Show Us Your Dusk Renders, And Now The New Dusk SE!!

Discussion in 'It's About the Art!' started by HiveWire3D, Nov 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Ohhhh very nice Laurie. D3 is probably the only generation 3 character I really liked, especially more than M3 with his ugly bulging shoulders.

2. Miss B

OK, haven't done/completed any Dusk renders in a while, but decided to pick up 2 the other day and finish them.

The first is our Vampire Dusk. I started this in P9, but never got around to adding a "scene" setup, so did that, added some new lighting, and this is what I came up with when rendered in PP11.

VampireDusk.jpg

This second one I was playing with in PP11 last year, but again, never set up a "scene" for it, so did that, changed the lighting and rendered. Presenting Ruckus The Monster.

RuckusTheMonster.jpg

Janet, Desertsilver, Me195 and 2 others like this.
  3. Faery_Light

Faery_Light Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

Okay, had to delete that one, made a mistake.
    This is a morph of my son using the older Dusk, still can't afford DuskSe.
    I love how well I can morph using just the dials.
    My daughter loves the outcome on this morph.|
    Daily Run.jpg

Janet, Me195, Rae134 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Miss B

Very nicely done FL. ;)

5. Faery_Light

I wish I could do a skull cap for Dusk with the shape of the hair shown here, and a beard one for the beard I have here.
    I'd use the hair room for more realistic hair.
    And having eyebrows for the hair room would be fantastic!

6. Glitterati3D

Glitterati3D Dances with Bees

Shared this one on the Poser forum, but wanted to post it here too. Faery_Light's Alaric 2. I just love the fine wrinkles and age spots FL added to this character!

Oh, and yeah, he's a cop on vacation who won't be tucking that gun in his waitband, doing backflips on the dance floor and trying to shoot the other customers! :)
    DuskAlaric.jpg

Chris, Bonnie2001, Lyne and 5 others like this.
  7. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Good for him!

I have to admit, wearing a gun while flipping all around on a dance floor just doesn't seem like the brightest of things to do. But then again, not everyone has the smarts to be a rocket scientist :wink:

8. Glitterati3D

Glitterati3D Dances with Bees

ROFL, I think that dancing cop in real life could be said to have below rocket science intelligence!

9. Miss B

:rofl::rofl::rofl: You guys had me laughing my head off on the SM Poser Forum, and now you've done it again!

10. Faery_Light

Here is a high quality Superfly render of the face for the last image I posted above.
    flDam0cles-07Sf .jpg

Chris, Bonnie2001, Janet and 2 others like this.
  11. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

I really like him FL (for me personally tho, his bottom lashes look too dark compared to the top ones?)

12. Faery_Light

Yes. that's the shadow causing it.
    They were supposed to come out slight;y reddish but look black.
    BTW: This is pretty much what my son looked like.

Rae134 likes this.
  13. Carey

Carey Extraordinary

14. Lyne

Lyne Dances with Bees HW Honey Bear

soooo I was going to use M4 for my Tarzan (based on the recent movie actor) BUT.... while I'm frustrated with the lack of facial morphs for Dusk, I realized once again that I HATE M4! That model is SO un-posable....I just couldn't get him to look natural for my "greeting of the lions" based on the scene in the same movie, where Tarzan returns to Africa and is greeted by the lionesses...and nuzzles them...SO I had to TT the skin for Eros for M4 to Dusk and then get the pose RIGHT with the Dusk GLORIOUS body parts and perfect bending ability to make it look right.... I mean...I guess if I was ONLY doing a portrait of an M4 character (boring to me) where he does not have to be posed at all, it'd be ok...but try a full body intricate pose like Tarzan down on the ground with his beloved lionesses....well...!! SO this one is taking a while, but I hope it will be as special as my previous lion art piece! :) (my kids are here this weekend to replace the walls and ceiling bits that my plumber had to remove to re-pipe my house!) So it's a bit busy and chaotic here...then too, my life is SO taken up with my darn aging health care chores, I get less time to do art...argh!! *frustration*...

Ultimately, I will just HAVE to be patient and wait for Chris to do for Dusk what he has (or still is?) doing for Dawn with the ethnic set...sigh... hey! @Chris... since Dusk is based on Dawn, could you sort of use some of the ethnic face morphs on/in him??

15. Me195

Me195 Extraordinary

Dusktor Manhattan
    Dusk Manhattan.jpg

Carey, jonrea, Bonnie2001 and 2 others like this.
  16. Bonnie2001

Bonnie2001 Extraordinary

If I was working on that project I would take him into ZBrush and shape the chin as a morph for Poser/DAZ, and do the wrinkles and lines as a new Normal map.

17. Me195

Me195 Extraordinary

18. Miss B

Ohhhh, you should've saved that for Halloween. ;)

Me195 likes this.
  19. Me195

Me195 Extraordinary

Probably, but I hope to be able to make better things by then.

20. Miss B

Fair enough. :)

Me195 likes this.