• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Members Mugs (Mugshots)

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
@Satira Capriccio I hear you. To be honest, to 95 % my hair are looking like a birds nest LOL. I don't straighten them out every single day. Only when I have to look somehow a bit civil :D
I think also it is a pain and anyway after 1-2 hours they curl up again. After my first husband died, I loose the half of my hair. A bit grow back, but not so full anymore. So since this I have them mostly shoulder long and shorter. But at the end , you have to feel good and this is what count.
You have to like your self ,this is the most important.
I like as example my eyes. They have a very beautiful amber color . ( Which you don't see here in this image properly) . When I get stressed, angry, they turn very dark, when I am relaxed, they have this warm golden amber tone and depending on the light, you can see even sparkles.
So, to hell with messy hair ,who care :D

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
After 3 double espresso , now I can write what I had in mind.
I believe in the rules of Karma and this is how I live my live. The most important rule for me, the Law of attraction. What you send out, you get back.
Live positive. Negativity attracts negativity. You live for your self, not others.
One of the most beautiful poems I ever read , here I share with you.

Butterflies can not see their own wings,
but the rest of the world can.
You, you are beautiful,
and while you may not see it.
We can .
:love:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I believe my mom was 24 when I was born. My dad a few years older. My dad was the next to youngest of 13 children and my mom was the oldest of five.

My dad's father and his mother's brother immigrated from Italy to the US to work on the railroad in Eastern Oregon. My dad's mother and the four oldest children immigrated a year or so later. His father had been a shoemaker in Italy, and at some point after immigrating had a shoemaker shop in town. At some point, his father also acquired land in both Oregon and Idaho and raised cattle. My dad sold his share of the ranch to his brothers when he moved to Eugene to go to college. Apparently, he wanted to be a coach. Didn't happen though.

My dad was born in the farmhouse in Idaho, but they also had a small two story house in town. The family home was abandoned after my dad's parents died, which would have been while my dad was still in high school. On one of our trips to Eastern Oregon to visit family, we got to go inside the old house. My uncle had actually used the house to stable horses, so it was in pretty bad shape. I remember my dad being upset about his brother stabling horses in the family home, as well as the condition he'd let it fall into. Not that he could really say much though. My uncle was one of the four born in Italy and my dad was a good 20 years younger.

What I remember most from visiting my aunts and uncles in Eastern Oregon was how every time they'd get together, they spent most of the time arguing about everything that had happened when they were growing up. They all remembered most everything differently, and they were adamant that what they remembered is what happened. On the drive back home, my dad would complain about how wrong all of them were. Especially, when it came to their mother. But when we asked why he never said anything during those arguments, he said there was no point. They were all too stubborn to listen to anyone else.

I've absolutely no idea what happened with the farmhouse in Idaho. Some of the ranch land was flooded when a dam was built on the Snake River and is now under the Brownlee Reservoir and part of the Farewell Bend State Recreation Area.

Anyway, what I really intended to say was that both my parents were really conservative and while neither were really all that old when I was born, I also had to wear skirts that were below my knees in the 60s. I'd beg my mom to make my skirts a few inches shorter, but no. I'd hike the skirts up a bit or roll the waistband. Not like I wanted my skirts to be halfway up my thighs. I just wanted to fit in enough that it wasn't so obvious I didn't fit in.

My dad didn't have much nice to say about those dang (not the word he used) hippies. Me ... I wanted to be one. But one didn't disobey my dad. And, my mom would have blamed herself as a failure as a mother if I'd become a hippie. Then too, I didn't graduate high school until 1971.

And, even though Eugene, Oregon, and the University of Oregon was just across the river from where I grew up, it was like the University of Oregon and all the protests and demonstrations were in another country.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
@Satira Capriccio
I had a aunt, the twin sister of my God Mother. I loved her like crazy. She was my inspiration during my childhood. Free mind, wild spirit. She had an Atelier at Montmartre and to visit her was for me like i step into a another world.

She always told me, don't be afraid to be different, be afraid to be the same. Never try to fit in , where you don't belong.

So, I never try to fit in a society which I dismiss. It makes you feel unhappy.
Be proud to be different, a bit crazy , not out of the box.
I never liked mini. Even as student, I wear dress, just a bit over my knees and most of the time longer. Jeans, T-shirt, tops, pullover. Some nice shirt. Flat shoes , or just a bit heels. Never ever high heels . Till today, I have this style. It fits me, I feel good.
What I want to say, you are different? Good!!!!. Never change.
The world need more Flamingos .
1611384074128.png

Carey

Extraordinary
awww thts lovey carey my cockatoo is a rescue to i got him from a recsue site i joined and adopted him if i had more room id adopt more as i love birds and i agree bird nees loving caring homes and i aldso would encourage any one to adopt thy can give u so much love
great, fantstic even. what people don't realize there are millions of birds in the usa in need of adoption. Warning it is very hard to stop at adopting just one bird. Our household is full of laughter, that is not counting our three laughing birds, though I must admit Bud's laugh is more like witches cackle....lol but what is not to laugh at with two birds that bark like dogs and a macaw that thinks he's a duck!