• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
LOL, well waiting on a few key components atm, but still thinking on things.

So, from Poser to Daz, but not Daz to Poser?

Me thinks I should of tuned into a webcast a while ago!!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
It's easier(for me at least to go from DS to Poser and that's what Paul recommends as well. Ken1170 prefers to go the other way. Something to do with better groups I think.

Sometimes cr2's exported from DS work well other times...: (

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
It's easier(for me at least to go from DS to Poser and that's what Paul recommends as well. Ken1170 prefers to go the other way. Something to do with better groups I think.

Yes, I totally know what you mean!!

Yeah, I generally go from Daz to Poser also, but it's also the morph fit and fitting to Dusk so ..... that's a bit of a different can of worms for Xdresser maybe! Wish there were clones for Poser!

I'm willing to take a look at your method when you get a chance to get the thread up.

Last edited:

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
It's basically a scale morph on the body, but I intend to also couple it with CG Cubes sculpted with some more facial morphs and it will also have one for Dawn. Can XDresser 4 convert Daz clothing to Poser clothing ?

So I will say if it's mostly a scale morph on the body, I don't think you'd need to do much in Poser to make it fit correctly. For instance a lot of the differences on the body between The Jungle Kids and Diva are scaling, so if something fits on Diva it tends to adjust to The Jungle Kids pretty well. The one expiation where you have to do more work that I found was on the tummy, because there it's actually dialing a morph not just scaling.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thanks Pen and
Not to derail anything!!

I have a companion piece that goes with this one, but I will wait for Easter to share it.

Forest Ghost
Forest Ghost.jpg

Products Used: Harry the HiveWire Horse + TB racing form morph, CWRW Mane and Tail 3 + Tutorial, CWRW Poses for the HiveWire Horse, Unicorn horn and coat from HW unicorn with filigree texture applied, Lisa's Botanicals Tulips, Easter Pastels for Lisa's Botanicals Tulips (Coming Soon) , white Seed brushes for PS, Background is a conglomerate of a bunch of photos of the trees and vines behind and in front of my house.

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
So I will say if it's mostly a scale morph on the body, I don't think you'd need to do much in Poser to make it fit correctly. For instance a lot of the differences on the body between The Jungle Kids and Diva are scaling, so if something fits on Diva it tends to adjust to The Jungle Kids pretty well. The one expiation where you have to do more work that I found was on the tummy, because there it's actually dialing a morph not just scaling.
I was rather thinking along those lines as well, but I can for sure do the morphs. It's just getting the clothing to fit and then converting the outfit to Dusk and Dawn which is not my forte'!! Researching though!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist

In my experience, auto-created groups are BAD in both Poser and DS, especially with double-jointed necks in Dawn and Dusk, where the groups are wide and narrow. It's very easy for auto-group to punch holes in the groups and create discontinuities that later will affect conforming and posing. Conversely, it appears that DS can export OBJs as Unimesh, while Poser can't. But if you edit the groups in Poser, it will create a new OBJ and export a broken OBJ. That's why I had to force myself to learn Modo to create the groups manually. Blender3D can also be used for that. Chances are these are the only 2 programs that can keep the OBJ in one piece. DS has a group editor, but I find it as cumbersome as the one in Poser. The bottomline is that keeping the OBJ as Unimesh can make it portable to both Poser and DS.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Forest Ghost is truly magical NA!
Thanks Flint! Not nearly as good as your superb works!!

That is a very nice subtle texture on the unicorn @NapalmArsenal. Is that one you have in the store that I missed?

No, not in the store. It's just a custom one I have been tinkering around with. The only way I would ever put these into the store would be if CWRW approved of it and I would have to use FL's coat MRs. I have another one with a similar look I will post later.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Happy Easter!!

Unicorn Lace
UnicornResave.jpg

Products Used:
Harry the Hivewire Horse, Akhal Teke - Light frame TB racing form morph, CWRW Poses for the HiveWire horse, CWRW Main and Tail 3 + Tutorial, Unicorn textures + Custom filigree overlay and horn for the Hivewire Horse, Lisa's Botanicals Tulips, Pastels for Lisa's Botanicals Tulips, Curious Grasses and Vines, Fairies created by me in Poser and then made into brushes, Dryad Leaf Scatter, Neck deco is from the Dark Storm set with some elements removed and heart is from RDNA heart scatter different texture, Jewel and Bead are created in Photoshop, small white flowers are Lisa's Botanicals Daylily with Conch Prism textures applied.

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
This is so gorgeous NA! I love, love, love it!

Thanks!!! I felt rather inspired with this one!

WISH WISH WISH that the forum's "like" was LOVE! :)
Keep,.... keep,..... Keep......... on wishing on!;) Like it is and like it will be :laugh:, but doesn't mean like doesn't = Love :love:

Little break here and now I need to get back to work on optimizing files for the Slayer Kit!