• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Hornet3d

Wise
Yes, I change image too and adjust the sun position to match.
I love it!
Of course if I'm doing a render that need a transparent background, I use the hide features in properties leaving show in ray trace on.
I still get the lighting that way,

It is great to have that option and fine if you are adding a plain background in postwork. If it is an image to be used as a background then matching the light direction and colour make it more difficult although not impossible.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Miss B was saying in another thread that Snarly has added a shadow caster function for Superfly in the latest version, V1.5. Nice to have in Superfly but this could be a solution while we wait.

Cool! How a link? What I currently do is to render the shadows in a separate layer in FF, and them combine it with the SF render in postwork.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Ken, it's not on Snarly's site. The latest version he has is 1.2, but one of the guys on the SM Poser Forum uploaded it to his Dropbox because folks in France and Italy couldn't get to Snarly's site because his IP was being banned over there, and not just his site, every site his IP hosts. Weird.

Anyway, you can get find a link to the download here --> Snarly's EZDome Script with Shadow Catcher

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I can't find any script there for the shadow catcher.
Or was EZ Dome updated to have it included?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Awesome, thanks! I use EZDome a lot, and didn't know it had been updated. I can reach Snarly's site alright, so I could get it directly. Can't wait to give it a try! ^____^

I can't find any script there for the shadow catcher.
Or was EZ Dome updated to have it included?

I understand it's now part of EZDome in version 1.2.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Actually Ken, its not on his site as he only has 1.2 on there. As Miss B said Y-Phil is hosting 1.5 in his dropbox from the SM Forums. If you use her link you will see the link for Y-Phil's drop box :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Rae is correct. The version on Snarly's site is version 1.2 and it's an old build. The one Y-Phil uploaded is Build 065, so definitely the newest version.

Snarly made it public domain, so anyone can use it to create add-ons or similar scripts, which I know have been done.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Rae is correct. The version on Snarly's site is version 1.2 and it's an old build. The one Y-Phil uploaded is Build 065, so definitely the newest version.
Snarly made it public domain, so anyone can use it to create add-ons or similar scripts, which I know have been done.

Ooh, so it's version 1.5 that has it then. Thanks for clarifying! ^^

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I always do at least one render with the Visible in Camera unchecked on the IDL Sphere and any other objects in the background when I do mask renders. It's much easier and quicker than trying to create a mask in Photoshop from a full render. I will also create mask renders with the objects in the background Visible in Camera and just the IDL Sphere not Visible in Camera. If I have foreground plants, I'll do at least one mask render with only those Visible in Camera. The number of render masks I do depends on the complexity of the scene.

It can sometimes result in the visible stuff being a bit brighter, but generally, I'm only using the masks as a "template" in photoshop. Although, sometimes, I'll use them as an overlay with opacity at 50% or less.

This also works if you're using other spheres or domes for your background.

upload_2018-3-8_18-31-0.png

It is great to have that option and fine if you are adding a plain background in postwork. If it is an image to be used as a background then matching the light direction and colour make it more difficult although not impossible.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Purple lady in red! This is Dawn with CatsEyes, and my [WIP] succubus outfit. Rendered in Poser with Superfly. Had to remodel and re-rig the shorts, and today I have resolved the scaling issues with the tail. The staff and armor are from other outfits. Used the good'ol HSV node to make the purple skin. :)

CuteAndEvil_XVI_1200.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Created a brand new "Type3" body type for Dawn today. It's a fuller, curvier and more voluptuous than my previous Type2. Will be playing more with it. Pants are HW skinny jeans, boots, top and earrings by me. Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

Boardwalk_1200.jpg

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I celebrated submitting the Deirdre products to HiveWire by ... playing with a potential new character.

Meet Kiera.

Kiera.jpg

Origin of the name Kiera: Feminine form of Kieran, an Anglicized form of the Irish Ciarán, which is derived from the Gaelic ciar (black) and the diminutive suffix -an: hence, "little dark one." The name was originally bestowed upon those babies born with dark hair or a dark complexion.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I celebrated submitting the Deirdre products to HiveWire by ... playing with a potential new character.

Meet Kiera.

Origin of the name Kiera: Feminine form of Kieran, an Anglicized form of the Irish Ciarán, which is derived from the Gaelic ciar (black) and the diminutive suffix -an: hence, "little dark one." The name was originally bestowed upon those babies born with dark hair or a dark complexion.

Love it! Quite an exotic character, Satira!