• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Playing with colored lights: pink, orange and blue. This is Dawn with my "Type-2" body morph (in internal beta-testing now). Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

FantasyRedhead_1200.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Caoimhe having a 'will this do moment' when meeting up for a night out.
Outfit - Cheongsam Dress for Dawn by Ken1171 Designs - Shoes - Fashionable Ankle Boots V4 & Dawn by 3DSublimeProductions - Arryn

Ooh, nice! I like that dress! :D

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@Ken1171 ... ah, I see, re: the morphs...PLUS if they are that different, wouldn't fitting clothing rigged for the base Dawn not really fit? STILL... it's kinda a 'tease' for someone like me, who LOVES experiments... ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
the morphs...PLUS if they are that different, wouldn't fitting clothing rigged for the base Dawn not really fit? STILL... it's kinda a 'tease' for someone like me, who LOVES experiments... ;)

You can say that clothing will not fit ANY morph ever made for Dawn.... until you copy them to the clothing with a mouse click. This happens automatically in DS (with Auto-Fit), but in Poser it's done manually. I am not sure if this requires Poser Pro, or if the regular version can do it too.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Playing with colored lights: pink, orange and blue. This is Dawn with my "Type-2" body morph (in internal beta-testing now). Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

View attachment 36322
A lovely render in your style and like a frazzeta painting, it's an excellent style. I couldn't help but notice her gloves. Why is it that there are few dainty gloves? They all seem rather mean or suited for battle with an enemy, not tea with a friend. I still mostly use Vicky and I was shocked to find ONE pair of dainty gloves. I suppose it's like hats. They've out lived their time. Still, I'm pretty sure when the Lady Kate Middleton drops by @Hornet3d for tea, she wears white gloves. Like the Queen.

Just meandering as I lament, I suppose. Again, I love your work, Ken.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
A lovely render in your style and like a frazzeta painting, it's an excellent style. I couldn't help but notice her gloves. Why is it that there are few dainty gloves? They all seem rather mean or suited for battle with an enemy, not tea with a friend. I still mostly use Vicky and I was shocked to find ONE pair of dainty gloves. I suppose it's like hats. They've out lived their time. Still, I'm pretty sure when the Lady Kate Middleton drops by @Hornet3d for tea, she wears white gloves. Like the Queen.

Just meandering as I lament, I suppose. Again, I love your work, Ken.

Good eye! I was thinking Frazetta style when I picked the camera focus distance and light colors. I have used the "light sculpting" method, where we use shadows to reveal body volumes and add depth. Colored lights can add drama and give it more punch by concentrating on primary colors (red, blue and yellow). It's just frustrating how Superfly\Cycles do such a horrible job clearing noise in this kind of lighting. I-ray and Octane can handle this much better.

As for the gloves, I think most CAs avoid making them in the first place because of the time it takes to rig them. It's 16 joints per hand, and each in 3 different axes, resulting into whooping 48 joint adjustments per hand. No other clothing has these many joins packed together in such a small area, and topology is unforgiving to support a closed fist hand pose. So it comes to no surprise how few outfits actually include gloves. Nonetheless, I have made several for Dawn, to include my newest Succubus outfit with long gloves. I suppose dainty gloves are out of fashion these days?

quietrob

Extraordinary
Good eye! I was thinking Frazetta style when I picked the camera focus distance and light colors. I have used the "light sculpting" method, where we use shadows to reveal body volumes and add depth. Colored lights can add drama and give it more punch by concentrating on primary colors (red, blue and yellow). It's just frustrating how Superfly\Cycles do such a horrible job clearing noise in this kind of lighting. I-ray and Octane can handle this much better.

As for the gloves, I think most CAs avoid making them in the first place because of the time it takes to rig them. It's 16 joints per hand, and each in 3 different axes, resulting into whooping 48 joint adjustments per hand. No other clothing has these many joins packed together in such a small area, and topology is unforgiving to support a closed fist hand pose. So it comes to no surprise how few outfits actually include gloves. Nonetheless, I have made several for Dawn, to include my newest Succubus outfit with long gloves. I suppose dainty gloves are out of fashion these days?

Thanks for the clue and the information! I'm going to trot off and look up Light Sculpting. I saw the noise and just thought either you ended the render before it was cleaned or you're using an effect as you push the envelope. Either way, it didn't matter because it's just an excellent work of art. I find it interesting that you use Superfly which is much better suited for reality type art than Firefly. I have stayed away from Octane and I-Ray as they require a kickass graphics card. I'm using onboard graphics chip and I know from my burned out old laptop that a good kickass graphic cards makes a world of difference.

I never thought about the rigging for the gloves. Now I understand why 90 percent of the gloves out there have no fingers! The gloves I did find seemed too thick and looked awkward once placed. After much searching I actually found some FREE gloves. Made by the superb vendor coflek-gnorg, and using free textures by the superb Mapps. They look quite dainty though a frilly wrist would be nice, I'm not going to squabble.

I know this is a Dawn thread but I was wondering since you are the creator of the Universal Anime Head (in the hivewire market place now. It's in my runtime so buy it now!) if you could answer a question.

How is it possible to keep the head of one figure onto the body of another figure during animation. It works during static poses but during animation the head wants to do it's own thing! How can I ensure that head will stay parented to it's body?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I saw the noise and just thought either you ended the render before it was cleaned or you're using an effect as you push the envelope.

No matter how long I leave it running, SF will not clean up this kind of noise. People who are used to Cycles in Blender3D agreed with me that noise cleaning is just something it doesn't do well. Octane used to be noisy like that in version 1, but they fixed it in the next version. That's one of the advantages of paid software - things are fixed sooner.

How is it possible to keep the head of one figure onto the body of another figure during animation. It works during static poses but during animation the head wants to do it's own thing! How can I ensure that head will stay parented to it's body?

There are 2 things to consider when dealing with parented head replacements: how the head is attached and how the figure is posed/animated. In the included tutorial I show how to properly parent the head, and what to parent it to, as well as how to pose the figure once that is done. The major factors are to parent the entire UAH figure to the head of the other figure, meaning parenting the UAH BODY to the figure's head. When posing the composite figure, make sure to only pose the target figure, and not the UAH. That is, pose the invisible figure's head, and not the UAH's head. This should keep things together.

quietrob

Extraordinary
PING! Got it! I've been parenting the neck to the other figures neck that way I can turn the FIGURES neck and the other figures head would turn. I'll try it your way. Totally my fault for not reading the tutorial.

When I render in DS, I always get that noise and it seems to take forever for it to clean up. Superfly actually seems faster at this.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Good eye!It's just frustrating how Superfly\Cycles do such a horrible job clearing noise in this kind of lighting. I-ray and Octane can handle this much better.
The noise in the lower half of the image (leg area) I think could be comparable to grain you'd get with a real camera. And that didn't really bother me except a little for the calf of the left leg.
The hair on the other hand, I have had this happen with my mane/tails I did for Harry, I fixed it by overlaying black parts of the the cut-out texture over the other textures (spec etc) and resaving them and it helped greatly (its like the lights are still reflecting off of the spec even though its been cut out).

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have been dealing with render SF noise since the beginning, and have confirmed with Blender users that Cycles has the same problem with noise. Even if they fix it in Cycles, who knows how long until SMS will fix it in Poser?

Hornet3d

Wise
So after a reinstall of Poser 11 and then another problem with launching the program I am now back with a working installation with all my preferences in place. I have also put in place some changes to make any similar problems easier to recover from in future.

So with Poser back in harness it was time to make sure it was fixed.

Poster HW.jpg

So here is the evidence of it working again. Format looks weird but that is because it is rendered at 5385 X 2265 pixels at 300dpi the reason being it is going to be printed on a 6 foot banner making it about life size. Render settings with Branched Path Tracing turned off pixel samples set at 50 with progressive refinement ticked. On my system this took 24 hours but then it is five years since my last banner so not too onerous and anyway it shows my system can behave when it wants to.

Hornet3d

Wise
I suppose it depends on what you regard as expensive but I guess not as expensive as many would think. I use Vistaprint here in the UK and the full price is just short of £40 but I never buy at full price the sale prices was £23.75 with £4.50package and postage. They also have some very nice banner stands, the sort you see at you see at exhibitions which keep the banner off the floor and the tension is adjustable. The stand price was £59.99 but on sale at £35.99 (PP included in the £4.50) so I treated myself. The big plus is I do not need to find wall space or a door to hang the banner on. The other plus is that the banner clamps in so I can always change the banner at any point for less than £25 if I wait for a sale.

Of course that is all UK prices but I would be very surprised if that cannot be matched or even beaten in the US or other countries. At a push they may even ship internationally which should not be too much for the banner but maybe pricy for the stand.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Sound like a great deal! The largest I have ever printed (in 2008) was standard poster size, and they charged me $90 for 4 photo-quality prints in the US, with $8.32 for the S&H.