• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Members Mugs (Mugshots)

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Cute pic Rokket...love the expressions.
Thank you!

The last 5 years that I was in the Navy we were stationed at the Sasebo Navy base in Japan. She was the most popular baby on the base. The girls used to actually fight over baby sitting her. She was always a happy baby and not into mischief so everyone wanted to sit her.

She used to refer to the Japanese guards at the gate as 'domo' because that's what they said when we handed them our ID cards to access the base.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
image.jpg Here is my latest mug

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Rokket, that is an adorable picture. And so funny with the identical expressions...

I don't really share photos of myself, either. It's simply not my comfort zone; I'm hard to even get photos of offline; I tend to duck cameras very quickly. LOL

I do, however, have exactly two photos... these are pretty much all I have. A few others are on our wall, and I didn't have much choice. Yanno, things like wedding photos. :p LOL

Anyway. This first picture was taken back in 2005, about a week after we had moved into our second apartment, so that's why there seems to be boxes and such floating around. I would have been 26 in that photo. No, the boots were not for show; by the time I wore them out, they were riddled with pieces of steel and other shaven metal shards, and had some pockmarks from shop chemicals hitting them. I was attending college in the machining program and had an apprenticeship with one of the local machine shops in the area at the time. I ended up leaving that field of study when it became apparent that not only did they flat out not want ANY female working (I put up with a LOT of harassment, and a few of the guys figured out that I had a sniper's aim with thrown objects if they pushed just too far), but that the field was rapidly being taken over by machines and computers anyway, and the jobs were starting to disappear. I went and got my certification as a Nurse Aide instead (CNA), and then got my EMT certification while working as a CNA.

The three kitties here were Mocha (almost out of view of the camera on the right side), Rasha (the cream and white calico/tiger mix), and Keiko (the other calico). We had them for years. We actually still have one of Rasha's kittens, who we named Copilot and he looks a LOT like his poppa.

And no, I'm not a biker girl; the wristbands are there to act as a form of brace; my wrists routinely pop/slip/slide out of joint, and the hefty leather of these types of bands help prevent that from happening.

Seliah2005.jpg

And this second photo was taken around 2012... I would have been 32 here. It's not a good picture, but it's the most recent one we have. The jewelry is all my own making. I don't usually buy it. If I want something different, I just make it. And yes my hair is really that long; it actually goes down to almost my hips these days... I do not cut it, ever.

Seliah2013.jpg

Okay, there's my obligatory part of the thread. You won't likely ever see any other pictures of me besides these two. I really hate having my photo taken, for any reason. LOL :D

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I love the cats! The only cat I ever truly hated belongs to my sister. I spent the night on her couch once when I was visiting my family in the states. Her cat decided that my hand hanging down from the couch was a play toy and he scratched and clawed at it all night, waking me up several times painfully. The next morning I threw his little butt across the room. My sister came around the corner just in time to see me do that. She asked me why I did that. She says "I thought you liked cats?"

I said, yep. In the right sauce. Then I showed her my chewed up hand.

I haven't been invited back there since....

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Now we have you without headphones, Alpha :)

Seliah, nice - you look so comfy in that first pix, though not as comfy as the kitties ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Isn't it neat, and doesn't it say something (good!) about our community here, that we all are willing (read: brave, in my case) to post our photos here? Wonderful to "meet" you, ladies! :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I wish I had a photo of me that wasn't over 40 years old, but the only decent one I have is a tiny passport photo which is in black and white.

You don't have to apologize Seliah, I ALWAYS volunteer to take pictures because I don't ever want to be in them.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I love the cats! The only cat I ever truly hated belongs to my sister. I spent the night on her couch once when I was visiting my family in the states. Her cat decided that my hand hanging down from the couch was a play toy and he scratched and clawed at it all night, waking me up several times painfully. The next morning I threw his little butt across the room. My sister came around the corner just in time to see me do that. She asked me why I did that. She says "I thought you liked cats?"

I said, yep. In the right sauce. Then I showed her my chewed up hand.

I haven't been invited back there since....

LOL. I have to admit, I probably would have tossed something at your head if I caught you doing that to one of my kitties. :) But I also understand what it's like to spend all night getting nipped and clawed at by kitties, too. I lived with a Bengal for a while... Bengals tend to really show their "wild" cat blood at times - especially at night!

I like all critters as a whole, really. I've lived with cats, dogs, hybrid dogs (wolf/dog mixes), snakes, horses, you name it. There's been some kind of animals around me for my whole life. I don't think I'd be happy if I didn't have at least some kind of critters. Currently we have two kitties, Daisy and Copilot, and a 3 year old Betta fish who is too stubborn to go belly up despite that he should have done so a year ago. :D

Seliah, nice - you look so comfy in that first pix, though not as comfy as the kitties ;)

I was exhausted that day! I had spent all day in class, and then another six hours on the shop floor for the apprenticeship. My daughter was only 6 or 7 years old at the time, and was less than pleased with having to be at her grandparents the whole day, let me tell you. :laugh: But the kitties were quite comfy, yes. Which was fine with me, because I didn't want to budge at that time!

Isn't it neat, and doesn't it say something (good!) about our community here, that we all are willing (read: brave, in my case) to post our photos here? Wonderful to "meet" you, ladies! :)

I really don't share pictures of me much at all. Even in offline life. There are very few actual photos of me, and those few generally don't get shared. This place is a huge exception...

I just step behind everyone else!

As long as there are several people in front of me, I can't be seen :p

LOL! I've used that trick many times. I've also used the disappearing act many times... I see a camera come out, and half the time I'm simply gone the next time they look! :roflmao:

Rokket

Dances with Bees
It's funny. I have over 2500 pictures on my laptop. I am in about 5 of them. I don't like having my picture taken at all. If a camera is out, I go for a walk.

I didn't realize that there were others who felt that way. In my house, they are all camera hams...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It's funny. I have over 2500 pictures on my laptop. I am in about 5 of them. I don't like having my picture taken at all. If a camera is out, I go for a walk.

I didn't realize that there were others who felt that way. In my house, they are all camera hams...

Yep. I hate it! I disappear fast. My daughter is not a fan of being in a photo, either, and has begun copying her momma's disappearing tricks... LOL.

There are times I'll put up with it - times when we don't have a choice - or if I know my husband REALLY wants a certain photograph... then yes, I'll indulge him (and make my girl do the same lol). But by and large... I HATE HATE having my picture taken. ;)