• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Hornet3d

Wise
I change the size of the pupil quite often, how and by how much depends on the expression or the scene. In real life the pupil changes subject to light, medication and other drugs. In addition there is an involuntary reflex reaction such as that triggered when we are attracted to someone else.

Hornet3d

Wise
Computer problems almost sorted all I have left is to move some data around and then revise my backup routines.

So time to take a break and make sure Poser works, so here is Dawn also having a break.

Dance HW.jpg

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So ... given I don't wear dresses, don't wear stockings, and don't wear shoes with any kind of heel ... I actually like the combination of those stockings and pink shoes :wink: I don't think the pattern on the dress and the pattern on the stockings are all that obnoxious either, though I think a smaller pattern on the stockings or a larger pattern on the dress would work better.

Then too ... I prefer solid colors over patterns, so I'm REALLY not one to make any kind of comments on how she's dressed. Or the color of her hair :wink:

I mean seriously, if you're brave enough to have purple hair, you're more than brave enough to wear any kind of patterned stocking with any color of shoe and any kind of patterned dress! She's got a unique sense of style that one can only applaud.

She's a great character. Great job on converting Amelia from DS to Poser. You're far more dedicated than me!!!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I almost always enlarge the eye, iris, and pupil ... as well as the head, hands, and feet.

Pshaw to realistic humans in art! It's far more fun to create humans according to the designs in my head :D

I am the Creator of All Things Not Quite Real!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
So ... given I don't wear dresses, don't wear stockings, and don't wear shoes with any kind of heel ... I actually like the combination of those stockings and pink shoes :wink: I don't think the pattern on the dress and the pattern on the stockings are all that obnoxious either, though I think a smaller pattern on the stockings or a larger pattern on the dress would work better.

Then too ... I prefer solid colors over patterns, so I'm REALLY not one to make any kind of comments on how she's dressed. Or the color of her hair :wink:

I mean seriously, if you're brave enough to have purple hair, you're more than brave enough to wear any kind of patterned stocking with any color of shoe and any kind of patterned dress! She's got a unique sense of style that one can only applaud.

She's a great character. Great job on converting Amelia from DS to Poser. You're far more dedicated than me!!!

Stockings are something that [unfortunately] ended up being replaced by pantyhose, so I suppose nobody wears them anymore, as well as the garter belt they require. BTW, those are the stockings from my Diamond Dress, and it provides both solid and patterned options. It's good to have options. :)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Stockings are have been experiencing a comeback over the last few years. Pantyhose has earned a bad reputation given they tend to encourage UTIs. I never found them to be all that comfortable either. Worse ... they last about as long as a fruit fly lives. If that.

When I have to wear a dress (which hasn't been for about a decade now), I'll wear tights than pantyhose. Not that they are all that much more comfortable either. But they do tend to last longer than a fruit fly lives.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I like the patterned stockings with the pink shoes. I also agree that unfortunately panty hose has taken over. At least in real life. I guess I'm just old fashioned or just old.

However, the portrait is another Ken-esque success!

quietrob

Extraordinary
Computer problems almost sorted all I have left is to move some data around and then revise my backup routines.

So time to take a break and make sure Poser works, so here is Dawn also having a break.

View attachment 36486
Excellent creation! I think that is a real gym behind her and I like her second skin. I love second skins in general as it takes up so much less memory which allows you to put more stuff into the creation itself. This is one is cool because of that second skin and the action. Life is fluid and it's fun to capture that moment in time.

Hornet3d

Wise
Excellent creation! I think that is a real gym behind her and I like her second skin. I love second skins in general as it takes up so much less memory which allows you to put more stuff into the creation itself. This is one is cool because of that second skin and the action. Life is fluid and it's fun to capture that moment in time.

One again thank you for your comment and support I am so grateful.

The gym is a scene from Imaginary_House called dance studio but I changed the mirror texture to one from Essentials Vol. IV-Glass&Mirror by fabiana. I changed the reflectivity on the glass to get a reflection of outside in the mirror. The second skin is one from Contortionist Poses and Second Skins for Dawn by Lully and the pose is from Dance Till Dawn by ilona.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Stockings are have been experiencing a comeback over the last few years.

That would be great news for the appreciators! The only place I saw them was in "special occasion" stores, and overpriced since they are rare. My wife occasionally drags me to women's clothing stores, so I take my time to look for designs and ideas. Pantyhose is everywhere, but stockings, only in "specialized" stores.

However, the portrait is another Ken-esque success!

Glad you've liked it, Rob! I still struggle with portraits even after these many years.

Hornet3d

Wise
Had a nice end to Easter as the banner I ordered (page 251) was delivered today and I am really pleased with it. I liked the one I had printed a few years ago but the printing has clearly moved on. The vinyl is much smoother than before which has a sort of lustre that some photos have and the colour is spot on. Even the highlights in the eyes stands out which is surprising when you think just how small a percentage of the full image they take up.

I really like this banner but I have to say the suit makes it. The suit looks great in renders but believe me it looks simply stunning in life size.

Hornet3d

Wise
Great! I'd like to see it too. :)

Thanks, I am more than happy to oblige. I have some ideas on where to put the banner long term but this time around I decided not to put it on a wall but to use a frame similar to those you see at exhibition stands. It is just sneaking into the early hours here but later in the day the plan is to set the stand up and then take the photo so watch this space.

Hornet3d

Wise
I have had a really hard week or so dealing with the aftermath of having to change a couple of hard drives that were failing. The change itself raised a few issues and while I did not lose any data I found that my backup plans could be simplified. While I was at it I made further changes just to make day to day working easier. This sort of triggered me to do a similar change to my room/den, getting rid of some clutter and generally rethinking things to make playing easier and more fun.

I am nowhere near finished but I need a break from all this work so I do as I usually do at such times I launched Poser (at least it launches now). I fell too tired to be creative but I wanted a distraction and while I like superfly very much I have found skin textures to be the most difficult and while I have a skin texture I am basically happy with I have alway felt I lost some of the detail or crispness I had with firefly. So I have been trying a minor revamp of my Dawn character to see if I can improve on what I have. I am also still playing with the lighting in superfly, here I have used a dome and two lights. The first light is the an infinite to act as the sun and the second an area light used to lighten the right side of the face in a similar manner as photographers would use some sort of reflector on a shoot.

Country Walk HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
I like the reflection in her eyes Hornet.

Thanks, yes I like them, it is a combination of having eye shaders that have real reflections rather the burnt in highlights and the use of the dome. The area light pointed at her face is lifted high so not reflected in the the eyes. Here the trees on the dome in front of her are reflected, obviously some dome materials work better than others but, as I say, I like it here.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I agree with Rae, as the reflections look very natural, and not too much.

I also like the expression around her mouth. ;)