• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

quietrob

Extraordinary
@Hornet3d As far as a starting point, I find the skydome makes all the difference when it comes to lighting. In this particular render, she looks nice, her outfit and skin look crisp but I can't tell much about the background. I found out recently that the skydome makes all the difference. So much I use a particular one (It came with a ship and sea) and it always delivers a well lit render. If a well lit render is what you're looking for, try that. If you want mood with shadows you might try a different skydome or none at all. I hope that makes sense. Oh I'm dealing with Firefly only so it might be moot when using Superfly. Hope it makes sense. My thinking isn't as sharp as it should be.

Hornet3d

Wise
@Hornet3d As far as a starting point, I find the skydome makes all the difference when it comes to lighting. In this particular render, she looks nice, her outfit and skin look crisp but I can't tell much about the background. I found out recently that the skydome makes all the difference. So much I use a particular one (It came with a ship and sea) and it always delivers a well lit render. If a well lit render is what you're looking for, try that. If you want mood with shadows you might try a different skydome or none at all. I hope that makes sense. Oh I'm dealing with Firefly only so it might be moot when using Superfly. Hope it makes sense. My thinking isn't as sharp as it should be.

Thank you for the comments and your thoughts on the subject. At the moment I am using Ezdome as I find the inner and outer dome to be of great advantage as I can control the light with the ambient of the outer while, independent of that, I can control the strength of the background using the inner. In this case I was not too worried about the background as I was more interested the light from the dome and what render settings I needed to get good detail on the figure and suit while still having a decent render time. The ship and sea dome you are talking about sounds interesting and I have found that a sky dome is even more important in superfly both for good lighting a render times.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
i can´t upload the image to the media section :(

Dawn Se with a mix of Sora and the face morphs...narrow shoulders by Ken1171
Tavern dress for Dawn...(it is for poser ..but i used the free projection maps from share cg by DVL)
Comfy Ballerina Flats for Dawn by Karth
skin is Jojo for Baby Luna converted to Daz
Caleb Hair
i use a mix of 3D Scenery: Deepwood Gorge
and Lisa Botanicals Tulips and honeysuckle
and Giant moths by Ken Gilliland

View attachment A beautiful day.jpg

Me195

Extraordinary
i can´t upload the image to the media section :(

Dawn Se with a mix of Sora and the face morphs...narrow shoulders by Ken1171
Tavern dress for Dawn...(it is for poser ..but i used the free projection maps from share cg by DVL)
Comfy Ballerina Flats for Dawn by Karth
skin is Jojo for Baby Luna converted to Daz
Caleb Hair
i use a mix of 3D Scenery: Deepwood Gorge
and Lisa Botanicals Tulips and honeysuckle
and Giant moths by Ken Gilliland

View attachment 36991

Fantastic scene all around.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Love it Chris. I don't know how you do these animations so smoothly, but they're all looking great.

quietrob

Extraordinary
About what? The character or the animation? ^^

I would say the pinup as a genre. While they did have pinups back in the day, they never truly coupled it with animation. I don't count bugs bunny and Olive Oyl as Carmen Miranda. Gil Elvgren, Joyce Ballantyne and Art Frahm missed their chance to beat the Hays Board.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B...I'm severely out of practice. I suppose the good thing about not having been rendering is I've almost finished my daughters quilt that I've been working on for years.

Another render...Diva wearing Karth's Longsleeve...I had to do a custom morph for it and it's using one of my Easter textures.
Oh my gosh.jpg