• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Hornet3d

Wise
I agree with Rae, as the reflections look very natural, and not too much.

I also like the expression around her mouth. ;)

Thank you. Her mouth has been changed slightly with a tweak to the image map, particularly to the lower lip, and the bump map was modified both for the mouth and face. After lighting it is the expression is the aspect I tend to spend the most time on and, as a really good expression can look awful on the previews I do a number of test renders. With progressive ticked I can get a fair idea on the expression with a few as 20 samples and when I get close to what I want I let the render run a little longer. As I am rendering at a large size, when I get what I think is the final render I save the image and check it in Paint Shop Pro so I can see the full image as dragging across section of the render in Poser quite literally does not give you the full picture.

I like doing portraits, as anyone here will already know, and one of my hang ups is getting the reflections in the eye right. As I now use domes most of the time getting the light from the dome is a major factor on the strength of the reflections, here I dropped the ambience to 0.6 on the outer dome of an Ezdome. The down side was this made the face a little dark hence the second area light to lighten the face, it is only set to a intensity of 20 but enough to have a profound effect.

Thanks again to you and @Rea134 for your comments I tend to get too close to any render after a while so comment like this help to keep me on the right track.

Hornet3d

Wise
Never knew this was going to be so difficult, because of the surface it is hard to get a good photo of this banner without reflections, even bounced flash has problems. Anyway this should give you some idea of what the banner looks like.

Banner HW.jpg

The wardrobe door (and teddy bear) gives you an idea of size on the left shot and the room height in the far right. The middle shot shows how the highlights in the eye have been reproduced.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
She is lovely, but I don't have the latest version of DS, so anything DUF is not in my wheelhouse, as the saying goes.

I just checked her/his store, and there are some Poser compatible characters, but it seems no later than Poser7, so she/he probably doesn't have a later version of Poser that would be needed to do a Poser version of Amelia.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hear ye, hear ye, introducing my latest render of our girl!!

This is Dawn SE, and Sora, and CatsEyes AND . . . Body Type-2. The outfit is from the FashionVol1 Casual add-on textures for Dawn's Superhero bodysuit. OK, I didn't mean this to be an advertisement for Ken1171's products . . . it just worked out that way. ;)

SoraCatsEyes.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This is Dawn SE, and Sora, and CatsEyes AND . . . Body Type-2. The outfit is from the FashionVol1 Cashual add-on textures for Dawn's Superhero bodysuit. OK, I didn't mean this to be an advertisement for Ken1171's products . . . it just worked out that way. ;)

Hey, I was going to do that, but you've beat me to it! Haha! It's good that you've mixed only CatsEyes face, for the body would be too much if combined with Type-2. However, Type-2 works great with Sora, which is what I think you did here. ^___^

Miss B

CV-BEE
Actually Ken, I did use CatsEyes body too, but I had lowered it to about .65 or so. It would've been too much after I added Body Type-2 to the mix. ;)

I'd have to check to see the settings I used for Body Type-2, because I may have lowered that as well, so it's sort of a mix of the two.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Actually Ken, I did use CatsEyes body too, but I had lowered it to about .65 or so. It would've been too much after I added Body Type-2 to the mix. ;)

I'd have to check to see the settings I used for Body Type-2, because I may have lowered that as well, so it's sort of a mix of the two.

Awesome, for this is EXACTLY what I made Type-2 for - mix and matching with other morphs. I think that's the most fun part of it. I have shown some examples in the promos. I rarely left Type-2 alone, for there are MANY unique body types that can be created from it - like the one you are showing here! ^___^

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh wait, I'm not finished. We'll see what she looks like when I get my hands on Narrow Shoulders. :D

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Oh wait, I'm not finished. We'll see what she looks like when I get my hands on Narrow Shoulders. :D

Oh yes, NS has become very important to me when I render. I think Type-2 looks its best with NS applied, but so does Sora and CatsEyes. I use it everywhere, since I made it for use in my own gallery. It's now with Alisa for QAV, and I am trying to make a DS version.

Hornet3d

Wise
Hear ye, hear ye, introducing my latest render of our girl!!

This is Dawn SE, and Sora, and CatsEyes AND . . . Body Type-2. The outfit is from the FashionVol1 Casual add-on textures for Dawn's Superhero bodysuit. OK, I didn't mean this to be an advertisement for Ken1171's products . . . it just worked out that way. ;)

View attachment 36696

It may have turned out to be an advert for Ken1171's products but it is a very fine one. I love this sort of creation, taking a number of different products and producing something that is very special is what 3D art is all about in my opinion.

Hornet3d

Wise
Oh yes, NS has become very important to me when I render. I think Type-2 looks its best with NS applied, but so does Sora and CatsEyes. I use it everywhere, since I made it for use in my own gallery. It's now with Alisa for QAV, and I am trying to make a DS version.

So glad you are doing that, I only use Poser but this seems to be too good not to get working in DS. It makes Dawn look great what software is used is irrelevant.