• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dusk Renders, And Now The New Dusk SE!!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh very nice Laurie. D3 is probably the only generation 3 character I really liked, especially more than M3 with his ugly bulging shoulders.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, haven't done/completed any Dusk renders in a while, but decided to pick up 2 the other day and finish them.

The first is our Vampire Dusk. I started this in P9, but never got around to adding a "scene" setup, so did that, added some new lighting, and this is what I came up with when rendered in PP11.

VampireDusk.jpg

This second one I was playing with in PP11 last year, but again, never set up a "scene" for it, so did that, changed the lighting and rendered. Presenting Ruckus The Monster.

RuckusTheMonster.jpg

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I wish I could do a skull cap for Dusk with the shape of the hair shown here, and a beard one for the beard I have here.
I'd use the hair room for more realistic hair.
And having eyebrows for the hair room would be fantastic!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Shared this one on the Poser forum, but wanted to post it here too. Faery_Light's Alaric 2. I just love the fine wrinkles and age spots FL added to this character!

Oh, and yeah, he's a cop on vacation who won't be tucking that gun in his waitband, doing backflips on the dance floor and trying to shoot the other customers! :)
DuskAlaric.jpg

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Good for him!

I have to admit, wearing a gun while flipping all around on a dance floor just doesn't seem like the brightest of things to do. But then again, not everyone has the smarts to be a rocket scientist :wink:

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Good for him!

I have to admit, wearing a gun while flipping all around on a dance floor just doesn't seem like the brightest of things to do. But then again, not everyone has the smarts to be a rocket scientist :wink:

ROFL, I think that dancing cop in real life could be said to have below rocket science intelligence!

Miss B

CV-BEE
:rofl::rofl::rofl: You guys had me laughing my head off on the SM Poser Forum, and now you've done it again!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I really like him FL (for me personally tho, his bottom lashes look too dark compared to the top ones?)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yes. that's the shadow causing it.
They were supposed to come out slight;y reddish but look black.
BTW: This is pretty much what my son looked like.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
soooo I was going to use M4 for my Tarzan (based on the recent movie actor) BUT.... while I'm frustrated with the lack of facial morphs for Dusk, I realized once again that I HATE M4! That model is SO un-posable....I just couldn't get him to look natural for my "greeting of the lions" based on the scene in the same movie, where Tarzan returns to Africa and is greeted by the lionesses...and nuzzles them...SO I had to TT the skin for Eros for M4 to Dusk and then get the pose RIGHT with the Dusk GLORIOUS body parts and perfect bending ability to make it look right.... I mean...I guess if I was ONLY doing a portrait of an M4 character (boring to me) where he does not have to be posed at all, it'd be ok...but try a full body intricate pose like Tarzan down on the ground with his beloved lionesses....well...!! SO this one is taking a while, but I hope it will be as special as my previous lion art piece! :) (my kids are here this weekend to replace the walls and ceiling bits that my plumber had to remove to re-pipe my house!) So it's a bit busy and chaotic here...then too, my life is SO taken up with my darn aging health care chores, I get less time to do art...argh!! *frustration*...

Ultimately, I will just HAVE to be patient and wait for Chris to do for Dusk what he has (or still is?) doing for Dawn with the ethnic set...sigh... hey! @Chris... since Dusk is based on Dawn, could you sort of use some of the ethnic face morphs on/in him??

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
View attachment 39322
I have been dialing for hours (with ALL my Dusk inj's !) but just can't
get his crinkles and lines and round chin... @Chris - could you just do MORPHS
that don't need re-rigging to add some facial shapes for Dusk? He's still a bit,
dare I say, limited?
This is as close as I can get yet:
View attachment 39323
He definitely needs aging...but still, wish for that chin...and some more face shaping...
(I know your working on the Dawn set, any news on that being ready for us?)
Hair is 3Dream's Alexios hair (still working on fitting it)
this is Dusk SE skin...I should prolly look through my skins for some others...

If I was working on that project I would take him into ZBrush and shape the chin as a morph for Poser/DAZ, and do the wrinkles and lines as a new Normal map.