Show Us Your Dusk Renders, And Now The New Dusk SE!!

Discussion in 'It's About the Art!' started by HiveWire3D, Nov 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

Might be the kind of trouble he's looking for.

Hornet3d and Pendraia like this.
  2. Me195

Me195 Extraordinary

Thank you. I've said it before, but I really appreciate it all being made from one mesh. Thanks Celebrimbor I mean Chris.

Thank you. I agree, in my opinion it does look better on Dawn. I chose the one that the aesthetics were designed to compliment the typical female form the most on purpose. The first reason was to be funny. I figured of the three that one would be the one that most people would least likely to expect to be converted to Dusk. The second was technical. I wanted to see where the mesh would be the most distorted from the conversion. Since they are the same mesh the distortion is going to be minimal, and that outfit will make it stand out. I fully plan to make clothing for Dawn and Dusk. This will help me decide how to model unisex clothing like medieval style armor. A few extra normals here and there and I'll only have to model the outfit once. Still all that being said it's good for Dusk to have options.:p
    Scifi joke 4.jpg

3. Rae134

Rae134 Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

The other one was funny but I think this darker one looks great on Dusk, almost like it was built for him instead of a female form. The other red one would be interesting to see but I don't think it would be as good as the dark one.

Dakorillon (IMArts), Me195 and Chris like this.
  4. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

That is very true, while one man's meat is another man's poison another man's trouble could be another man's passion.

Dakorillon (IMArts), Me195 and Chris like this.
  5. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

Oh, it was funny alright. I am with Rea134 the dark one works well.

Me195 likes this.
  6. Chris

Celebrimbor... good one.

Ha!

Me195 likes this.
  7. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

I actually had to look that one up, but I have to agree . . . a good one. ;)

Me195 likes this.
  8. Me195

Me195 Extraordinary

That one is the one I had high hopes for. I'm glad that it turned out so well. I am still in the process of converting the last one. It has a lot of parts to it so it's taking a bit longer to convert. I really like that one too so I have my fingers crossed that it will come out looking good on Dusk like the cyber suit does.

I definitely agree. The Cyber suit (the dark one) turned out very well, and I will definitely be using it in some sci fi renders. I'm hoping the CKV-01 will turn out to look as good on dusk as the cyber suit does, but we'll see.

Rae134 likes this.
  9. Lyne

Lyne Dances with Bees HW Honey Bear

10. Chris

Lyne. This is a gem of an image. Beautiful complete scene. Great stuff.

11. mininessie

mininessie Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

12. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

Lovely render. I would try that with my dog but as a Lurcher he loves to show off his speed and he would leave me in the dust in the first few yards.

13. mininessie

14. mininessie

Playing in the light

[​IMG]

15. Lyne

Worked all afternoon to create a Dusk Policeman... this is the M4 "real life hero" police outfit (for poser) from DAZ, X-dressed...for the shoes, I had to bring the 'set' of shoes in, make one invisible, place and parent it...repeat for the other shoe (after making the feet invisible, of course). Rodrigo, cause he has hair (tho I think I have another skin that has hair in my Tempestia skins...which will give me a different person...

ALL this 'cause I just finished watching CASTLE...and wanted to create that gorgeous Stana Katic (and did) Dawn with her powder blue pants suit when she became Captian.... I made a file folder of papers for her to hold (she was always holding files!) and so I needed some cops ...the TIE did not need to be crossdressed...and will work well for the detective look that I will also make Dusk into...prolly with Ken1171's clothes...

I'm also in the middle of doing an image with Dawn and THREE dogs using the new coat color set I have been beta testing (which is done but for doing those pesky promos, thumbs, etc.)

ANYWAY....
    DuskPoliceMan.jpg
    I did go on the web and find better arm patches and a badge photo to put on the shirt...it's a pretty old set, but well made. It sub-divides fine!!

Me195, Chris, Rae134 and 2 others like this.
  16. Lyne

NathanFillion.jpg
    I have been dialing for hours (with ALL my Dusk inj's !) but just can't
    get his crinkles and lines and round chin... @Chris - could you just do MORPHS
    that don't need re-rigging to add some facial shapes for Dusk? He's still a bit,
    dare I say, limited?
    This is as close as I can get yet:
    DuskNathan.jpg
    He definitely needs aging...but still, wish for that chin...and some more face shaping...
    (I know your working on the Dawn set, any news on that being ready for us?)
    Hair is 3Dream's Alexios hair (still working on fitting it)
    this is Dusk SE skin...I should prolly look through my skins for some others...

Bonnie2001, mininessie, Chris and 2 others like this.
  17. Lyne

18. mininessie

Nice work dear !

19. CWRW

CWRW Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

Ah! Another Firefly fan!

LOL out of curiosity, I dredged up this one I did way back in 2009, Never did finish it. I think I used the old David 3

Firefly509.jpg

Me195, Rae134, Pendraia and 2 others like this.
  20. Lyne

cool Laurie!!