• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Thank you. That is a great character you've made. The asymmetrical appearance was a good call. It makes for a great natural look. I wish I would have purchased it sooner.

Thanks! That's a personal pet peeve of mine about 3D in general - the figures are too perfect, making them a dead giveaway as 3D.

Hornet3d

Wise
:laugh:True, unless ordinarily you never where shoes at all:barefoot:.

I thought the same thing at first but then thought it could still be true as, if you are used to being barefoot, you maybe more likely to stumble in flip-flops. Not that I am an expert and I am not going to try it out:).

Daniel Hicks(OganicPic)

Eager
Contributing Artist
The body shape-1 and narrow shoulders me like. Three-Girls3-B-WR.jpg

Me195

Extraordinary
I thought the same thing at first but then thought it could still be true as, if you are used to being barefoot, you maybe more likely to stumble in flip-flops. Not that I am an expert and I am not going to try it out:).

As a kid I never wore shoes except to school. That included many treks deep into the woods. Occasionally there would be some terrain little too rough for bare feet, so I used to carry along some flip flops. I still had to be careful with the flip flops though because the front part can pick up rocks and sticks. Also even with a sturdy pair you have to be careful that you don't rip the top part out while you're climbing. I always found wearing shoes or boots would make balance more difficult because I wasn't used to them on such uneven terrain. Now that I'm a little older I don't have monster calluses on my feet, and I've been domesticated somewhat I wear shoes all the time. I never go hiking anymore without a good pair of hiking shoes or boots. I think if I tried to go barefoot or with flip flops now I'd probably roll my ankle. Probably a good idea not to try it out.:)

Me195

Extraordinary
This is a portrait of my Aurore for Dawn character.
I am updating the mat files to add a little color to her skin.
Rendered in Poser 11 Pro at a high setting in Firefly.
I also fiddled with the material settings for the hair trying to get a better look on it.

View attachment 38136

Very nice job. I really like the detail on the skin.

Excellent render. I love your centaur characters. They are all so unique.

Get ready for tsundere angel - she is abusive, but she loves you. LOL

Figure is Dawn +Body Type-1 + Narrow Shoulders with AnimeDoll head. Laced Sundress + Shoes, Diamond Dress stockings, and wings by me. Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

View attachment 38334
I'm no anime aficionado, but I do watch them from time to time. I've seen enough of them to know you did a fantastic job.

The body shape-1 and narrow shoulders me like.View attachment 38356

That is a great character as well as great poses.

Hornet3d

Wise
As a kid I never wore shoes except to school. That included many treks deep into the woods. Occasionally there would be some terrain little too rough for bare feet, so I used to carry along some flip flops. I still had to be careful with the flip flops though because the front part can pick up rocks and sticks. Also even with a sturdy pair you have to be careful that you don't rip the top part out while you're climbing. I always found wearing shoes or boots would make balance more difficult because I wasn't used to them on such uneven terrain. Now that I'm a little older I don't have monster calluses on my feet, and I've been domesticated somewhat I wear shoes all the time. I never go hiking anymore without a good pair of hiking shoes or boots. I think if I tried to go barefoot or with flip flops now I'd probably roll my ankle. Probably a good idea not to try it out.:)

I have been a wimp since birth so no barefoot for me, well at least not outdoors. Sadly, with my diabetes, barefoot anything, with the exception of sleeping is a definite No No.

Me195

Extraordinary
Love this one, she is clearly having fun, the lighting is great and the bike looks the business.

Thank you very much.

I have been a wimp since birth so no barefoot for me, well at least not outdoors. Sadly, with my diabetes, barefoot anything, with the exception of sleeping is a definite No No.

I know you're using the term metaphorically, but I don't see it as wimpy deciding not to invest time in hardening your feet. There is a difference between tough and durable. It's a lot harder for a person to admit they are wrong than it is to break a log in half with your bare feet. I'm sorry to hear that you have diabetes. I know what a pain that can be. Wait you're not supposed to go around barefoot when you have diabetes? Doh:oops:

WIP

Very nice start. There is excellent detail for such a dark scene. I'll definitely be taking notes on this one.

Thanks! A lot of people think Anime is about the celshading, when in reality it's about the art style. :)

You're welcome. Very true. It even has art styles within art styles.

Wow, great scene! Love the materials! ^^

Thank you.

Hornet3d

Wise
Thank you very much.

....... I'm sorry to hear that you have diabetes. I know what a pain that can be. Wait you're not supposed to go around barefoot when you have diabetes? Doh:oops:

I have had diabetes for some years now so I guess I am used to it, as much as you get used to an illness anyway. One of the side effects of diabetes is damage to done both to circulation and nerves and the resulting loss of feeling. The other factor with loss of circulation is that any cuts and abrasions refuse to heal. There have been cases where diabetes sufferers have cut their feet when barefoot and not realised that they have done so. If not treated, in extremes, it can mean loss of a foot or worse. Happily I still have the sense of feelings in my feet but I still do not walk around barefoot. You are also meant to remain very active which sounds OK but that also becomes more difficult with age, it's a hard life but it still beats the alternative by a long way:).

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
One of the main reasons I'm at the gym regularly. My poor arthritic knees have been thanking me for it the past 12 1/2 years.

Me195

Extraordinary
I have had diabetes for some years now so I guess I am used to it, as much as you get used to an illness anyway. One of the side effects of diabetes is damage to done both to circulation and nerves and the resulting loss of feeling. The other factor with loss of circulation is that any cuts and abrasions refuse to heal. There have been cases where diabetes sufferers have cut their feet when barefoot and not realised that they have done so. If not treated, in extremes, it can mean loss of a foot or worse. Happily I still have the sense of feelings in my feet but I still do not walk around barefoot. You are also meant to remain very active which sounds OK but that also becomes more difficult with age, it's a hard life but it still beats the alternative by a long way:).

I have type 1 diabetes. It went undiagnosed until I was in my early 30's. That's when I figured something was up because I was drinking a ridiculous amount of water and my feet were going numb. I guess I should stop going barefoot around the house. I'm still fairly young so I don't usually have problems staying active. Although there are other factors that make it increasingly more difficult as time goes on. Still you are 100% correct it does beat the alternative:).

Hornet3d

Wise
I have type 1 diabetes. It went undiagnosed until I was in my early 30's. That's when I figured something was up because I was drinking a ridiculous amount of water and my feet were going numb. I guess I should stop going barefoot around the house. I'm still fairly young so I don't usually have problems staying active. Although there are other factors that make it increasingly more difficult as time goes on. Still you are 100% correct it does beat the alternative:).

Sorry to hear you have type 1 diabetes, I know the impact that type 2 has on my life so I have some comprehension what it must mean and I am well aware that type 1 has more impact. I was diagnosed in my late forties, which is common for type 2, and it was only discovered after I was taken to hospital with chest pains during a brief working visit to Australia. I was surprised at the time but on my return to the UK discovered there is a family history of diabetes on my mother's side. I have never been a fast food junkie which added to my surprise but in Australia I was told it was more likely to be my lifestyle, missing meals due to high workload and irregular meal times due in part to my International travel. It is a theory that does not seem to be supported by the health professionals in the UK but they do share the Australian health teams concern about those who have the illness but have not been diagnosed. There is a lot they can do to control diabetes these days but those not diagnosed are going to have the full complications of diabetes if not treated.