• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Never knew this was going to be so difficult, because of the surface it is hard to get a good photo of this banner without reflections, even bounced flash has problems. Anyway this should give you some idea of what the banner looks like.

View attachment 36611

The wardrobe door (and teddy bear) gives you an idea of size on the left shot and the room height in the far right. The middle shot shows how the highlights in the eye have been reproduced.

Loving this. Well done.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
So here is my render. Okay... 890 small renders strung together. The power of Dawn and one mesh is amazing really. At least to me it is.

Remember when I posted one of these, showing Dawn morphing into Baby Luna, then to Dusk, and then back to Dawn - people asked me WHY would anyone want to do that? Why do I have to explain the awesomeness of being able to do that? They just don't get it, do they?

Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Remember when I posted one of these, showing Dawn morphing into Baby Luna, then to Dusk, and then back to Dawn - people asked me WHY would anyone want to do that? Why do I have to explain the awesomeness of being able to do that? They just don't get it, do they?
I know right? Besides being able to share textures which I think is neat (and clothes with autofit). I think it would be cool to do a small animation from a little girl or boy morphing into an adult and maybe (if I could work out how to do it) have the sky go from dawn to dusk as a nod to aging.

Hornet3d

Wise
I think that was "tongue-in-check" Rokket as I'm sure Hornet uses Poser and his main character is created from Dawn :)

I own up, I was having fun and it was said very much tongue in cheek. I only use Poser and as you say my character is based on Dawn, it was a sort of dig at other forums where it has been stated often in the past (and maybe still is) that Dawn does not work in Poser, usually by those who have a very anti poser stance or have other hidden agendas. I would not have dared post it elsewhere but I surmised that most people here would already know and those that didn't would forgive me for being in a devilish mood.

Hornet3d

Wise
You guys wouldn't believe the number of people who said that on the web, and actually believe Dawn was DS-only. That's one of the side effects of taking the word of others and never checking things for themselves.

Sad fact is that many are also missing out on so much because they either believe or cannot be bothered to find out for themselves, after all you do not have to look very far to see some great renders of Dawn produced in both DS and Poser.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Love your support folks. It seriously means a great deal to me, actually to all the HiveWire team.

There is just so much that can be done with this "Dawn" mesh. The same can be said for the Big Cat mesh, and the Harry mesh.

I'd like to show animals from the Harry mesh next.

Hornet3d

Wise
Every two to three years I tend to either change or update the character I use and my present character first saw the light of day in 2015 so it should be time for an update but lately I have been trying to understand superfly and using domes for lighting. With this in mind I decided rather than an update it might be an idea to do a little refinement instead and try and do this along side improving my knowledge of superfly.

I posted an image on the SM forums a few days ago, during a discussion in photo realistic renders, and while this is not my aim ago I invited comments and happily the people there were more than prepared to wade in. 'The nostrils are painted black, the eyes are too white, the skin is too shiny, the head posture is wrong and the image does not match the background and looks pasted on'. With feedback like this I decided to attempt refine my character in these and the use of domes for lighting rather than a doing major update.

So here is where I am at, the face map has been changed to improve the lower part of the nose, the white in the eyes has been toned down and the head posture changed. I have toned down the reflection of the skin particularly around the neck.

Finally I have attempted to get a better balance between the background and the figure. The only lighting is from the dome but in the original there is a contrast difference between the background and the image with the background being lower, more subtle. I am using an Ezdome so what I have tried to do is boost the texture strength of the inner dome while leaving the outer dome ambient set at 1. I am not convinced I am there but this is certainly think it to be an improvement on the original.

Country Walk updated HW.jpg