• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Lully's Hw Products

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The Diva dress is definitely in the same ballpark. But the ruffles on hers are structural whereas the ones on mine were purely a decorative add-on. Since my dress already had shoulders, the ruffle went straight across the chest and back and around the shoulders. No structural function at all. The dress wasn't going anywhere since it was already a functional dress. The ruffle didn't go up *over* the shoulders. it went around them.

The other main difference visually, is that the ruffle on mine was long enough to pretty much completely cover the bodice. I was only 3 and a half, so the bodice wasn't very long.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Definite Yay! Love all the images...

Toile...is the correct spelling. My mum used to make all my clothes and she used to do either an a line with a round neck and some buttons at the back or a simple bodice with a gathered skirt with sashes to tie at the back. I used to use a lot of Top Kids patterns https://img0.etsystatic.com/006/0/6412614/il_570xN.373817498_b561.jpg. I think they may have been Australian but you can't buy them anymore. They were like Burda but for Kids and you'd get about 30 patterns for the price of a magazine. I made so many clothes for my kids when they were little. I used to have a Janome embroidery machine that could do the designs. I do have some standard block patterns for kids bodices and size 12 womens (not that I could use that these days) I used to love to sew and make my own patterns.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
so cute Lyne, that dress works well as a xmas party frock :) glad you like.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
The Diva dress is definitely in the same ballpark. But the ruffles on hers are structural whereas the ones on mine were purely a decorative add-on. Since my dress already had shoulders, the ruffle went straight across the chest and back and around the shoulders. No structural function at all. The dress wasn't going anywhere since it was already a functional dress. The ruffle didn't go up *over* the shoulders. it went around them.

The other main difference visually, is that the ruffle on mine was long enough to pretty much completely cover the bodice. I was only 3 and a half, so the bodice wasn't very long.

I was tempted to do the frill longer, but the longer you go, the more chance of pokies and you do get them with this, but a couple to strokes with the morph tool and they are gone. It's generally inevitable with double layers but any longer and it may become an issue that the tool cannot cope with.

What I may do at some point, is do a small pack of bits, I was gonna do that with Dawn too, but seem to have got sidetracked on that, maybe I can do them together and have identical packs for either dawn or Diva. Can be scarves, sashes, snoods, shawls/poncho, frilly addons, that sort of thing. Need to get ideas and add to my pinterest board. the frills then can be done on a second drape and could work with anything.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Definite Yay! Love all the images...

Toile...is the correct spelling. My mum used to make all my clothes and she used to do either an a line with a round neck and some buttons at the back or a simple bodice with a gathered skirt with sashes to tie at the back. I used to use a lot of Top Kids patterns https://img0.etsystatic.com/006/0/6412614/il_570xN.373817498_b561.jpg. I think they may have been Australian but you can't buy them anymore. They were like Burda but for Kids and you'd get about 30 patterns for the price of a magazine. I made so many clothes for my kids when they were little. I used to have a Janome embroidery machine that could do the designs. I do have some standard block patterns for kids bodices and size 12 womens (not that I could use that these days) I used to love to sew and make my own patterns.

I did wonder if it was the french spelling but on a google search it came up with a type of fabric?
Think we have Prima magazine with one pattern on per mag. Mostly were women's clothes, but I'm sure there were kids wear too. I used to save those patterns but hardly used them, I may have used a jacket at one point and gave up as the collar was went wonky. That's a good deal, if you got all those patterns on one mag. I didn't have an embroidery machine, my sewing machine had a heap of cams that did fancy stitching, but to be honest I only tried it once and thought it looked a bit underwhelming for fancy stitching. I have got an overlocker which needs servicing. That works great on jersey, which I always wanted to sew with when I was younger, but normal sewing machines never cut it. The overlocker used to save so much time too, with the cutting as you sew function. 3d clothes making is so much easier and you don't have to take over the table and make a mess to do it, lol

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Iirc it can be both. I have many years worth of burda magazines that I used to make things from and yes very good value.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Definitely liking that dress for Diva. Confirmed dynamics fan here and invariably look to Lully first these days. Not that I'm biased or anything! Honest! :whistling:

For the record. I once made myself a pair of trousers from a pattern which were a rather striking red colour, which were pretty groovy for the time. Trouble was, I was working at a furniture restorers to earn collage funds at the time and I used a piece of upholstery fabric I found in the shop. Nice to pose in but, as I soon discovered, so stiff it was almost impossible to bend my legs when walking! (Think Wallace & Grommits Disco Trousers!). The first (and last) time I wore them was on a trip into town where they were quickly replaced and abandoned in a bin somewhere near Carnaby Street!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...upholstery fabric is a lot heavier and stiffer than normal fabric. Some lighter weight curtain fabrics would work and have been used. My great grandmother used to do that during the war, she remade some curtains into a dress for my great aunt for a dance iirc. She was a great recycler, used to reuse everything she could...

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Thanks all, gonna post the proper post with pics, lol. bit late, I fell asleep on the sofa last night :sleep:
Pen, your comment about your great gran reminded me of gone with the wind, where she made that dress out of the green velvet curtains (think they were green or was the film in BW and I imagined it?)

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Dynamic Princess Dress for Diva

Requires Dawn SE and Pendraia Fae's Diva for Dawn
A dress made specifically for Diva

What's Included & Features
  • Props
    • 2 Dynamic Prop Dresses (short and long versions)
    • 1 Dynamic Prop Neck Frills
  • Materials
  • 114 .mt5 materials