• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Lully's Hw Products

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Also available - Lully's Fabrics - MiscMats01

All 112 materials can be used on anything and have the advantage of a scale node within the material room, so that you can change the size of the pattern to suit your needs. This is especially useful when you are using the same material on different items of clothing, where the print shows bigger/smaller on one than on the other.

Please note - This product is not Merchant Resource.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B :)
If anyone is interested, this is where I got inspiration for the dress, although the ruffled drop down strappy top part wouldn't work in the cloth room so altered it, don't look anything like it now, lol

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh nice, and I like that purse she's carrying too, though maybe with a thinner linked chain strap. ;)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Love the patchwork dress, and the materials are so pretty, too!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Just a quick note, very late tonight to say I LOVE YOUR NEW MATERIALS AND DRESSES... will be buying really soon, Dawn! Hugs! and THANK YOU for your talent!!!

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Reminds me of my favorite dress when I was about 3.
Red Hen Publications: All Things Relative — Family Album pg 27 of 30
Ma made me another just like it when I outgrew it. I had something like it up until I was 6 or 7. (No Disney Princess dresses in those days.)

I love those sorts of dresses, I think we called that a gypsy dress in our house in the 70s. I wish I could see the top design better, I'd make it for Diva if I could see how the top was constructed. Was it off the shoulders or was there straps?

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Just a quick note, very late tonight to say I LOVE YOUR NEW MATERIALS AND DRESSES... will be buying really soon, Dawn! Hugs! and THANK YOU for your talent!!!

Thanks Lyne, I thought you would like those ( I made note of the hemline not being toooooo long as to hide the feet :)

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Yikes that first link you provided listed it at around $1,500 US. This second one is listed at $13,000 US. What are they crazy????? For a tiny little purse like that????? OK, second one says it's alligator, but really? The links must be made from 24K gold. Sheesh!!

Yep. silly money, but I seem to remember reading somewhere once that Oprah bought a bag for over $30k. Some people just don't know the value of money and how little others have, $13,000/ £9,600 wasted on a handbag? TUT TUT!

Edited to add - PLUS you cant fit anything in it, a phone, lippy and your keys and thats it, what about the kitchen sink? where does that go? :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Ma sewed. Enthusiastically, but with no pretensions of professionalism. Nearly all of my clothes were homemade, and the construction was *really* simple. Most skirts were just rectangular pieces of fabric gathered into the waist.

In the case of the princess dress, it was based on a plain sleeveless dress. Not straps, just sleeveless, although the shoulder pieces were probably narrower than typical. and like all of my other dresses, it was cut with a separate bodice and skirt -- since Ma thought that used less fabric than cutting anything princess style. The shoulder ruffle (and the skirt ruffle for that matter) were just strips of fabric hemmed and gathered. I can't remember whether the drop-shoulder portion of it was even backed with anything -- although it was probably sewn to a bit of bias tape. Or elastic. I certainly don't ever recall her fitting anything to me before she presented it to me to wear. She had a good eye for proportions, but everything was basically by guess and by gosh. She didn't use commercial patterns.

She didn't usually bother with fastenings, either, so there were almost certainly sashes set into the side seams which tied in the back for the fit.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Your mum sounds like she did what I used to do when I did dressmaking, i used to make a lot of my own clothes when I was a teen and never used a pattern, when I did, i made the pattern and did a twarl(sp?) first, then I made my niece a whole wardrobe of clothes one year, although I did use patterns for those, but again, simple summer dresses with frills and tie top dungarees (she was about 6 at the time) I loved making kids clothes, so many fun fabrics.

Do you think the top was similar to this, but shoulder ruffles pointing downwards and longer? of course the skirts not the same,

also done this, this morning, not sure how it will drape though, still early stage, smocking was a nightmare

upload_2016-11-30_16-58-44.png

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear

OH MY GAWD, I LOVE THIS DRESS ON DIVA!!! TOOOOO WONDERFUL... !!!! (I'm excited, can you tell?) Can be a night gown or dress... and speaking of dresses for Diva:

I adore how in one pass, the dress was perfect in the cloth room, and then your velvets sent it over the top! VERY happy with this one... and now I really have to go BUY your latest, you super talent!! :)