resulting in a disgruntled kitty spending time out sulking once they'd climbed back up! o_O

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hee Hee! A language/terminology difference methinks! Not soft shell crab as such but common shore crabs in the process of changing shells which they do annually as they grow. I.E. As they loosen the old shell when they are known as peelers, and after shedding but before the new shell hardens when they are called soft shells or softies! Real soft shell crab is very hard to find in the UK because it has to be imported which means it costs the same ridiculous price or more as bass! However we do get edible crab running up to 12 inches across the shell. You just cannot believe the taste of fresh crab straight out of the water, into the pan and the white meat eaten out of the shell with a knob of butter and just a pinch of black pepper! That's what me and my old mate David used to do when went out on his 40 foot fishing boat before he passed away! Happily we have a fresh fish shop close by which sells locally caught produce and after writing this I strongly suspect I will be waiting for it to open first thing tomorrow!!! Drool!!!
Ahhhhh! I don't eat hard shell crab all that often, as I prefer to spend my time cracking the shells of a lobster instead. I do love soft shell crabs, but they're only available here from about May through the end of the summer, but boy are they ever delicious.