• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Hornet3d

Wise
I think this is the first time I have mixed my photography and 3D art, at least I cannot remember doing it before.

Forest HW.jpg

A long way from perfect but I am fairly pleased at my first attempt, certainly worth playing with a little more and keeping in mind when I am out with my camera.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks Miss B. I didn't know he had so many hair and other products!
Yes, a lot of them are older hair products I don't think he has in his store at Renderosity any more.

I've also been playing with his new Bella character, and so far, I like what I'm seeing.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think this is the first time I have mixed my photography and 3D art, at least I cannot remember doing it before.

A long way from perfect but I am fairly pleased at my first attempt, certainly worth playing with a little more and keeping in mind when I am out with my camera.

Actually I think it's pretty good considering it's not the same lighting. I like it as it is. :)

I'm thinking that photo would make a nice HDRi. Too bad I have no idea how to create one.

Hornet3d

Wise
Actually I think it's pretty good considering it's not the same lighting. I like it as it is. :)

I'm thinking that photo would make a nice HDRi. Too bad I have no idea how to create one.

That is one area where I would like to play. I have created light probes in the past but I need to go back and review how I did it as it was some time ago and I don't remember the process. The background is just a standard picture taken on a walk in our local arboretum but if I had something like this in mind I would bracket the images so I could produce an HDR photo to start with.

Me195

Extraordinary

View attachment 36889

You did a great job on it. The lighting matches well, and the skin looks great.

Hornet3d

Wise
So I am at the point where I feel more comfortable with superfly and now I am trying to find a default starting point as regards lighting and render settings. I know it will change from scene to scene but if I start from a known point each time I should eventually begin to understand the changes needed for each scene. I also need to keep in mind that I want the render to finish in four to six hours on my rig.

This is a dome with one light as an infinite and took just short of four hours.

Suit Dome and Light HW.jpg