• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
If you do a morph, one that goes higher (like you have in the second set), one that goes lower to the base of the skull would be good too. The straight back tends to be a ballerina style, the high bun for tumbling, acrobatics, etc. and the low but for "night out" classy kind of style. Personally I go High up, but I do a figure eight and use a hair stick, it doesn't give me a headache, that way. It's pretty without being fussy and you can dress it up with a side bow, rhinestones or other accessories if you like. I don't know if I have a picture of it anywhere.

But, the base hair, is very versatile, anyway, it can be a braid, a ponytail, a bun, a french roll later, as well. And if it has that up/down morph, that gives you high, very high (top of head!), medium and low ponytails later on!

Just my thoughts. I loved doing updos as a hairdresser.
Thank you for your feedback dear , Chris liked the concept and he going to make proper changes with the updo morph for now . We are very late for any dramatic changes as it may delay again everything and we can't afford that right one . The base is wonderful so anything can be added later on .

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Well here it is , the updo morph Chris just created
Now you have the classic bun and the ballerina

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-27 045830.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-27 045830.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 162
  • Screenshot 2022-01-27 045928.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-27 045928.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 153
  • Screenshot 2022-01-27 045950.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-27 045950.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 153
  • Doutzen-Kroes-Sleek-Ballerina-Bun-Updo-Hairstyles.jpg
    Doutzen-Kroes-Sleek-Ballerina-Bun-Updo-Hairstyles.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 165
  • ha76.jpg
    ha76.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 175
  • Screenshot 2022-01-27 053259.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-27 053259.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 147

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I was testing all the nodes in Poser , come to conclusion only Cycles Surface node and it shaders produce what it should the proper way .
No other light in scene just my own HDRIs maps as light source .
The quality is incredible

Attachments

• Possr_Cycles_surface_PBR7.jpg
    Possr_Cycles_surface_PBR7.jpg
    610.5 KB · Views: 157
  • Possr_Cycles_surface_PBR.jpg
    Possr_Cycles_surface_PBR.jpg
    670.6 KB · Views: 164
  • Possr_Cycles_surface_PBR2.jpg
    Possr_Cycles_surface_PBR2.jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 157
  • Possr_Cycles_surface_PBR3.jpg
    Possr_Cycles_surface_PBR3.jpg
    497.6 KB · Views: 160
  • Possr_Cycles_surface_PBR5.jpg
    Possr_Cycles_surface_PBR5.jpg
    513.8 KB · Views: 161
  • Possr_Cycles_surface_PBR4.jpg
    Possr_Cycles_surface_PBR4.jpg
    508.8 KB · Views: 159
  • Possr_Cycles_surface_PBR6.jpg
    Possr_Cycles_surface_PBR6.jpg
    507.2 KB · Views: 162
  • Possr_Cycles_surface_PBR8.jpg
    Possr_Cycles_surface_PBR8.jpg
    684.7 KB · Views: 160

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Love them Cath, and especially the 7th render, as I know that scene in real life. :D
I knew you will know this one, I have lots of them from around the city when there was zero tourist , one in a lifetime opportunity
3-Central Park NYC
4-Central Park NYC
5-Liberty Park NJ
6-7 are the same location just front and back NYC
8-1 China Garden Snug Harbor NY
2-Snug Harbor SI NY

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Your hair work is fantastic Cath!

I modeled this bun hair many years back for Dawn, and had a whole thread on it's making.

I'm so happy that it will now see the light of day with Dawn 2.

Thanks to you and your wonderful map work, others will enjoy it now too.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist

I modeled this bun hair many years back for Dawn, and had a whole thread on it's making.

Thank you Chris ! :inlove:
you more than welcome !

Last edited:

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist

I thought it was the same one, and there were lots of wonderful suggestions, then, as well.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
So here is AVA , the main PBR character for Dawn 2.0 Base that you will get together with Dawn 2.0 as a starter to play with .
The image is called "DUNE" I was feeling for something else while warming up in Poser12 .. being 7 years since I used it for rendering .

click for original version
AVA Shima Dawn2_mec4d.net_2022.jpg

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I was trying to recreate some of my iray shaders in Poser 12/ cycles , for translucent fabrics and velvety suede kind of look

Attachments

• test3_clothingPoser12_mec4d.net.jpg
    test3_clothingPoser12_mec4d.net.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 147
  • test4_velvet_clothingPoser12_mec4d.net.jpg
    test4_velvet_clothingPoser12_mec4d.net.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 148
  • test6_velvet_clothingPoser12_mec4d.net.jpg
    test6_velvet_clothingPoser12_mec4d.net.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 149
  • test7_velvet_clothingPoser12_mec4d.net.jpg
    test7_velvet_clothingPoser12_mec4d.net.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 147
  • test8_velvet_clothingPoser12_mec4d.net.jpg
    test8_velvet_clothingPoser12_mec4d.net.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 147

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
"You're coming home with me."
I LOVE that hair! Does it come with AVA?
No, this hair just temporary , if I have still enough time I may add one more, little sexy style , she will have very natural and realistic PBR body style as well , I wish I can post it but it is too much .. she needs some clothing .. and of course anatomically correct but for now only morph based anatomy .

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
You know you are going to drag me kicking and screaming into using Cycles honey! LOL

I LOVE the green velvet material. So pretty!

WOOF!

So are you creating these in Substance Painter? If so I have questions! LOL

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
You know you are going to drag me kicking and screaming into using Cycles honey! LOL

I LOVE the green velvet material. So pretty!

WOOF!

So are you creating these in Substance Painter? If so I have questions! LOL
Thank you Richard , but that are my own procedural shaders all made inside Poser 12 using Cycles shader nodes, I don't use Substance Painter , I was testing it before it was released to the public , then Adobe asked me to pay for it , well that is not how I do business .. I am not supporting it .. . I prefer my camera, Photoshop and good eye lol there is nothing inside SP that I can't do .

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
AVA is spectacular Cath! Well done. Very impressive work.
Thank you Chris , she have a spectacular foundation ;) , can't price it enough ! thank you .
------
I want to make things clear , Dawn 2.0 base is modeled the exactly way by Chris that we shape makers can push it to another level and do what we want with it without limits . This means extra smoothed surfaces , perfect physically based proportions and ratio, even the iris and eyeballs have the true world massuments diameter .. who thinks of that ? well Chris did ..
We wanted to have Dawn 2.0 to be the perfect "mother clay " "the mother of all living" because if you had a base that is already sharp formed , there would be hard time to make any changes for you, for that reason you get AVA as a testimony that things can be done only if you want . Dawn 2.0 base is very adorable on her own and already a character even if you don't do anything with her and just push the button to render . But we don't want Dawn 2 to be the first and the last .. That why me and Chris called the first Dawn 2.0 based character AVA , and she is not going to be the last either, it's just the beginning ...
Ava's name meanings : Full of life, living one, to breathe or live.
Another versions of Ava : Eva ,Eve, Ewa , Eua, Eyva
Ava's English pronouncing : Eyva

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
@Miss B and other Poser users
P12-VS-DS4.5_mec4d_test1.jpg
P12-VS-DS4.5_mec4d_test2.jpg
First test with HDRI and PBR surfaces

What you see here are the same PBR shader surfaces setting for Poser12 Cycles/Superfly and DazStudio MDL/Iray with the same values , plus only my standard HDRi map for lighting .

Now guess for me , what was rendered in Poser12 and what in DS.. A or B

I did skipped one setting in the shader so I can see the difference myself , other way there was none visible .

Now if you take the same values and lighting across other softwares like Blender, Octane or Maya , you will get the same result , that what PBR is offering and Poser12 is no longer behind them .

I will post the answer tomorrow .. I hope this will ends the "My milkshakes are better than yours " thing once and forever ..

Cath

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
:yeahthat: I agree with Rich, as the A renders are ever so slightly lighter/brighter than the B renders. Taking a quick look, they look exactly the same, but when studying them, this is what I see, and what I think is the reason.