• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED SkinEdit Python Script for Poser 12

Rhia474

Not only I restarted Poser five times and tried to log in over and over again, but I, as stated, changed (reset) my password at Renderosity as well and manually retyped each time. Poser insists it is not my password, when it is the one I use to log in from a Web browser.
This has not happened at all with any other script or product I purchased at Renderosity. If the product is NOT in store yet but someone placed in to my account, I can only conclude they gave me the WRONG file--as I stated I installed it NOPT through the Purchases tab (which never worked) but via the Install from ZIP Archive as I have done for quite a few years now.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Not only I restarted Poser five times and tried to log in over and over again, but I, as stated, changed (reset) my password at Renderosity as well and manually retyped each time. Poser insists it is not my password, when it is the one I use to log in from a Web browser.
This has not happened at all with any other script or product I purchased at Renderosity. If the product is NOT in store yet but someone placed in to my account, I can only conclude they gave me the WRONG file--as I stated I installed it NOPT through the Purchases tab (which never worked) but via the Install from ZIP Archive as I have done for quite a few years now.

I assume this is the right ZIP, because Hornet3D has also downloaded from the same place, and it is working for him. Have you tried login in through the Poser library embedded store? Someone told me that if you do it that way, the scripts will not show you that dialog.

Rhia474

If you mean have I tried to log in via the library's store window, the answer is yes sir, and it happens the same way--endlessly presenting the login window over and over again.

I will see if a thread posted tomorrow when some people may be actually working over there may help.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
If you mean have I tried to log in via the library's store window, the answer is yes sir, and it happens the same way--endlessly presenting the login window over and over again.

I will see if a thread posted tomorrow when some people may be actually working over there may help.

Could you login into the the embedded store before? If not, this could perhaps be a firewall issue? If the connection is being blocked by firewall, no matter what you type into the login box, it would never succeed. It doesn't hurt checking that.

Bwldrd

Admirable
Got it, tried it, and already see a control that need added to it, lol. First material I tried with it was the RDNA Lucrezia & "shades of" from semediu(spelling?). And right off the bat I can see you need to add a control for the ambient value as it was set to 1 by the original material, and stayed at 1 after running through SkinEdit, which rendered my figure all glowy white in superfly. :)

She did come out looking good though, after I tuned down all the ambient by hand.

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Got it, tried it, and already see a control that need added to it, lol. First material I tried with it was the RDNA Lucrezia & "shades of" from semediu(spelling?). And right off the bat I can see you need to add a control for the ambient value as it was set to 1 by the original material, and stayed at 1 after running through SkinEdit, which rendered my figure all glowy white in superfly. :)

She did come out looking good though, after I tuned down all the ambient by hand.

What if I just automatically set it to zero?

Bwldrd

Admirable
Having it controllable would be nice, but setting it to 0 should be fine also. And a lot easier to code I would imagine. :D

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Updated SkinEdit P12 to version 1.0.31, where it now removes stray ambient value and color automatically. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
M4 after a a run through SkinEdit.

M4 Base HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
I have a zillion V4 materials that used to be unusable in Superfly, that now can fixed with just a few clicks. ^____^

You and me both Ken. Not so much with M4, but tons of V4 characters.

Same here, it is just that I use M4 much more than V4 these days so I did M4 first, but one of the reasons for buying the script was to use on my V4 characters and some of the early Dawn ones.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Here's V4 with full FF materials fixed out in a few clicks, and then rendered in Superfly. The original was rendering like a glowing alien, so it's a great timesaver. ^___^

V4.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you very much for the update. Off to play in poser now. :)

You're very welcome! Remember to remove the previous version before updating. If you have my Scripts Manager, just CTRL+click the script to uninstall it. :)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Still waiting for it to appear in the store again. I'm envious of those that got it already!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Looks interesting so far, but I disagree about those last two images, the original skin looks much better IMO. Also, one of my pet peeves: Lips aren't naturally glossy, that requires makeup :cool:
I agree lips aren't naturally glossy but I know I will apply a gloss as protections for my lips from the wind as I get chapped lips. It could be that look. Just a thought.

Well done Ken! This was one of my peeves in Poser about setting up materials. Shame it's only for Poser 12 as I only have Poser 11.