• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

quietrob

Extraordinary
So you have a life size banner of Caoimhe on one of your walls?

That is just so cool! When I get resettled, that is definitely some I want to do with my favorite character!

Hornet3d

Wise
No actually I have a life sized banner of Eibhleann, an earlier character, on my wall. I think this was around 2012 and is of her entering a building so for awhile it was on the door to my room but later I moved to the wall.

The sale prompted me do the same for Caoimhe but this time I am putting it on a stand because it is difficult getting the tension on the wall. The plan is then to stand the banner in front of one of my tall bookcases full of books that I use rarely but still refer to from time to time. Only placed the order yesterday and with Easter now upon us it will be next week before I have the new banner.

Hornet3d

Wise
Sound like a great deal! The largest I have ever printed (in 2008) was standard poster size, and they charged me $90 for 4 photo-quality prints in the US, with $8.32 for the S&H.

I am not sure that you would call this photo quality as there is not only some grain but there is also a texture to the vinyl which is apparent close up but, assuming it is the same as the earlier banner, from anything more than two foot it looks fine.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I am not sure that you would call this photo quality as there is not only some grain but there is also a texture to the vinyl which is apparent close up but, assuming it is the same as the earlier banner, from anything more than two foot it looks fine.

What I meant was the prints were delivered in glossy photo paper. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
What I meant was the prints were delivered in glossy photo paper. :)

Yea I understood that but I wanted to make the point these banners are on a textured vinyl and therefore would look quite different, I am not sure what bearing that would have on the price. I did have a picture printed with another company which was much smaller but it cost about the same price. It was printed on 3 mm Alu-Dibond® composite panel and used UV printing technology (directly printed on the panel) and that really was Photo quality. One of these prints at half the size of the poster is £85 so I think the photo quality pushes the price up.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
In that case, $90 for 4 poster-size prints on glossy photo paper wasn't a bad deal back in 2008. I wonder if prices have changed now.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Today I have submitted "Body Type-2 for Dawn" to HW QAV, so it's on its way to the store. I also have a final version of "Narrow Shoulders for Dawn", which nowadays I almost *always* use to some degree in my personal renders. It gives the option to adjust what some have called Dawn's "quarterback shoulders", so it will be finally something people will be able to control and fine tune to their liking. It's not the kind of dial we should always push to the max - it depends on the scene and pose. I should be sending it to internal beta-testing this week.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Oh, I'm looking forward to Narrow Shoulders. :)

I admit I can't go without it in my renders nowadays. Sometimes I only have to dial it halfway and it already does the job for me. It's a great complement for the Type-2 body for Dawn, and everything else I have used so far. Sometimes little things make a such huge difference. ^^

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Thanks missb it's the old red house tavern set from daz, as is out of the box. I only tweeked the window glass.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I just checked, and the only Redhouse sets I have are Christmas Carol, the expansion pack and the Sweet Shoppe. For some reason I never got the Tavern. Since I'm no longer a PC+ member, I'm not sure I'd purchase it unless I absolutely needed that particular scene.