• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Ok, guys how's the Akhal Teke looking? This is part of yesterday's work still needing the TB though to fledge this guys out.

Untitled-10 copy.jpg
Akhal Teke8s copy.jpg
Akhal Teke8s2 copy.jpg

I've been working on this one over the past few weekends. I've been meaning to do something steampunk inspired, hopefully more to come. Thinking of an image using the HW Big Cat done sort of like this.
Over 500 layers

Clockwork Beast
clocked21.jpg

Products Used:
The Hivewire Horse, various gears etc from some motorcycle photos, chains from antique scales, Background is a conglomerate of Ron's backgrounds, Antji's Steampunk elements, my feathered wings, a few metal stained glass church windows, and lightning or iris pattern brushes.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Ok, guys how's the Akhal Teke looking? This is part of yesterday's work still needing the TB though to fledge this guys out.

Wow! Fantastic look to them!

I've been working on this one over the past few weekends. I've been meaning to do something steampunk inspired, hopefully more to come. Thinking of an image using the HW Big Cat done sort of like this.
Over 500 layers

Clockwork Beast
View attachment 25920
Products Used:
The Hivewire Horse, various gears etc from some motorcycle photos, chains from antique scales, Background is a conglomerate of Ron's backgrounds, Antji's Steampunk elements, my feathered wings, a few metal stained glass church windows, and lightning or iris pattern brushes.
Double wow! 500layers?!! Very cool look to the picture.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Over 500 layers

I love it. Very well done. I love the placement of the gears on the horse. They aren't just willy-nilly but feel like they are in joint places where you would need gears. Especially the double set of gears at the knees. Also I love steampunk just in general, so there's that.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Nice Jockey Pose!! and excellent image!! @Lyne and nice choice of number!! The 4 post has the most derby winners!

Well lets see:

Kentucky Derby Field Goes as such with Names and Post Positions ...... Pick one and Render if your pick wins you get bragging rights! Though dosage index and distance and PPs ( past performances) and analyst favor Classic Empire. However, neat thing about this race is ........ could be a handful of possible pacesetters.

The Field:

1. Lookin At Lee 2. Thunder Snow 3. Fast and Accurate 4. Untrapped 5. Always Dreaming 6. State of Honor 7. Girvin 8. Hence 9.Irap 10. Gunnevera
11. Battle of Midway 12. Sonneteer 13. J. Boys Echo 14. Classic Empire 15. McCracken 16. Tapwrit 17. Irish War Cry 18. Gormley 19. Practical Joke 20. Patch

Cheat Sheet Link
2017 Kentucky Derby Cheat Sheet

Here's my Exacta!
Untitled-15.jpg

Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Here's mine NA!

17. Irish War Cry (1st, Chestnut in Yellow/Red, I forgot to change the number to 17 :p Harry with Dawn)
14. Classic Empire (2nd, Bay in Yellow/SkyBlue, DH2 with Genesis)
5. Always Dreaming (3rd, Dark Bay in Lime/Royal Blue, DH2 with Genesis)
16. Tapwrit (4th, Grey in Green/Black/SkyBlue, DH2 with Genesis)

Always Dreaming actually won the 2017 race

Last edited:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
After seeing these last ones I'm shy about adding mine but here goes.
It is just a portrait rendered in Superfly to test the new setting I did.
I wanted to see how this new shader worked on his coat, this is my Palomino medium coat texture.
And I've also tried to do a bit of a different shader on the mane.

!PsrBJ 0212c.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Here's mine NA!

17. Irish War Cry (1st, Chestnut in Yellow/Red, I forgot to change the number to 17 :p Harry with Dawn)
14. Classic Empire (2nd, Bay in Yellow/SkyBlue, DH2 with Genesis)
5. Always Dreaming (3rd, Dark Bay in Lime/Royal Blue, DH2 with Genesis)
16. Tapwrit (4th, Grey in Green/Black/SkyBlue, DH2 with Genesis)

Always Dreaming actually won the 2017 race

Awesome Rae!! great Superfecta ......... See you for the Preakness in 2 weeks?! - They Usually announce the Draw the Wednesday before. So will try and post.

Yes, Always Dreaming is the Winner and was the crowd favorite!!

He is out of Bodiemiester ( owned by the guys who founded Vitamin Water) who is out of AP Indy (Sired by Seattle Slew) and Weekend Surprise (Dam, sired by Secretariat) belonging to the Brooklyn boys.

P.S. : Irish War Cry reminds me to some extent of Pharlap he's a beautiful shade of chestnut!!
And here I thought my Irish War Cry was .......... What do you mean you'er out of Killian's Red?

Tilte: Hanging out Together
View attachment 25986
Stunning!! Great poses and where did you get that hair? I've been looking for something similar.

After seeing these last ones I'm shy about adding mine but here goes.
It is just a portrait rendered in Superfly to test the new setting I did.
I wanted to see how this new shader worked on his coat, this is my Palomino medium coat texture.
And I've also tried to do a bit of a different shader on the mane.

View attachment 25988

Ooh....... Love his color FL!! Beautiful golden Palamino!! Fantastic image!! The mane and coat both turned out great!!

Last edited:

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Wonderful pictures, everyone. Makes me realize that I need to do some playing and not just working, sometimes. I'm losing the joy of the making of art.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I was looking at a tutorial on doing dynamic hair on full body and wanted to try on HWH but it does the dials are blanked out.
Would be nice practice for me...sigh.