• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

luannemarie

Busy Bee
Title: Two Spirits
Two Spirits 101z.jpg

Carey

Extraordinary
Thank you. Yes, I spend more time on lighting than I usually do setting up the scene. For me, I look for lighting to add an element of depth to my pictures. Sometimes I get what I want, and sometimes not so much. LOL.
Lighting always turns out to be one of two things, a happy accident, or a matter of compromise with me, it is great that you too are part of the never ending struggle...lol great job on this one!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I DID IT!! I SAVED A REINS POSE! I was having trouble posing my second horse's reins, my Poser scene so heavy (with ground items, two fully dressed riders/two horses & tack). Saved out that horse/rider as figure, then opened empty scene, brought them in, deleted saddle, her hair, boots, horse tail and mane...then went to work on reins for the pose I had set up... then saved the reins POSE - checking both boxes... and it worked for my full scene! Yay! I do ADORE these reins... (Western tack)!!

and FYI... Poser Pro 2014, VERY high end machine, did sub-divide EVERYTHING... but things do slow down with this much in it. :)

Carey

Extraordinary
I can think of one thing worse then posing reins, posing a horses mane and I never remember to save either or even try...

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@Carey ohhh I never have a problem with Harry's mane and tail since Daio's "Show Off" set of poses for body/mane/tail! That and subdividing all makes for a great look... also really easy to do minor adjustments once her poses are applied. :) Just say'in! ;)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
While I am very glad that pose packs for the mane have made life so much easier for so many, I am still floored that so many find Harry's mane hard to pose! It just really isn't.... I don't know how to say it any other way. Again, just watch my video tute -
It is no harder than working with any human hair product I've ever owned.

That said, it is much faster, easier ad more intuitive because of the better "real time" speed in posing, to work with the mane in P11 over earlier versions of Poser. Earlier versions seem to "choke up" a bit over the amount of "bones" in the mane and make subtle adjustments harder to make. Earlier versions of DS are much easier and faster also than earlier versions of Poser in that regard.

Carey

Extraordinary
View attachment 26150
While I am very glad that pose packs for the mane have made life so much easier for so many, I am still floored that so many find Harry's mane hard to pose! It just really isn't.... I don't know how to say it any other way. Again, just watch my video tute -
It is no harder than working with any human hair product I've ever owned.

That said, it is much faster, easier ad more intuitive because of the better "real time" speed in posing, to work with the mane in P11 over earlier versions of Poser. Earlier versions seem to "choke up" a bit over the amount of "bones" in the mane and make subtle adjustments harder to make. Earlier versions of DS are much easier and faster also than earlier versions of Poser in that regard.

Crap, why is it I insist on learning everything the hard way....lol Just had my "man pride" stomped on.. I can figure this all out on my own thank you very much, yea right...lol Thanks for the great lesson in humble, I'll just be over in the corner yelling at myself and enjoying some crow...
eat-crow-1.jpg