• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Ok beautiful people .. The answer is ..........

A = DazStudio

B= Poser12

no one of you had correct answer

I was shocked , I did not expect Poser/Superfly would process real HDRI maps so accurately , sharp and with great contrast on default without tone mapping functions.

big kudos to the Dev.Team for listening and to you for taking your time to answer ..

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, I'm shocked!! I was so certain it was the other way around, though as I mentioned earlier, at a quick glance they look the same, so kudos to you for being able to accomplish that!! :D

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
OK, I'm shocked!! I was so certain it was the other way around, though as I mentioned earlier, at a quick glance they look the same, so kudos to you for being able to accomplish that!! :D
Thanks Miss B , the power of proper HDRI at work .. very pleased with the results , it will make things much easier from one on

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Ok beautiful people .. The answer is ..........

A = DazStudio

B= Poser12

no one of you had correct answer

I was shocked , I did not expect Poser/Superfly would process real HDRI maps so accurately , sharp and with great contrast on default without tone mapping functions.

big kudos to the Dev.Team for listening and to you for taking your time to answer ..
I was too late!!!!
I was going to say A= Daz and B= Poser12...but you already gave the answer, but now no one will believe me! lol

But, I didn't decide from the shadows on the person.... I chose for a different reason...But, it does have to do with shadows.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Dak, are you talking about the shadows on the grass to the right of character B?

The only thing that made me see is character A is closer to the camera, so not casting a shadow we could see on the grass. Why would that tell you character B was rendered in Poser 12?

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I was too late!!!!
I was going to say A= Daz and B= Poser12...but you already gave the answer, but now no one will believe me! lol

But, I didn't decide from the shadows on the person.... I chose for a different reason...But, it does have to do with shadows.
Sorry about the early answer .. next time I will wait little longer .. so far nobody answered it right and one person was simply guessing, they all go for the less quality B thinking Poser would not be better but it was. DS \iray is blurred out due to pixel filter even if set on low it still blur it out including shadows . So actually you never can get really crispy renders .
After all the new amazing character will be done it gonna looks amazing and crispy perfect ..

I can make different shadows sharpness while shooting my HDRi, this include the level of darkness \brightness and color overcast but usually I keep the shadows gray .

xyer0

Brilliant
Well, well. That's very good news. But can a regular dunce like me get your results?
Of course, since I'm so heavily invested in Genesis and Iray shaders, it doesn't matter so much for me. But I haven't upgraded from Poser 11 Pro; so, it might be worth the trouble of 12---unless they changed the fbx implementation (since that's all I'm using Poser for at the moment).

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Well, well. That's very good news. But can a regular dunce like me get your results?
Of course, since I'm so heavily invested in Genesis and Iray shaders, it doesn't matter so much for me. But I haven't upgraded from Poser 11 Pro; so, it might be worth the trouble of 12---unless they changed the fbx implementation (since that's all I'm using Poser for at the moment).
As long you get the proper HDRi you can, but it only will works in Poser12 , you can still use them in iray as the results are the same by default , so all you need is to load the HDRi maps .
The fact that Poser rendered it a little better don't means iray is bad , iray have a lot of functions to improve it , but my tests was to prove that HDRI maps render the same way in any PBR rendering as long you use proper HDRi maps by default .
I want now really fade the differences between the 2 software as you can get the same result so whatever you use is all good .. cameras don't take pictures, you do .. Once PSR have unimesh things gone be just normal again and people will be able to switch between programs or use the same morphs .
I did put my shaders in Poser from iray and it worked too the same way .. especially my shaders as the most values are in maps ..

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I took Alisa for a NYC tour this morning .. :inlove:
rendered only with my own NYC HDRI maps for lighting .
Dawn2_Alisa_Toon4_mec4d.net_2022.jpg

Attachments

• Dawn2_Alisa_Toon1_mec4d.net_2022.jpg
    Dawn2_Alisa_Toon1_mec4d.net_2022.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 161
  • Dawn2_Alisa_Toon2_mec4d.net_2022.jpg
    Dawn2_Alisa_Toon2_mec4d.net_2022.jpg
    560.8 KB · Views: 165
  • Dawn2_Alisa_Toon3_mec4d.net_2022.jpg
    Dawn2_Alisa_Toon3_mec4d.net_2022.jpg
    658.9 KB · Views: 162
  • Dawn2_Alisa_Toon5_mec4d.net_2022.jpg
    Dawn2_Alisa_Toon5_mec4d.net_2022.jpg
    579.5 KB · Views: 164
  • Dawn2_Alisa_Toon6_mec4d.net_2022.jpg
    Dawn2_Alisa_Toon6_mec4d.net_2022.jpg
    565.1 KB · Views: 161
  • Dawn2_Alisa_Toon7_mec4d.net_2022.jpg
    Dawn2_Alisa_Toon7_mec4d.net_2022.jpg
    636.6 KB · Views: 161

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Alisa is a cute anime character Cath, and I really enjoyed seeing the NY City scenes. ;)
Thanks Miss B , I am thinking to make her into anime character with regular hair and cute outfits .
On this early pandemic day I was walking 16 miles all days long shutting everything around as the weather was wonderful and of course zero tourists and people, you don't get that opportunity more than once in a lifetime , but then my legs gives up in Chinatown and I need Uber to rescue me lol I finished Center Park the next day but was little cloudy so mostly soft light box pictures .

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
As for me and the shadows... You have been working in Poser, and the first picture had one Dawn with a shadow, and one Dawn without a shadow (on the ground). Since you have been working in Poser, it was 99% that the one with the shadow was Poser, and then you rendered and cut/pasted the other Dawn into the picture, because they were both on the same background. (but not shadow for her.)

And that is how I knew.

Otherwise, your images are impecable!

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
As for me and the shadows... You have been working in Poser, and the first picture had one Dawn with a shadow, and one Dawn without a shadow (on the ground). Since you have been working in Poser, it was 99% that the one with the shadow was Poser, and then you rendered and cut/pasted the other Dawn into the picture, because they were both on the same background. (but not shadow for her.)

And that is how I knew.

Otherwise, your images are impecable!
Smart thinking ! I was too lazy , if not the shadow not you or the other person would guessed , but there was shadow on the DS version It was cut off when I placed the alpha on top of the Poser render . Anyway it was to show off what Poser can do as we know already what iray can do.

Last edited: