• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Our real life pets

Szark

Awesome
yes you should...I can't stop thinking about snapper, scallops gurnard or a Hāpuku steak. I caught about a 110-120 lb Kingfish of the coast of Auckland years ago. I say about as we didn't have big enough scales with us and we had to gut the fish and bleed it straight after landing it so it would taint the flesh. Got home and weighed the rest at 90 lbs. It made a lot of steaks for two families.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I love hapuku too, haven't had it for a long while. My fave fish is smoked mullet (there's a chap sells them on the Te Haumi straight, $10 gets you a nice big one. I make fish pie or just eat it as is) and fresh kahawai, I fry it up and make escabeche. I am now hungry.

Szark

Awesome
I am hungry to feed ourselves from nature's larder but you can't over here. Could you imagine 70 million taking food from the wild without out the knowledge to do so. I was so lucking to go do a lot of fishing and hunting when I lived over there. The freedom to do so if you had the right license which I always got. You can't fish for the same quality over here, generally speaking. Fresh water fish are a joke, just a waste of time...people over here do it as a leisure sport, catch and release. Cruel if you ask me doing it for fun. Do it for food yes but not for fun.

Lorraine

I've never been impressed with catch and release. Especially as so many fish die after being released. It is cruel. I'm not a fisher person myself. The whole cutting up bait and then dealing with a flailing fish without getting spiked thing is not my cup of tea. Though I can do it and have often in the past, nowadays I get given it or buy from local fisherman. 70 million. That's a lot of peeps. We're up to 4 1/2 million-ish. And 32 million sheep.

Szark

Awesome
When I left it was 3 million and 30 million sheep. Still 4 1/2 is still low given how big NZ is.

We do have some fruit trees that were planted on the common land which is now a race and golf coarse but still common land meaning we have the right to walk anywhere and collect fruit and other wild fauna.

Lorraine

I like that idea. There's so much land that could have fruit trees planted instead of just shade trees. As the shade trees are hardly ever natives anyway. Mind you, a lot of fruit trees take some looking after in Northland because of the humidity. But imagine oranges and mandarins all over the place. And figs! I love figs. Choice!

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
This may sound stupid, but if anyone reading is religious would you please pray for my dog? He had a hard year and had a cancer tumor removed from his stomach and seemed like he was going to be fine but over the weekend I found a place on his neck, feels like a jellybean in shape and size. I hope and pray it is just an infection and some medicine will fix it. He is a beagle pitbull mix named Jasper. I'll post a pic of him later, we go to the vet tonight.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sorry to hear about this AoM. Hopefully it's not anything to worry about. My thoughts will be with Jasper, and please keep us posted on what the vet has to say.

Szark

Awesome
Don't need to be religious to think positively (that is what Praying is really) So positive thoughts heading your way.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh I hope you are right and its just a normal bump they sometimes get and nothing worse. Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way.

Oh and I'd love to see what a Beagle Pitty looks like. (Mum used to show a Beagle and Sheltie when we were kids)

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
We want to thank everyone who prayed or sent thoughts or whatever you did because it worked, we were worred sick, like I wrote, this dog had a rough year.
Update, the Vet tested it by drawing fluid out with a needle and looking at it in a microscope then said something like, "while this test is not 100% it is very accruate and I see no cancer cells, only fat, this is just a floating fatty deposit and bring him back in a month and if it has grown I can easily remove it if you want."
photo: Jasper, my boy, is the black and white dog holding a toy in his mouth and weighs just over 50 pounds. His BFF and my girl, is a Lab Mastif mix named Kisawisa weighing way over 100 pounds.

mydogs.jpg

better look at the two of them, Jasper loves everyone and all he wants to do is play but Kisawisa has agression issues, took her to school, all we got out of school is some dogs are just like this, keep her away from everyone. She loves us, and wants to be peted and have her belly rubbed but dosent like other people or dogs. She is a lot of work (protecting her from herself) but worth it.

more dogs.jpg

For size comparison pictures were taken at different times but that is the same sofa.

Last edited:

Lorraine

Anyone who loves their animals and knows how one gets attached to those animals will love this documentary. It does portray a time before laws were made to stop the sale of big cats, however these two guys could not have loved their big kitty any less than I loved my little kitties. Brought a huge lump to my throat and me nearly to tears.