• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

LadyNightVamp

Inspired
A new picture with Willow for Dawn :)

The bride

the-bride-mai18.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Well with my room redecoration all but finished and my garden jobs put on hold due to endless rainfall, there was time for a brief visit back to Poser.

This is the final hairstyle I have decided to go with, my aim was to find some styles I could move to and from and still be believable in the sense of what was possible with the shortish hair. This is an old favorite by Ali which is HR-169.

NCB HR-169 Red HW.jpg

So the line up now is these four. The bottom left, Uranus Hair, will need a little more volume on the top but otherwise I think it will work.

NCB Hair collection HW.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Well with my room redecoration all but finished and my garden jobs put on hold due to endless rainfall, there was time for a brief visit back to Poser.

This is the final hairstyle I have decided to go with, my aim was to find some styles I could move to and from and still be believable in the sense of what was possible with the shortish hair. This is an old favorite by Ali which is HR-169.

View attachment 38059

So the line up now is these four. The bottom left, Uranus Hair, will need a little more volume on the top but otherwise I think it will work.

View attachment 38060

Cool, I really like the bottom left hairstyle. Nice work.

Hornet3d

Wise
Cool, I really like the bottom left hairstyle. Nice work.

Thank you, there is nothing like praise from the master himself to spur you on. Dawn is such a great creation that I am trying hard to get Dawn content rendered to an equivalent level. With the hair shader from Bagginsbill and outfits like CKV-01 for Dawn from Ken1171 Designs - Volpe Box, I can at least push the boundaries a little further. Of course superfly is also a great step forward.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thank you, there is nothing like praise from the master himself to spur you on. Dawn is such a great creation that I am trying hard to get Dawn content rendered to an equivalent level. With the hair shader from Bagginsbill and outfits like CKV-01 for Dawn from Ken1171 Designs - Volpe Box, I can at least push the boundaries a little further. Of course superfly is also a great step forward.

You've been a great supporter of our Dawn. We appreciate all that you do to advance her, with every image that you post, and the improvements that you make on your unique look of her.

As to your kind comment, much thanks, but I'm truly a master of none. But that Dawn, yes she has great potential.

Hornet3d

Wise
You've been a great supporter of our Dawn. We appreciate all that you do to advance her, with every image that you post, and the improvements that you make on your unique look of her.

As to your kind comment, much thanks, but I'm truly a master of none. But that Dawn, yes she has great potential.

It is not only easy to support such a superb figure but a delight. Most of the time I have great fun using Dawn and the odd time I don't it is usually down to either my skill limitations or my computer playing up.

Well you are a master in my eyes, not only because of the great Hivewire family you have created in digital form but also in reality here at Hivewire. I know that you have not done this alone but I hope you and the rest of the team understand the joy you have given many thousands of artists and continue to do so. Long may it continue as it is a rare beacon of light in a world that can seem so dark at times.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Well you are a master in my eyes, not only because of the great Hivewire family you have created in digital form but also in reality here at Hivewire.

A while ago there was someone asking for a "decent Poser figure" at the SMS forums, and people promptly offered Pauline and PE. I have recommended Dawn. After some controversy, I have posted one of the "Body Type-2" promo renders over there, and that was the end of discussion. When they asked where was this figure, I have pointed them to HW. If given the chance, Dawn can easily defeat any of the prejudice spread by the other guys. When we show the end results, it requires no explanation.

Hornet3d

Wise
A while ago there was someone asking for a "decent Poser figure" at the SMS forums, and people promptly offered Pauline and PE. I have recommended Dawn. After some controversy, I have posted one of the "Body Type-2" promo renders over there, and that was the end of discussion. When they asked where was this figure, I have pointed them to HW. If given the chance, Dawn can easily defeat any of the prejudice spread by the other guys. When we show the end results, it requires no explanation.

Agreed but it takes people like you with the skill set to show not only that Dawn works in Poser but also what amazing potential the figure has.

Hornet3d

Wise
Let's not take for granted that Dawn also works natively in DS. Try that with Pauline or PE. There is more to Dawn than what meets the eye.

Of course but I don't think anyone claimed she did not work in DS, but then I do not follow the DS forums so I could have missed it. There is still the myth in some parts the Dawn does not work in Poser.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Let's not take for granted that Dawn also works natively in DS. Try that with Pauline or PE. There is more to Dawn than what meets the eye.
There are 2 versions of Dawn, one for Poser, and one for DS, so why would anyone not assume she works natively in DS? DS users don't use the Poser version of Dawn in their software.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Of course but I don't think anyone claimed she did not work in DS, but then I do not follow the DS forums so I could have missed it. There is still the myth in some parts the Dawn does not work in Poser.

There are 2 versions of Dawn, one for Poser, and one for DS, so why would anyone not assume she works natively in DS? DS users don't use the Poser version of Dawn in their software.

There are people who believe Dawn only works in Poser - actually I have found a LOT of people who did, and were surprised to know there are 2 separate versions. Some people even refer to Dawn as the "Poser figure", as if something created by SMS. There were also a few who believed Dawn was a DS-only figure. There is a lot of confusion, which I believe has originated from misinformation widespread by some forums out there by the time the original Dawn was released.

This probably explains why the major Poser forums only consider Pauline or PE as "viable" options when somebody ask. A LOT of people strongly believe Dawn is not usable because of what they've heard in some forums. The great majority of them have never been here, or gave Dawn a try to know for themselves. They were discouraged to try based on strong opinions spread across some forums. It's easy to fool people who have never tried to play with the figure in the first place. Most of this has happened when Dawn was still new in the market, and people didn't know what to think of her. Since then, people simply keep repeating these biased opinions against Dawn as if it were their own idea. The typical herd behavior has played a major role in all this.

I still find people utterly baffled when I show them what I do with Dawn, because this goes against everything they have heard about the figure until now.