• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Been morphing some on this guy and think I rather have him to my liking the only thing is when I save out the shape morph it will not save out the neck scaling. So ...... may need to find a way to bake that in somehow. Also with most TBs you have a small hoof to body ratio.

Legs on the left and Foal morph on the right.
You can go pinto Saddle Bred as per Rae's Suggestion. CWRW Foal poses.

Foal Morphs.jpg

Akhal Teke type morph or Juvenile Whisper's Gold Coat and Whisper's Main and Tail mats. Could use a few rib morphs, and maybe a bit longer in the mid section hoping the TB will cover that body style type. You can get sort of that peachy tinge by adjusting the ambient and specular settings in Daz and for Poser just assigning an orange or peach rim light.
AT copy.jpg

Last edited:
Love it! Nitpicking ahead.

Looking at the reference photo I think the head propigating scale could be reduced a bit. The legs and back end are great as is the body! The shoulder is also a bit too bulky and maybe too sloped (never thought I would say that lol). I hope this isn't considered too critical, because I really love the Ahkal Teke and hope you can make a morph to sell.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Yap, I totally agree on the head, only problem is if you make it smaller the eyes tend to bulge out, but working on it, and also yes that shoulder has been bugging me too. Hoping once I get the rigged TB I can fiddle around with it more, but also too part of it is the pose stance on the shoulder, but still working on it! I really have scaled down those muscles there in the shoulder to get it to look more balanced. Thanks for the input !!

Best In Show Pose

BIS2 copy.jpg

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Another lovely creation luannemarie!

I like what you are doing NA! You will be happy to know that there will be a complete set of Racing Tack coming in the near future!
Thanks and Yippie!!! LOL I knew Ken was going to start work on it soon so Can't wait!! Gotta make sure on the fits though!! Face and head is what has me the most worried on the morph.

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I'm a bit confused.... IS someone doing the CLOTHS for dusk? I've got the Dusk sizes to make a smaller human... so clothing would have to follow...
Dusk's Shapes And Sizes Volume 1 - A HiveWire 3D Creation by CGCubed and Christopher Creek Art
It's basically a scale morph on the body, but I intend to also couple it with CG Cubes sculpted with some more facial morphs and it will also have one for Dawn. Can XDresser 4 convert Daz clothing to Poser clothing ?

As long as the body morph is fairly basic the clothing will scale with the body form when applied I think. You may have to conform items first and then apply the shape morph scale.

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
oh. :( .... xdresser.. have no idea. Only use poser.
Well, I know Xdresser can be used for both Daz and Poser but you have to have a licences for Dawn and Dusk ........ humm ....... just not sure on the conversion thing between the two platforms, but think the clothing once converted is extracted as a .cr2.

The main thing is fitting the racing tack Ken has out now so can't go too small or the feet and stirrups wont match up. So, if you are going with the size chart morphs it would be around average to small.

The stirrup fit now is scaled to max without breaking or distorting the model. Also too, the pose is off for the way jockeys ride.

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
As it sits now for the jockey gear I'm using the Daz Clones for Dusk SE available at Share CG. Can XDresser 4 convert Daz clothing to Poser clothing ?

As long as the body morph is fairly basic the clothing will scale with the body form when applied I think. You may have to conform items first and then apply the shape morph scale.

I have worked out a method with Lorraine's help for sharing conversion morphs that I've saved NA. Still needs further testing but I can start the thread later today. I'm not sure how an exported cr2 from DS will travel though and the method is a little bit complicated. Once a cr2 was created maybe an injection could be made that will work?
She has managed to get the mfd working and one of the K4 outfits.