• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Here's Asuka Langley (Evangelion) fanart using Dawn + Universal Anime Head. Rendered in Poser with Firefly. ^____^

UAH_1200.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you! I forgot to mention that the head here was textured using DawnSE maps, but it apparently doesn't help much in this style. The provided flat colors would probably look the same. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So many good renders...I'm busy doing some testing of some textures at the moment but while I'm doing it I did a quick character portrait of something that is still a wip. I know it's not perfect yet but wanted to post to get some feedback on the texture. It's Dawn with the Sora morph, plus my sorafae morph and ears. The texture is a wip which I've been playing with in ZBrush. Still not finished and I'm wondering whether it's worth continuing or should I scrap and start again...constructive critique is very welcome as I'm still learning to create skin textures in Zbrush. Hair is twingo by Sav and horns are from Rendo. Outfit is converted from Genesis 3 female...
character portrait.jpg

Banditcameraman

Enthusiast
They're both lovely, Bandit. I like the expression on the girl's face to the left.

I think it's a very nice tribute to SAV, as well...

Nice render and a lovely tribute.

I tried Dawn when she first came out but I struggled and gave up. She matured well though and she quickly became my go to figure with the launch of Dawn SE.

Many thanks for the kind words. @Seliah (Childe of Fyre) @Hornet3d :)

There's a tribute gallery at Rendo for SAV, although I can't seem to find where to submit to it :( But that, and the fact that the allowed render size is tiny (at least to me :whistling: ) gives me pause :confused:

And have Dawn SE on my wish list and will purchase her as soon as funds allow :D