• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Sparky's products at HiveWire

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
And the Kyree are basically big cats with wolf heads. Something like a dragon head would also be useful on the general to-do list, although maybe various morphs should be planned out for add-on packages.

Actually, Ken's wings for Harry would probably work perfectly well for gryffons and hippogriffs. If the sculpt is optimized to work with those, the issue would just be providing a compatible texture which is designed for that particular monster.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
The wyrsa are described in her books as being a snake mated with a greyhound and covered in scales.
As well as being a sort of greenish gray or yellowish gray or black (depending on which book, which version of them, which encounter). Needlesharp teeth. Toxic. Move like lightning. Never quite still and hard to tell how many of them in the pack. (They are pack animals.) Those last not directly applicable to making a model, but definitely gives an idea of the creature.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
And the Kyree are basically big cats with wolf heads. Something like a dragon head would also be useful on the general to-do list, although maybe various morphs should be planned out for add-on packages.

Actually, Ken's wings for Harry would probably work perfectly well for gryffons and hippogriffs. If the sculpt is optimized to work with those, the issue would just be providing a compatible texture which is designed for that particular monster.

I thought the Kyree were wolves the size of calves.
I always thought of them as a wolf base wasn't there also mention of a cat based sentient also in one of the books? It's been a while since I read them will have to reread...

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
It would take a while to find the reference, since kyree show up in a lot of the books, but I'm pretty sure it was in one of the earlier ones. It was definitely a cat-like body with a wolf-like head. I pictured something like a cougar, or possibly a caracal. (The illustrators always just seem to draw wolves.)

Can't recall whether she ever described the tail. That would make a difference in the overall look.

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
The wiki describes Kyree as having a blunt, wolf-like head, the body of a cheetah, and the coat and tail of a wolf. So...bascially a wolf with longer legs and torso.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I remember getting the conforming teeth set for the Mil2 figures and use them a lot for other figures including some creatures with a little resizing. Also the teeth for the Mil4 figures have been helpful though i am not sure those are morphs/MAT adjustments now that I think on it?! Seems a set of conforming teeth with decent morphs for adding removing teeth as needed would work for me.
How would this set be used lets say in creating a Cerebrus or a single mesh centaur or a single mesh minotaur like your beautifully created WereBeast! Of for instance creatures like the Sleen the 6 legged lion headed beast of GOR

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 214

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
I'm afraid centaurs and things with more than 4 legs are not going to be possible on this mesh, since the base geometry only has 4 legs. I suppose I could go back to the drawing board and make an eight-legged geometry to accommodate everything except like millipedes, LOL, But that would make for some messy hidden geometry on most things. ^.^

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Pendria, there's the Firecats, which are like the Companions. And once upon a time there is/was a cat like the Kyree, or so it was hinted at that such was on a list of allies and good creatures as opposed to change children.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I'm afraid centaurs and things with more than 4 legs are not going to be possible on this mesh, since the base geometry only has 4 legs. I suppose I could go back to the drawing board and make an eight-legged geometry to accommodate everything except like millipedes, LOL, But that would make for some messy hidden geometry on most things. ^.^
:) :)
Nah dear. Just thinking aloud but would still love a minotaur, centaur and cyclops......whenever! LOL

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Pendria, there's the Firecats, which are like the Companions. And once upon a time there is/was a cat like the Kyree, or so it was hinted at that such was on a list of allies and good creatures as opposed to change children.
I remember the firecats...I was thinking something larger. I really must reread the series it's been too long.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Cats the size of a largish dog... I don't remember for sure... Check the... Mage Storm trilogy I think it is, with Karal from Karse.

To get an idea of what does/did exist and are considered okay, you want the first Mage Winds book, Winds of Change I think it is. It comes out in the talk between Darkwind and Elspeth about why Nyara is ChangeChild and not an accepted race.

And Alisa is reading this and probably going, "She can remember all of this, but she can't remember to check on what needs looking at?" ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yeah...I remember the mage storm series I'm thinking of one of the earlier ones either Vanyels time or during the ones about kerowyn's grandma and partner....I will have to check.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Mage wars might mention something in The Black Gryphon about who was all there fighting with Urtho.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Fire cats were only the books about Karal, only the one trilogy (unless there is a trilogy I don't have or haven't read, which is quite possible). I had the impression that they were about the size of a Maine Coon cat (which can get HUGE), but could appear larger or smaller if they wanted to. Mostly the coat color gave it away.

The kyree were in a number of books. The "Vows & Honor" series had a kyree most of the way through. Plus "By the Sword". The last Vanyel book did as well.

Wyrsa were in a number of books, sometimes unnamed. "Silver Gryphon" was one with an unusual group of them. The book in "Mage Winds" (Elspeth with the Bird Kin (blanking on name)) had a band of them attacking Skif and his companion. There was a pack of them set loose on a celebration in the first Vanyel book (but not by name).

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The Kyree are also in the Mage Winds and the Mage Storms trilogy more so Mage Storms.

The wyrsa were named in Magic's Pawn (the first Vanyel book) after Savil took Vanyel to her Tayledras friends, and the image of them were thrown at Vanyel to get him to use his offensive magics.

I may have... read the books a few times... causing me to need to replace at least one of the books due to falling apart from use. I've got them on kindle now, so no more spines breaking and covers falling off and pages falling out. LOL.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I have the same problem, haven't bought all of them on kindle only some of the newer stuff and the other series she does. That's the main reason I haven't read them in a while as my hands hurt if I read a real book for too long these days.

Kyree were also mentioned in the Vows and Honour series as Tarma bonded to one IIRC. I really need to reread them. Edit to add just saw Rowan's post Duh!!! really should read more carefully.