• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thanks! I want to create a face look (can't wait for Chris's faces of the world dials!!) and in a final render with good lighting, her wonderful age-wrinkles will show up even better!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I LOVE to learn! I converted the conforming top to dynamic!

Lookie!

My Mommy created a new blouse for me,
Out of the old DAZ K1 top called GiGi,
Then she used the new plaid by Shelly,
I'm so happy, I'm telling everyone Lookie!

And by the way, she converted the top to Dynamic,
But as far as I am concerned, I am sure it's magic!
She said she "constrained" the bow to make it perfect,
Isn't she amazing? I admire her super intellect!
~Lyne's Creations
GiGiTopDiva.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
A lakeside Portrait.

Lakeside Portrait HW.jpg

Dress - Nocturna for Dawn by Aura Shari - with material from Fabric Frenzy-Cottons Vol. 1 PBR Textures & Poser Shaders MR by Deecey.

Necklace - Exnem Dragonfly Necklace by Exnem with materials from VB Super Shaders for Poser 11 SuperFly by Vince Bagna and Biscuits Sparkle by Biscuits.

Lighting - from dome only - EZdome with Ice lake Sibl.

Me195

Extraordinary
I LOVE to learn! I converted the conforming top to dynamic!

Lookie!

My Mommy created a new blouse for me,
Out of the old DAZ K1 top called GiGi,
Then she used the new plaid by Shelly,
I'm so happy, I'm telling everyone Lookie!

And by the way, she converted the top to Dynamic,
But as far as I am concerned, I am sure it's magic!
She said she "constrained" the bow to make it perfect,
Isn't she amazing? I admire her super intellect!
~Lyne's Creations
View attachment 35381

Excellent conversion, render and poem.

A lakeside Portrait.

View attachment 35428

Dress - Nocturna for Dawn by Aura Shari - with material from Fabric Frenzy-Cottons Vol. 1 PBR Textures & Poser Shaders MR by Deecey.

Necklace - Exnem Dragonfly Necklace by Exnem with materials from VB Super Shaders for Poser 11 SuperFly by Vince Bagna and Biscuits Sparkle by Biscuits.

Lighting - from dome only - EZdome with Ice lake Sibl.

Looks fantastic. It blends so well with the HDRI.

Me195

Extraordinary
How did you make that Joker??? That is a great clip!

Thank you.

For the Joker's skin I used Dusk SE's default texture with ghostship's skin material found here Ghostship SSS Skin shader - Poser - ShareCG . I added a HSV node to the texture to turn Dusk's skin white except for the lips. I made sure both the SSS and roughness were driven by the HSV node. On the face texture I added a second layer with the physical root node. I used the second layer's physical root node and the eyebrow mask that comes with dusk to turn his eyebrows green. His face is a dial spin and I exaggerated the smile by splitting the smile morphs so I could double up on those. His hair is the hero hair for Dusk with a HSV node to make it green. For his cloths I used the white texture set that comes with the tux. I used a HSV node to change the colors and a fabric shader to make it catch the light like fabric does.

Shorter answer

Face Material Base Layer
Jokerface1.jpg

Face material second layer

Jokerface2.jpg

I can't show you the clothing shaders for the tux because while I did make them from scratch for practice it is the exact method that Vince Bagna uses for his fabric shader that he sells at daz.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions feel free to ask anytime and I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I used a HSV node to change the colors and a fabric shader to make it catch the light like fabric does.

Ah, good old HSV node - I use it a lot these days when I need characters with different skin colors. It has so many uses! :)

Me195

Extraordinary
Ah, good old HSV node - I use it a lot these days when I need characters with different skin colors. It has so many uses! :)

It certainly does. I've been neglecting that node for a long time. I used it heavily when making the hellboy render in the Ruckus thread. It reminded me of all the possibilities.

Hornet3d

Wise
Looks fantastic. It blends so well with the HDRI.

Thank you, I have seen some really good iRay and Superfly renders I wanted to see what I could do with my limited skill set. I know it is not up there with the best but I was pleased with the outcome which always encourages me to try harder.

Me195

Extraordinary
I love it, great realistic lighting for some great figures.

Thank you.

Thank you, I have seen some really good iRay and Superfly renders I wanted to see what I could do with my limited skill set. I know it is not up there with the best but I was pleased with the outcome which always encourages me to try harder.

You're welcome. While you say your skill set is limited you're still doing a darn good job. Your renders get better with every post. I would wager it won't be too long before you're renders will be amongst the gallery's greatest.

Me195

Extraordinary
Love it! Now that's the perfect capture. ;)

Oh, and thanks for the screenshot of the shader you used for the Joker.

Thanks Miss B. I'm glad you like it.

You're welcome. I like to help out if I can. I hope the joker example and the eyebrow color change will prove useful.

Hornet3d

Wise
Playing with pink & blue colored lights. This is Dawn with my custom body morphs and outfit. Face is Virtual World's Janet. Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

View attachment 35596

A great render and I suspect a lot more difficult than it looks at first viewing. Playing with coloured lights is one thing but the resulting impact on materials perplexes me when I try.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
A great render and I suspect a lot more difficult than it looks at first viewing. Playing with coloured lights is one thing but the resulting impact on materials perplexes me when I try.

Whenever I have asked more art educated people for hints on colored lights, they mostly tell me to avoid them altogether. They think it's a bad thing. A photographer told me a similar thing, claiming it tends to create inconsistent images, especially when the colors are complements of each other - like the ones I have used here.

So, according to them, I have ruined the render in the worst possible way. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
Whenever I have asked more art educated people for hints on colored lights, they mostly tell me to avoid them altogether. They think it's a bad thing. A photographer told me a similar thing, claiming it tends to create inconsistent images, especially when the colors are complements of each other - like the ones I have used here.

So, according to them, I have ruined the render in the worst possible way. :)

Well if that is the case I wish I could ruin a few more of my renders in a similar manner.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Well if that is the case I wish I could ruin a few more of my renders in a similar manner.

There are some controversies when it comes to art theory, where some are love or hate things like colored lights. However, Disney Studios are the kings of art theory, and they have a long history of using colored lights to create mood in their animations. I think it's a cool way to paint color without changing materials. :)