• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
I was taking some drawing lessons, and that's when the dark circle around the iris came out. The first lesson was on how to draw the eye. :)
That's good, I do it in my Art school .
BTW I always wanted to ask you, your logo's elements reminds me of a Brazilian flag .. or it is just me?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Good eye! The Brazilian flag is rather unknown by most people. My mother was Brazilian, and my father is Japanese, so it's a mix of both flags. ^___^

It's also my KK initials, one K on top of the other, but perhaps that's not easy to see.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Good eye! The Brazilian flag is rather unknown by most people. My mother was Brazilian, and my father is Japanese, so it's a mix of both flags. ^___^

It's also my KK initials, one K on top of the other, but perhaps that's not easy to see.
That make sense now , the red color, nice
Well my husband was born in Brazil and you share your birthday with him ;) I have japanese brother in law lol international family.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I am going to work tonight on the teeth again and trying out my D2 African shape, and also working on one more shape for D2, the last one for now going to be the most unique you ever came across , probably you never did, what will make this character project most special, as there is no one on the market that come closer.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
It took me longer than expected tonight .. meet the new Queen, the authentic shape of #Nefertiti for D2 based on her bust that I saw for the last time in 1992 in Berlin.

Screenshot 2021-03-25 045413-nefertiti.jpg
Nefertiti Cartouche : Beautiful are the Beauties of Aten , the Beautiful one has come

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-25 031540.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-25 031540.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot 2021-03-25 031250.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-25 031250.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot 2021-03-25 031317.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-25 031317.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot 2021-03-25 031444.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-25 031444.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
It took me longer than expected tonight .. meet the new Queen, the authentic shape of #Nefertiti for D2 based on her bust that I saw for the last time in 1992 in Berlin.

I saw that bust in London in the 70s, and wow, this looks just like her - awesome job!! o_O

xyer0

Brilliant

View attachment 68053

Nefertiti Cartouche : Beautiful are the Beauties of Aten , the Beautiful one has come
Ooooooh!! I hope her husband, Akhenaten, is coming next! I've been trying to dial morph him on Genesis 8 Female (because she has more morphs available than the male) for years, but my version always looks toonish. MEC4D for the save!

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Ooooooh!! I hope her husband, Akhenaten, is coming next! I've been trying to dial morph him on Genesis 8 Female (because she has more morphs available than the male) for years, but my version always looks toonish. MEC4D for the save!
Akhenaten was not much different from Nefertiti's , the artist that created the bust of Nefertiti and Akhenaten run on the same gene pool , he just made him little more masculine , the other sculptures that looks weird and toonish are wrong, more of a caricature and I am not doing it based on that.. I will keep it in the same style . He must be a handsome guy, since his mother and grandmother was beautiful as well.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I saw that bust in London in the 70s, and wow, this looks just like her - awesome job!! o_O
Thank you Ken, I still need to edit the eyes since she have epicanthic folds as did her daughters, and it is time consuming. The artist that produced the art made her and Akhenaten looking like a brother and sister for some reason , maybe that what they wanted to be as ONE in the eyes of people. Do you remember the feeling of seeing her for the first time ? I never forget that , I got goosebumps , she was the reason I started 3D , I won a contest in 1997 painting Nefertiti and got huge package with 3D programs and that's how it started. I own her big time lol

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you Ken, I still need to edit the eyes since she have epicanthic folds as did her daughters, and it is time consuming. The artist that produced the art made her and Akhenaten looking like a brother and sister for some reason , maybe that what they wanted to be as ONE in the eyes of people. Do you remember the feeling of seeing her for the first time ? I never forget that , I got goosebumps , she was the reason I started 3D , I won a contest in 1997 painting Nefertiti and got huge package with 3D programs and that's how it started. I own her big time lol

I first met her son, Tutankhaten, and much later the mother. By then I didn't know the story behind her husband, Akhenaten, who had the bigger role in history, and ended up being erased from history for attempting to convert Egypt into monotheism. They were a remarkable family, even when Tutankhaten had later undone most of what his dad dedicated his life to, and changed his own name to Tutankhamun, to honor the old God Amun, instead of Aten. Ironically, the less historically significant son has become more known than the father because of his beautiful and well-preserved golden-plated sarcophagus. Some historians suspect it was his dad who had inspired the Hebrews to become monotheists. In my book, that is more significant than having a pretty sarcophagus. :)

But back to Nefertiti, her bust shows a blatant departure in artistic style comparing to how kings and queens that came before their time used to be depicted. Statues of Akhenaten himself were very different from how pharaohs had handled this in the past, like he didn't just wanted to break away from polytheism, but also from the established artistic styles, and even the language. His cultural influence was such that even after his death, and after his temples to Aten had been dismantled or destroyed, changes he did to the spoken language had still outlived him for centuries to come.

Definitely one of the most fascinating families of that period. They even brought YOU into the 3D scene, for which we are all very grateful. :D

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I first met her son, Tutankhaten, and much later the mother. By then I didn't know the story behind her husband, Akhenaten, who had the bigger role in history, and ended up being erased from history for attempting to convert Egypt into monotheism. They were a remarkable family, even when Tutankhaten had later undone most of what his dad dedicated his life to, and changed his own name to Tutankhamun, to honor the old God Amun, instead of Aten. Ironically, the less historically significant son has become more known than the father because of his beautiful and well-preserved golden-plated sarcophagus. Some historians suspect it was his dad who had inspired the Hebrews to become monotheists. In my book, that is more significant than having a pretty sarcophagus. :)

But back to Nefertiti, her bust shows a blatant departure in artistic style comparing to how kings and queens that came before their time used to be depicted. Statues of Akhenaten himself were very different from how pharaohs had handled this in the past, like he didn't just wanted to break away from polytheism, but also from the established artistic styles, and even the language. His cultural influence was such that even after his death, and after his temples to Aten had been dismantled or destroyed, changes he did to the spoken language had still outlived him for centuries to come.

Definitely one of the most fascinating families of that period. They even brought YOU into the 3D scene, for which we are all very grateful. :D
I see you know your stuff ! nice and I am very family with everything you said.

The 18th Dynasty is my favorite, so much beauty and mystery .

The subject is endless ...

And yes I am very grateful to Nefertiti & Thutmose for bringing me into 3D and change my world forever. Now I can bring her "back to live " again

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Just test renders and define her shape ( she still having no proper clothing ) and crown need to be finished , and no it is not going to be all metal , the crown base was made of fabric/letter , and on the head was a yellow sweat band for better fit , I want to go authentic on it rather than fantasy also for the actual dress and sandals .

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-26 013545.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-26 013545.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot 2021-03-26 013129.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-26 013129.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot 2021-03-26 013246.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-26 013246.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot 2021-03-26 020101.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-26 020101.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 104

xyer0

Brilliant
Brilliant! How exciting this all is! I'm so glad you decided to lend your artistry to Dawn/Dusk2!

I always suspected that Amenhotep IV was the model for the more human-looking sculptures, but the more famous sculptures were actually made in the image of Aten, the immortal, whom Amenhotep considered his father. In this way the son would be the image of the father.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Brilliant! How exciting this all is! I'm so glad you decided to lend your artistry to Dawn/Dusk2!

I always suspected that Amenhotep IV was the model for the more human-looking sculptures, but the more famous sculptures were actually made in the image of Aten, the immortal, whom Amenhotep considered his father. In this way the son would be the image of the father.
You welcome,
After Amenhotep IV becomes Akhenaten , the art changes too and the way everything was expressed. There are still enough normal looking sculptures of him , I believe Nefertiti bust and his own was one of the last normal human looking figures before he switch to the abstract , because a lot of them never got finished, and as with every Era they use one model to represent everyone like a signature.

Dawn&Dusk 2.0 gonna have a huge arsenal this year, I just love to model on this topology , so versatile , when I finish all my characters I am going to build them their Sanctuarium of Amarna based on the blueprint/reconstruction

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm not up with those couple that much, but could they have been related some how, because a lot of the Pharohs did marry their brother/sister.

I read somewhere that they made Nefertiti's statues more beautiful than she actually was.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I read somewhere that they made Nefertiti's statues more beautiful than she actually was.

There is some controversy on that, because there are others who believe the opposite. Akhenaten himself was depicted in odd ways, with somewhat unflattering features and proportions, in complete disagreement with how pharaohs used to be depicted until then, where they were always young, stylized and beautiful. Akhenaten has changed that, so there is no saying if Nefertiti was more or less attractive than the depictions of that period in particular. The only thing I CAN say is that Cath's version looks just like the face I have seen on her bust. Very recognizable. She has very peculiar features, like her nose, lips, cheeks and the eye shape.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I'm not up with those couple that much, but could they have been related some how, because a lot of the Pharohs did marry their brother/sister.

Well not only Pharaohs , until the Victorian era people married family members to keep their fortune inside the family.

According to historians, Nefertiti was not related to her husband Akhenaten.

You know when you sculpting in a stone that will be plastered, you need to make the wrinkles/creases deeper or they completely vanish after the last layer of plaster , so it is not that under the top layer is an older woman. Nefertiti portrayed herself as she aged , from Younger to older

Compared to the Roman smooth sculptures , Nefertiti bust is pretty authentic and asymmetric with signs of ageing . You see the light used in museums make her look more beautiful as it really is , the art is beautiful itself , but for our beauty standards today, she would be just an average and probably too masculine .

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
There is some controversy on that, because there are others who believe the opposite. Akhenaten himself was depicted in odd ways, with somewhat unflattering features and proportions, in complete disagreement with how pharaohs used to be depicted until then, where they were always young, stylized and beautiful. Akhenaten has changed that, so there is no saying if Nefertiti was more or less attractive than the depictions of that period in particular. The only thing I CAN say is that Cath's version looks just like the face I have seen on her bust. Very recognizable. She has very peculiar features, like her nose, lips, cheeks and the eye shape.
Beside King Tut , the rest of the family members did not had any deformations , even the alleged reminds of Akhenaten and King Tut mother ( the Young lady mummy) , grandmas and great grandparents . Akhenaten portraits itself and his wife as one in the Amarna art style. Even the golden chair that belongs to King Tut , was actually the golden chair of Akhenaten and Nefertiti , they altered the figures on the chair so total mismatch .