• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dusk Renders, And Now The New Dusk SE!!

Me195

Extraordinary
Ha, that's awesome.

Oh the power of one mesh.

Thank you. I've said it before, but I really appreciate it all being made from one mesh. Thanks Celebrimbor I mean Chris.

Great conversion but that outfit on Dusk.........let's just say it looks a lot better on Dawn. Dusk needs his own outfit, sharing Dawns may get him into all sorts of trouble.

Thank you. I agree, in my opinion it does look better on Dawn. I chose the one that the aesthetics were designed to compliment the typical female form the most on purpose. The first reason was to be funny. I figured of the three that one would be the one that most people would least likely to expect to be converted to Dusk. The second was technical. I wanted to see where the mesh would be the most distorted from the conversion. Since they are the same mesh the distortion is going to be minimal, and that outfit will make it stand out. I fully plan to make clothing for Dawn and Dusk. This will help me decide how to model unisex clothing like medieval style armor. A few extra normals here and there and I'll only have to model the outfit once. Still all that being said it's good for Dusk to have options.:p
Scifi joke 4.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The other one was funny but I think this darker one looks great on Dusk, almost like it was built for him instead of a female form. The other red one would be interesting to see but I don't think it would be as good as the dark one.

Hornet3d

Wise
Thank you. I've said it before, but I really appreciate it all being made from one mesh. Thanks Celebrimbor I mean Chris.

Thank you. I agree, in my opinion it does look better on Dawn. I chose the one that the aesthetics were designed to compliment the typical female form the most on purpose. The first reason was to be funny. I figured of the three that one would be the one that most people would least likely to expect to be converted to Dusk. The second was technical. I wanted to see where the mesh would be the most distorted from the conversion. Since they are the same mesh the distortion is going to be minimal, and that outfit will make it stand out. I fully plan to make clothing for Dawn and Dusk. This will help me decide how to model unisex clothing like medieval style armor. A few extra normals here and there and I'll only have to model the outfit once. Still all that being said it's good for Dusk to have options.:p
View attachment 38217

Oh, it was funny alright. I am with Rea134 the dark one works well.

Me195

Extraordinary
The other one was funny but I think this darker one looks great on Dusk, almost like it was built for him instead of a female form. The other red one would be interesting to see but I don't think it would be as good as the dark one.

That one is the one I had high hopes for. I'm glad that it turned out so well. I am still in the process of converting the last one. It has a lot of parts to it so it's taking a bit longer to convert. I really like that one too so I have my fingers crossed that it will come out looking good on Dusk like the cyber suit does.

Oh, it was funny alright. I am with Rea134 the dark one works well.

I definitely agree. The Cyber suit (the dark one) turned out very well, and I will definitely be using it in some sci fi renders. I'm hoping the CKV-01 will turn out to look as good on dusk as the cyber suit does, but we'll see.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Worked all afternoon to create a Dusk Policeman... this is the M4 "real life hero" police outfit (for poser) from DAZ, X-dressed...for the shoes, I had to bring the 'set' of shoes in, make one invisible, place and parent it...repeat for the other shoe (after making the feet invisible, of course). Rodrigo, cause he has hair (tho I think I have another skin that has hair in my Tempestia skins...which will give me a different person...

ALL this 'cause I just finished watching CASTLE...and wanted to create that gorgeous Stana Katic (and did) Dawn with her powder blue pants suit when she became Captian.... I made a file folder of papers for her to hold (she was always holding files!) and so I needed some cops ...the TIE did not need to be crossdressed...and will work well for the detective look that I will also make Dusk into...prolly with Ken1171's clothes...

I'm also in the middle of doing an image with Dawn and THREE dogs using the new coat color set I have been beta testing (which is done but for doing those pesky promos, thumbs, etc.)

ANYWAY....
DuskPoliceMan.jpg

I did go on the web and find better arm patches and a badge photo to put on the shirt...it's a pretty old set, but well made. It sub-divides fine!!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
NathanFillion.jpg

I have been dialing for hours (with ALL my Dusk inj's !) but just can't
get his crinkles and lines and round chin... @Chris - could you just do MORPHS
that don't need re-rigging to add some facial shapes for Dusk? He's still a bit,
dare I say, limited?
This is as close as I can get yet:
DuskNathan.jpg

He definitely needs aging...but still, wish for that chin...and some more face shaping...
(I know your working on the Dawn set, any news on that being ready for us?)
Hair is 3Dream's Alexios hair (still working on fitting it)
this is Dusk SE skin...I should prolly look through my skins for some others...