• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Damn.. someone hacked my credit card and go for a big woman's clothing shopping in MA :cautious::unsure:
how in the world they could use it in a local store ?! without physical card .. no shopping for me until next week .. :speechless:

being working last night on the official Dawn2 hair .. waiting for Chris approval , hopefully he like it ;)

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Damn.. someone hacked my credit card and go for a big woman's clothing shopping in MA :cautious::unsure:
how in the world they could use it in a local store ?! without physical card .. no shopping for me until next week .. :speechless:

being working last night on the official Dawn2 hair .. waiting for Chris approval , hopefully he like it ;)
Can not wait to see it!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist

Oh darn! Did the bank block the transaction, or did they get away with it? Believe me, they can use your card even if they don't have it physically. Happened to me once, and I was lucky I was using it to buy groceries when the thieves tried to use it at a city more than 3 hours away. The bank automatically detected the discrepancy and blocked the transaction, since I couldn't be at 2 different places [that far away] at the same time. I was lucky, I guess.

Go Cath, go! ^____^

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Oh darn! Did the bank block the transaction, or did they get away with it? Believe me, they can use your card even if they don't have it physically. Happened to me once, and I was lucky I was using it to buy groceries when the thieves tried to use it at a city more than 3 hours away. The bank automatically detected the discrepancy and blocked the transaction, since I couldn't be at 2 different places [that far away] at the same time. I was lucky, I guess.

Go Cath, go! ^____^
Yes they blocked everything .. new card coming next week .. and my money back soon too .. I am broken now , no milk no bread :laugh: :p ;)

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Ok here just little preview of the prototype .. Dawn2 base , official Chair .. WIP
Modeled by Chris and the rest by me .. lots of morphs with this one , and will be expanded to a rigged long ponytail later .

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-25 093423.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-25 093423.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 155
  • Screenshot 2022-01-25 093937.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-25 093937.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot 2022-01-25 094817.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-25 094817.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 176
  • Screenshot 2022-01-25 095305.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-25 095305.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 150
  • Screenshot 2022-01-25 100029.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-25 100029.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 154
  • Screenshot 2022-01-25 100722.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-25 100722.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 173
  • Screenshot 2022-01-25 100856.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-25 100856.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 159
  • Screenshot 2022-01-25 101127.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-25 101127.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 158
  • Screenshot 2022-01-25 101422.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-25 101422.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 153
  • Screenshot 2022-01-25 102204.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-25 102204.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 148

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I sense that not many of you are really excited by the hair style?
speak your mind , personally I would prefer the bun to be higher but I can make morph for it .
It is going together with her bikini for the starter main base to avoid high costs for you.
Personally have already over 50 hairstyles for Dawn2 , so I don't see here big deal .
Remember I am not posting for "liking" your opinions matter .

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, now that I think about it, a higher bun might be nice, especially, if as you mentioned, you are going to be including a ponytail. My only cause for hesitation is, I've seen a fair amount of hairstyles which are very similar, so would think you would want to make something reasonably different from those already in the 3D market.

Just my 2¢, FWIW.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Well, now that I think about it, a higher bun might be nice, especially, if as you mentioned, you are going to be including a ponytail. My only cause for hesitation is, I've seen a fair amount of hairstyles which are very similar, so would think you would want to make something reasonably different from those already in the 3D market.

Just my 2¢, FWIW.
Thanks Miss B , really appreciate it !

DanaTA

Distinguished
It looks good. It's not a style I prefer on women, but that's just a personal preference, so it doesn't matter.

Are all the other hair styles out there going to be compatible with Dawn 2? It was already stated that clothing will not be, because of the different base mesh. That's why I'm asking.

Dana

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
It looks good. It's not a style I prefer on women, but that's just a personal preference, so it doesn't matter.

Are all the other hair styles out there going to be compatible with Dawn 2? It was already stated that clothing will not be, because of the different base mesh. That's why I'm asking.

Dana
I can use any hair even from Genesis , just don't comfort the hair to the figure , only change the parenting and adjust the hair .. once the rigging is changed or shape , nothing will fits .. when you use autofit , you will lose the morphs .

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I made temporary morph for reference , as I like to wear my bun personality like that and not too thigh and more lose when I am on the beach or clean the house lol .
As Dana said , everyone have different taste we can't make everyone happy right ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-25 203626.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-25 203626.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot 2022-01-25 203735.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-25 203735.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 145

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Actually, that second one is the height I was thinking of, rather than straight out the back of the head in line with the ears.
Well , Chris going to decide what he would like to do with it , I am just doing the visual part of the job and texturing.
The hair is very well technically constructed , you can use translucent and hair shaders on it or use in real time rendering . Styles can be always morphed .

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I sense that not many of you are really excited by the hair style?
speak your mind , personally I would prefer the bun to be higher but I can make morph for it .
It is going together with her bikini for the starter main base to avoid high costs for you.
Personally have already over 50 hairstyles for Dawn2 , so I don't see here big deal .
Remember I am not posting for "liking" your opinions matter .
I'm really digging it. I heard once the more elaborate the clothing the more simple the hair. It's simple and elegant.

xyer0

Brilliant
There are very, very few well-done buns; so, this great one is a plus, but a bun as THE Dawn 2 Debut style is underwhelming---to me. However, a ponytail, braid, and some neck hair (like no other 3D hairstyles have) would put it over the top (which is where I spend most of my time).

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
If you do a morph, one that goes higher (like you have in the second set), one that goes lower to the base of the skull would be good too. The straight back tends to be a ballerina style, the high bun for tumbling, acrobatics, etc. and the low but for "night out" classy kind of style. Personally I go High up, but I do a figure eight and use a hair stick, it doesn't give me a headache, that way. It's pretty without being fussy and you can dress it up with a side bow, rhinestones or other accessories if you like. I don't know if I have a picture of it anywhere.

But, the base hair, is very versatile, anyway, it can be a braid, a ponytail, a bun, a french roll later, as well. And if it has that up/down morph, that gives you high, very high (top of head!), medium and low ponytails later on!

Just my thoughts. I loved doing updos as a hairdresser.