• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Having worked in the racing industry I don't give a rodents donkey how good the jockeys look without shirts 99% of them are jumped up little twats that leave you wanting to hang them off the nearest coat rack! And at 5 foot or under that would not be hard to do :whistling:

Would love to have seen Phar lap run, such a cool horse
RLOF!! I can actually picture that !! Chantal Sutherland might object though!

They have some videos of Phar Lap on Utube , but nothing beats actually being there!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
wow NA! yes very lucky about the net.
I've had 2 other really close calls. One was on Nuffy (I found another photo of him and uploaded above), we were riding along a road and a dog tried to attack him and he basically leaped over the bonnet of a passing car (his tail hit the windshield). The other was on an ex-racehorse that bolted and nothing I could do would pull him up and he ran along some train tracks and crossed in front of a train (that one would not have been pretty), I was lucky it was slowing down because it was coming into town.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
wow NA! yes very lucky about the net.
I've had 2 other really close calls. One was on Nuffy (I found another photo of him and uploaded above), we were riding along a road and a dog tried to attack him and he basically leaped over the bonnet of a passing car (his tail hit the windshield). The other was on an ex-racehorse that bolted and nothing I could do would pull him up and he ran along some train tracks and crossed in front of a train (that one would not have been pretty), I was lucky it was slowing down because it was coming into town.
Aye! Kind of scary there for a bit cause I could see it coming, and I tried to duck but the horse was too tall! And OMG a Train!! ........ cringe!! I don't even want to think about that one!! Let alone the car jump!

Great photos Rae! I'm a sucker for the greys!!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I love dapples! Its such a pity they don't stay like that. I was able to see Nuffy many years after I stopped riding, he was completely white. When I started riding him, he was dappled but still had some of the bay colouring so he was a warm grey (the B&W photos don't show that :p)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I love dapples! Its such a pity they don't stay like that. I was able to see Nuffy many years after I stopped riding, he was completely white. When I started riding him, he was dappled but still had some of the bay colouring so he was a warm grey (the B&W photos don't show that :p)
I know and when some of them are born they are like coal black almost.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The falconer

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I find that happens to me too VB, I think its when it comes up and I forget to look then it doesn't notify me again (I've had to go through several pages to catch up :p)