• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Beside King Tut , the rest of the family members did not had any deformations

I suppose the dispute started from the odd way Akhenaten was portraited, even with androgynous features and odd proportions that might had indicated a shape deforming disease. However, that could be dismissed by the way he claimed Aten to be both the father and mother of everything, and that he considered himself as Aten's only son. Studies on this field become increasingly difficult as Akhenaten's written history and artefacts were vandalized/destroyed/altered after his death, leaving space for some level of speculation. Nonetheless, it is most likely Akhenaten didn't have any deformations like his son Tutankhaten had.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Oh my! I can't wait! But I'll have to.
I spent already more days on Nefertiti than any other face so far .. the details are so crucial , edited again the eyes but now looks so much better , will post the final face shape when I finish tonight as I want it to be my best sculpt ever , I have only one shot on this project and since it is reconstruction I can't go the easy way, there is enough of misfits over the years already done by others lol

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmm, and now what are we going to do for proper clothing? Hmmm. I "think" I remember clothing of that era somewhere, but don't recall where, or for what character(s).

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Hmmm, and now what are we going to do for proper clothing? Hmmm. I "think" I remember clothing of that era somewhere, but don't recall where, or for what character(s).
They going to be fully dressed with proper clothing as well as I am going to make it. The clothing others made are nice but mostly fantasy only, not wanted metal pots on their heads this time, there is a lot of appreciation for historic accurate stuff in our community and outside. I have very good resources for each Era .

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Here comes the queen again, finally the head morph is done , now I can focus on the cap crown and dress .
This one is symmetrical morph , but I have also non symmetrical exactly as the bust of Nefertiti.
this outfit is just temporary to cover her body and for visualization

nefertiti test Mec4d.net.jpg

Attachments

• nefertiti test Mec4d2.net.jpg
    nefertiti test Mec4d2.net.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 102
  • nefertiti test Mec4d3.net.jpg
    nefertiti test Mec4d3.net.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 113
  • nefertiti test Mec4d4.net.jpg
    nefertiti test Mec4d4.net.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 113
  • nefertiti test Mec4d7.net.jpg
    nefertiti test Mec4d7.net.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 109
  • nefertiti test Mec4d46net.jpg
    nefertiti test Mec4d46net.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 144
  • nefertiti test Mec4d45net.jpg
    nefertiti test Mec4d45net.jpg
    465.2 KB · Views: 120
  • Screenshot 2021-03-27 032408.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-27 032408.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 115
  • Screenshot 2021-03-27 043235.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-27 043235.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot 2021-03-27 045350.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-27 045350.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot 2021-03-27 045530.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-27 045530.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot 2021-03-27 045810.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-27 045810.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Wowsa! You brought her to life! She could walk down the street and blend in. No one would know that she's the queen. And she's still making history, thanks to you, Cath!
Thank you, I see so many ethnic groups in her, depends of the light settings and angle , always a new face emerges . I need to work on the texture for her as I am using my standard painted testing textures, with more natural eyebrows and proper make-up it is going to looks much better.

And you're right, she can just blend in and nobody would known , I am surprised because I thought she will looks toonish if I keep exactly her proportions with the sculpture, but Thutmose proved me wrong . ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
She seems to have Persian facial features. The bible mentions about a dozen famous Persian queens, where they used to be more common there than in Egypt. Her name could be an indication of her foreign origins, but even that is debatable. Her reign was short, but it has marked the richest period of Egyptian dynasties. Her throne was decorated with smitten enemies, which was something only reserved to kings. As far as I know, her mummy was never found, so her slumber is still as undisturbed as of the ark of the covenant.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Fiber hair render much faster than strands hair, especially with iray or Cycles . The file size is also small once exported, you gonna be fine.
Setting the right diameter is not easy, I always use the facial stubs from the textures to choose the right diameter. The settings of the materials is also important as it gives the course or soft look too. I have very fine scalp hair and a lot, my husband's hair are very coarse but on the lower density. The most coarse hair are East Asian hair, 10 layers of cuticles and very round where caucasian have around 5 layers and are more oval in shape, African hair are more flat oval in shape . All the types of hair reflecting the light differently . Asian hair have the most beautiful shine due to its round shape like a cylinder.
Nice to see someone else that understands hair! Red heads come in a lot of varieties, too (the natural kind) Some have coarse curly hair, some have finer hair, but all have lower density than any other natural hair type. I have curly/fine (ringlets when it's in good condition). Asian and Native American often grows straight out from the head, so when cut short it stand out in all directions (you have to be really careful when cutting it!) And I notice that no one every puts cow-licks in hair! lol

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
She seems to have Persian facial features. The bible mentions about a dozen famous Persian queens, where they used to be more common there than in Egypt. Her name could be an indication of her foreign origins, but even that is debatable. Her reign was short, but it has marked the richest period of Egyptian dynasties. Her throne was decorated with smitten enemies, which was something only reserved to kings. As far as I know, her mummy was never found, so her slumber is still as undisturbed as of the ark of the covenant.
Her name in Sumerian sounds the same and means From the land by the water .
I was suspected Haitian at first, but then you see from different angle and it change, the eyes are the trick.. her daughters had the same eyes
In her time Egypt ruled from Syria to Sudan so a lot of nations passed by , it was a center of the world.
There is a mummy that describe exactly every detail The Young Lady , the mummy is the mother of King Tut, they could test it out because they have Nefertiti sister .. but for some reason Egypt hide things regarding the ethnicities of the 18th dynasty people .
The ark was probably in the Sanctuary of Amarna, then later they took it out when they left the desert . ;)

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Nice to see someone else that understands hair! Red heads come in a lot of varieties, too (the natural kind) Some have coarse curly hair, some have finer hair, but all have lower density than any other natural hair type. I have curly/fine (ringlets when it's in good condition). Asian and Native American often grows straight out from the head, so when cut short it stand out in all directions (you have to be really careful when cutting it!) And I notice that no one every puts cow-licks in hair! lol
I love people with red hair , they looks beautiful , I have one friend her real name is Sedona .. like the "Red Sedona " and so are her hair color.
My husband's scalp hair are as thick as his facial hair , but his eyelashes and eyebrows are so fine half the diameter . He got his hair from his mother and she is a Portuguese white woman , and her hair is superb , I guess no matter where we come from, matter what we got in the genes.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Her name in Sumerian sounds the same and means From the land by the water .

I wouldn't be surprised if Nefertiti came from Sumeria. Their 2 major cities, Sumer and Uhr, were located in the middle, between the rivers Euphrates and Tigris, and they have marked the most advanced civilization of that time, with the first written language (rich literature), and a model of city much alike what we have nowadays, with public buildings, running water, temples, and residential areas. Some historians believe Sumeria was the actual cradle of modern civilization, from where the Egyptians, Greeks and Romans later copied their culture and religion. According to the bible, Abraham, the Hebrew patriarch, also came from Uhr with his family, and look at all he did. If Nefertiti did come from Sumer or Uhr, that would explain her Persian features, since Persia was just across the Tigris river. :)

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I wouldn't be surprised if Nefertiti came from Sumeria. Their 2 major cities, Sumer and Uhr, were located in the middle, between the rivers Euphrates and Tigris, and they have marked the most advanced civilization of that time, with the first written language (rich literature), and a model of city much alike what we have nowadays, with public buildings, running water, temples, and residential areas. Some historians believe Sumeria was the actual cradle of modern civilization, from where the Egyptians, Greeks and Romans later copied their culture and religion. According to the bible, Abraham, the Hebrew patriarch, also came from Uhr with his family, and look at all he did. If Nefertiti did come from Sumer or Uhr, that would explain her Persian features, since Persia was just across the Tigris river. :)
I believe Sumeria was the first and short after the first dynasty of Egypt. Nefertiti father was not Egyptian , but must be someone important to promise his daughter to the future king of Egypt at a Young age, she married at 15. I believe he was some sort of adviser and also becomes Pharaoh himself after King Tut death and probably helped his daughter to become the mysterious under cover Pharaoh. Thankfully they used fake beards .. lol

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Worked today on the cap crown , fixed the frontal Uraeus decor, not as much time for PC today but tomorrow maybe a chance to start the dress.

Screenshot 2021-03-27 231340.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-27 231232.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-27 231232.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot 2021-03-27 231412.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-27 231412.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot 2021-03-27 231510.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-27 231510.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 71

DanaTA

Distinguished
I love people with red hair , they looks beautiful , I have one friend her real name is Sedona .. like the "Red Sedona " and so are her hair color.
My husband's scalp hair are as thick as his facial hair , but his eyelashes and eyebrows are so fine half the diameter . He got his hair from his mother and she is a Portuguese white woman , and her hair is superb , I guess no matter where we come from, matter what we got in the genes.
What is this Red Sedona you mention?

Dana

xyer0

Brilliant
Thank you, I see so many ethnic groups in her, depends of the light settings and angle , always a new face emerges .
I'm glad you said that because I was thinking that she could pass for Indonesian/Malay/Filipina as well as Mexican or Central American. I was surprised to find when I lived in Indonesia so many Mayan/Aztec-type temples there. As a result, I came across the story of a Scandinavian (I forget his name) who theorized that the Indonesians/Malays and MesoAmericans were the same people (and if you've ever been to the Jakarta International Airport and visited Mexico you'd have to concur); so, he rowed an ancient-style canoe from Chile to the Pacific Islands to prove it could be done.