• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
What is this Red Sedona you mention?

Dana

There is a place in Arizona called Sedona that is famous for the red rocks that surround the region. It is a unique place, sacred to the natives, and that has become a magnet for the mystic people in the US. It is also the only place in the world where the Mc Donald arches are turquoise instead of golden. I believe that's what most likely Cath was referring to.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Here comes the queen again, finally the head morph is done , now I can focus on the cap crown and dress .
This one is symmetrical morph , but I have also non symmetrical exactly as the bust of Nefertiti.
this outfit is just temporary to cover her body and for visualization

View attachment 68064
I have no words. Except amazing.
Will you sell your stuff in Bundles? Would be cool, I plan to buy the whole collection. Dawn and Dusk2 will be a game changer with your amazing Bundles.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
I love people with red hair , they looks beautiful , I have one friend her real name is Sedona .. like the "Red Sedona " and so are her hair color.
My husband's scalp hair are as thick as his facial hair , but his eyelashes and eyebrows are so fine half the diameter . He got his hair from his mother and she is a Portuguese white woman , and her hair is superb , I guess no matter where we come from, matter what we got in the genes.
So true. I am such a mixed person, you never would believe. Italien, French, German, Hungarian. And from where I have my red hair, nobody knows. Maybe some Irish grand, grand parent? But what count is the person. Not color or origin . :inlove:

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
O My, I really need to keep my savings. By the looks of it you are going to cost me money! I mean, wow!
Once upon a long moon ago, when I was a young sprite, I wrote stories. Inspired by Jules Verne and later Tolkien I imagined a world filled with characters. And I swear, if one person can make them come alive it's you.
These characters are drop dead gorgeous.
I'm wishlisting them now allready.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
So true. I am such a mixed person, you never would believe. Italien, French, German, Hungarian. And from where I have my red hair, nobody knows. Maybe some Irish grand, grand parent? But what count is the person. Not color or origin . :inlove:
I am Polish,German, Austrian,Italian, Argentinian and only the gene pool knows what else, plus I have B Rh+ blood type, , thankfully my hubby too so we can share with each other lol I got the looks from my German/Austrian mother and dark colors from the Italians , I dyed my hair red for a while, but usually I dye blonde now. My mother had mint green eye color, almost light teal, I only saw another person with this eye color "my friend from school " and she had also natural red long curly hair like a carrot , explosive combination !
I think I saw your picture somewhere , I remember the red hair , looks very cute with the Italian features of yours :)

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I have no words. Except amazing.
Will you sell your stuff in Bundles? Would be cool, I plan to buy the whole collection. Dawn and Dusk2 will be a game changer with your amazing Bundles.
Thank you, I think I will and also made a plan already how to make it more affordable for everyone , but about that later .
Many people thought that was Genesis figures , got quiet after I mentioned D2 lol

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
O My, I really need to keep my savings. By the looks of it you are going to cost me money! I mean, wow!
Once upon a long moon ago, when I was a young sprite, I wrote stories. Inspired by Jules Verne and later Tolkien I imagined a world filled with characters. And I swear, if one person can make them come alive it's you.
These characters are drop dead gorgeous.
I'm wishlisting them now allready.
Thank you Pom , so happy to hear you like them, it give me inspirations to do more , I can't wait to see what you all do with it .
I did not made any characters for our community for some time now, like 8 years or something , I was waiting for D2 lol just kidding

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I'm glad you said that because I was thinking that she could pass for Indonesian/Malay/Filipina as well as Mexican or Central American. I was surprised to find when I lived in Indonesia so many Mayan/Aztec-type temples there. As a result, I came across the story of a Scandinavian (I forget his name) who theorized that the Indonesians/Malays and MesoAmericans were the same people (and if you've ever been to the Jakarta International Airport and visited Mexico you'd have to concur); so, he rowed an ancient-style canoe from Chile to the Pacific Islands to prove it could be done.
I just made one preview and was thinking to myself, wow she looks Persian, then Filipina , then another I was thinking Mayan/Aztec lol. you know the head shape , eyes and the bump on her nose could explain that Mayan/Aztec look , where the ancient Egyptian got cocaine from ? it did not grow in Egypt , maybe they bring the coca plant from West South America , people have enough time for 12 000 years to move back and forth , we have no idea how advanced they were for real but there is connection between them all .
If the Australian Aboriginal find their way to West South America and Amazon , why not South Americans or Indonesians to North Africa .
Ancient Egypt was the cultural center after the Sumerians for so long, so many nations move in and out through this land , I believe if you want to see how really people looks in ancient Egypt , look the Brazilian people today.

I was looking yesterday for ancient fabric references and found some ancient wall paintings them doing the fabric, with people of all skin colors shades and hair from white, blonde to black , working and living in peace and harmony . So many nations under one roof bringing and sharing their knowledge .

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
What is this Red Sedona you mention?

Dana
I was thinking you living in the states Dana ? as Ken already explained to you in early reply.
Red Sedona color is also sort of red clay , brick , Mars ? lol

DanaTA

Distinguished
I was thinking you living in the states Dana ? as Ken already explained to you in early reply.
Red Sedona color is also sort of red clay , brick , Mars ? lol
Yes, I live in the U.S., but I haven't traveled that much. You were talking about hair color, so I thought that maybe you meant Red Sonja. At least, that's what came to my mind. I've read about Sedona, but never heard it referred to as Red Sedona. I've heard of Red Rock.

Dana

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Yes, I live in the U.S., but I haven't traveled that much. You were talking about hair color, so I thought that maybe you meant Red Sonja. At least, that's what came to my mind. I've read about Sedona, but never heard it referred to as Red Sedona. I've heard of Red Rock.

Dana
Ok that explains .. Red rock is the traditional name used , but because of the Red Sedona color, many people call it that too, I think there is also Red Sedona resort now . For European Red Sedona name means more specific than Red rock. There can be only one Red Sedona ;)
Red Sonja in Sedona works too ! lol

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I was going back into the elements and decided to make actual groups so people that like to render in cartoon mode can have nice colors , textures not working with that . It would be also easier to setup materials since this part are made from metal and gemstone only

Edit: started on the inner tight dress part, Nefertiti was showing less skin compared to the old kingdom times .. or maybe Akhenaten wanted her just for his own eyes ..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-28 120640.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-28 120640.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot 2021-03-28 120745.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-28 120745.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot 2021-03-28 121005.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-28 121005.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot 2021-03-28 121630.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-28 121630.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot 2021-03-28 134508.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-28 134508.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot 2021-03-28 134541.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-28 134541.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Here is the official dress of Nefertiti , you know when she aged the inner dress was longer and longer , at younger age it was shorter above the knees
Now I have to wait with the production as I need to rig it , maybe I do temporary rig to see how it looks like in action, I still need to make the necklace , sandals, hand props

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-28 153014.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-28 153014.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 99
  • Screenshot 2021-03-28 152942.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-28 152942.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot 2021-03-28 152907.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-28 152907.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot 2021-03-28 152847.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-28 152847.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot 2021-03-28 161911.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-28 161911.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot 2021-03-28 161937.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-28 161937.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
not me lol I will never have short hair and too long dresses lol
but I was surprised to see it in ancient Egypt

Those royal dresses were long, but also rather transparent, as seen on mural paintings of that period. The semi-transparent white linen gown was exclusive to the Pharaoh's favorite wife, where none of the others could own one. No matter its length, Nefertiti was the only one allowed to wear it. Being such a privilege, it appears she worn it often.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Those royal dresses were long, but also rather transparent, as seen on mural paintings of that period. The semi-transparent white linen gown was exclusive to the Pharaoh's favorite wife, where none of the others could own one. No matter its length, Nefertiti was the only one allowed to wear it. Being such a privilege, it appears she worn it often.
Actually 2 dresses , one tight and one semi transparent outside , the dress of the goddess , so only she was allowed to wear it , however she had shorter version of it when she was young , not the semi transparent part the inner tight dress

I started working on the necklace , Gods of Egypt why ? lol it is already 100K , still little to go on the sides .. I should do just the gold plane necklace would be easier .. oh well ..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-28 182926.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-28 182926.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot 2021-03-28 182848.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-28 182848.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot 2021-03-28 182820.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-28 182820.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 70

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Darn, that's a lot of work. What if you baked a normal map over the high definition one, and made a lower-res version as well? Unless in close-up renders, people may not notice the difference.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Darn, that's a lot of work. What if you baked a normal map over the high definition one, and made a lower-res version as well? Unless in close-up renders, people may not notice the difference.
It's the low resolution , every gemstone is separate, even if I decimate it , it would be more than now . 100K is not a big deal here , the bits are, have to put them all manual one by one , but may looks beautiful when rendered .. I will see how practical it will be , I still can bake it all into golden plate for far away renders .