• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
This is a portrait of my Aurore for Dawn character.
I am updating the mat files to add a little color to her skin.
Rendered in Poser 11 Pro at a high setting in Firefly.
I also fiddled with the material settings for the hair trying to get a better look on it.

Aurore Portrait-01a.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
There are people who believe Dawn only works in Poser - actually I have found a LOT of people who did, and were surprised to know there are 2 separate versions. Some people even refer to Dawn as the "Poser figure", as if something created by SMS. There were also a few who believed Dawn was a DS-only figure. There is a lot of confusion, which I believe has originated from misinformation widespread by some forums out there by the time the original Dawn was released.

This probably explains why the major Poser forums only consider Pauline or PE as "viable" options when somebody ask. A LOT of people strongly believe Dawn is not usable because of what they've heard in some forums. The great majority of them have never been here, or gave Dawn a try to know for themselves. They were discouraged to try based on strong opinions spread across some forums. It's easy to fool people who have never tried to play with the figure in the first place. Most of this has happened when Dawn was still new in the market, and people didn't know what to think of her. Since then, people simply keep repeating these biased opinions against Dawn as if it were their own idea. The typical herd behavior has played a major role in all this.

I still find people utterly baffled when I show them what I do with Dawn, because this goes against everything they have heard about the figure until now.

I knew this was all true for Dawn in Poser but I have to say I am surprised to read that the same ill informed bias exists against Dawn in DS but then I guess this because Dawn provides competition for the range of DS figures which a few would hate. I guess this surprise is down to my living in the Hivewire bubble as I don't visit other forums, with the exception of the SM forum, and even that has only been in recent months. I just found that some other forums were just not worth the hassle and now never go there. Much as I like Dawn I have never tried to force or suggest that everyone should use Dawn but I have tried to show the figure in a good light so others can judge for themselves. I guess what saddens me the most is those that have not bothered to try as they may be missing so much, if they have tried Dawn and it is not a figure for them then so be it but to risk missing so much by just following the herd is sad.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
True, especially if you believe that the definition of fake news is just fact that you happen not to like.

What bothers me the most is that I have played with Pauline and PE, and even created clothing for both of them, and from that experience I've realized that Dawn is a better figure than those. Pauline has design flaws that were imposed by the way SMS believes things should be, like not having a separate MAT zone for lips (and other parts) because they believe that using masks is way better than MAT zones. Well, maybe so in other programs, but not in the Poser culture. As for PE, she poses well, but at the cost of using too many JCMs that make conforming clothes a nightmare to create. This is why most of her clothing is dynamic. And here again, dynamic is not for everyone.

In comparison, Dawn has all of the MAT zones I expect from a Poser/DS point of view, and just a couple of JCMs. Of course, there are more reasons, but I just wanted to illustrate so people don't think I am saying this out of prejudice. If I were against Pauline and PE, I wouldn't had supported them both at release.

From a practical point of view, Dawn is easier and more pleasant to use and create contents for than the other two. This is what all these people are missing.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I love working with Dawn in Poser and DS, my next favorite female model is Antonia Polygon.
My two favorite male models are Dusk and Apollo Maximus.
Dusk also has Poser and DAZ versions, not sure if Apollo does as I've never tried him there.

Both bend and pose better than most figures I've tried and both have Poser and DAZ versions.
Mostly I work with Dawn and Dusk now, and only occasionally V4 and M4.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Get ready for tsundere angel - she is abusive, but she loves you. LOL

Figure is Dawn +Body Type-1 + Narrow Shoulders with AnimeDoll head. Laced Sundress + Shoes, Diamond Dress stockings, and wings by me. Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

TsundereAngel_1024.jpg