• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
:drawing: Working on the fine details on Mimi's skin , hand sculpted displacement and normal maps , now she turned into Charlize Theron, Mimi is a chameleon, a woman with a 1000 and one more face .. :geek:

First picture is just morph base, after that fine details that was not possible to do with just base morph shape.
sorry for the green color, it helps me with my eyes , less strained while working for hours. Tonight going to test the new skin out
I will do it all for the full body ! it gonna be some work !

this type of skin preparation is necessary for proper work of SSS shaders , no matter what program you use

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-03 142123.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-03 142123.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 127
  • Screenshot 2021-04-03 160913.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-03 160913.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot 2021-04-03 161014.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-03 161014.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot 2021-04-03 161127.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-03 161127.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot 2021-04-03 160627.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-03 160627.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot 2021-04-03 160814.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-03 160814.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 109

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Looks like Charlize indeed! Those are some of the most known faces on the planet! :D
The high camera focal point do the trick here , looks different on lower focal
Charlize is cool ! strong and beautiful woman , I don't mind :laugh: , I wonder how many other faces show up while working on this character ! this is my favorite part before clothing. Waited for this almost 2 months .

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The high camera focal point do the trick here , looks different on lower focal
Charlize is cool ! strong and beautiful woman , I don't mind :laugh: , I wonder how many other faces show up while working on this character ! this is my favorite part before clothing. Waited for this almost 2 months .

I am waiting for D2's clone, so I can get started transferring my morphs to her, to include the brand new Athena body sculpt I just made. Paul said it will be available on the next beta. I had to look into the face rig closely to make the control rig tool, and discovered a number of issues I have passed back to Paul, so he can take care of it, as well as an issue of inverted axis on the right pectoral bone. With more of us helping beta-test D2, there will be little chance something will be missed. :)

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Maybe would be better if we talk about it in the pre-lunch section so we know about the issues , because I would not know it if you did not told me , I go myself into technical stuff when the final beta is ready. As you said early the posing is doing well but there is something that bother me on the shoulders , it also reflect on the clothing so I have to fix it when making my characters adding something extra . I need to wait for the facial rigging to be complete so I can work on my dynamic facial expressions for the rigging that gonna be on another level never seeing before . :cool: sorry no time to be modest here .. :laugh:

Daniel Hicks(OganicPic)

Eager
Contributing Artist
:drawing: Working on the fine details on Mimi's skin , hand sculpted displacement and normal maps , now she turned into Charlize Theron, Mimi is a chameleon, a woman with a 1000 and one more face .. :geek:

First picture is just morph base, after that fine details that was not possible to do with just base morph shape.
sorry for the green color, it helps me with my eyes , less strained while working for hours. Tonight going to test the new skin out
I will do it all for the full body ! it gonna be some work !

this type of skin preparation is necessary for proper work of SSS shaders , no matter what program you use
THe detail love it !

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Did you guys saw today the Pharaohs Golden Parade in Egypt , was so beautiful , they all moved to the new museum , done with highest respect to the ancient Kings and Queens , very cool event. Only Nefertiti was missing

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Maybe would be better if we talk about it in the pre-lunch section so we know about the issues , because I would not know it if you did not told me , I go myself into technical stuff when the final beta is ready. As you said early the posing is doing well but there is something that bother me on the shoulders , it also reflect on the clothing so I have to fix it when making my characters adding something extra . I need to wait for the facial rigging to be complete so I can work on my dynamic facial expressions for the rigging that gonna be on another level never seeing before . :cool: sorry no time to be modest here .. :laugh:

If you find anything that affects posing or conforming items, this is the time to speak out, so Paul can do something about it. I have found a number of things and passed the info back to him - you probably saw it on the emails? More recently I have reported more on the facial rig, mostly naming inconsistencies, nothing serious. The Control Rig tool will have to wait until all the bones are in place and properly named. There are extra "global" controls for the face that aren't working yet, and I want to add them all to the tool. Most of the posing issues I have found were on the torso, and a little issue on the top of the shoulders and back of the neck. I believe they all could be quickly fixed by adjusting the weight maps.

And YES, let's make something never seen before! My Python Control Rig tool, I believe has never been done before in Poser. I find it better than having chips on top of the face, making it hard to see what I am doing. The tool can also include additional control points that automate posing in a visual way, but I will need a more complete rig to play with that and see how it works. This has never been done before, so it's new even to me. I am eager to see how that will behave. ^___^

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Yes it is still the same character Mimi , I can't follow her anymore .. lol she reminds me here of another Slavic girl, young Joanna Pacula , especially the eyebrows and eyes

Happy Holidays / Happy Easter :flower01:
Screenshot 2021-04-04 041203.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-04 054629.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-04 054629.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
She's gorgeous Cath. Extremely well done. :D
Thank you Miss B , one thing that bother me still are the ears , the lower part how it attach to the head , I need to make less distance

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thank you Miss B , one thing that bother me still are the ears , the lower part how it attach to the head , I need to make less distance
Ahhh, I hadn't noticed that at first, but now I see what you mean. The lower portions, where you would have earrings, are a bit away from her head.